Chapter 21 → Happy Belated Birthday #1

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

Hyunseung's POV

 

  I had totally no idea what to do as I glanced between the Infinite members who were exchanging worried looks with one another and were whispering to one another in hushed tones. The anxiety in their eyes were hard to ignore as they drummed their fingers on the dark brown coffee table top, some also scratching their heads in ultimate frustration. Sunggyu, the leader, paced around the room aimlessly, seeming to have no ideas on how to defeat the ghosts.

 

  The situation was awkward between me and Hyunmi as we gazed at each other, not knowing how to ease their frustration or comfort them due to the fact that we hardly understood what was going on between the vampires and ghosts. There was tension in the air as Infinite silently gathered around the coffee table, having a quiet group discussion. Sighing, we nodded at each other and I retired to my room with Hyunmi trailing after me.

 

   My room was pretty well furnished, with light grey walls and a beige coloured marble floor which tickled my feet as I walked on it. A closet installed in one of the walls had a snowy white dust-free door which can be slid open as smoothly as butter, not a speck of dust sitting in it. A huge fluffy white bed had been placed in the middle of the room, which sunk down when I placed my luggage on it to be unloaded. A lamp sat on the black bedside table, bathing the room in white light as I turned it on. 

 

  

 

  "Nice room," Hyunmi finally broke the uncomfortable silence as she stepped in and closed the door behind her. Opening up my luggage, she pulled out the clothes I stuffed into it and started folding them neatly into squares to be lain in the closet. "As unorganised as always, I see," Hyunmi commented and chuckled. Hearing her chuckle made me smile unknowingly.

 

  "Hyunmi-ah," I called out to her as the subject of ghosts popped up in my mind, and I found myself with as much, if not more, worry as the vampires, "stay safe, okay? Did you see the worry on their faces? I think the ghosts are really powerful, judging by their concerned looks. You saw how strong Infinite was, and if the ghosts are even stronger...god knows what will happen to you..."

 

  "Oppa, I'm a human, and so are you. If they hurt me, they'll hurt you too. I don't want that to happen, so...oppa, you stay safe too," Hyunmi answered with a sad look in her eyes, looking like doleful eyes of an adorable puppy.

 

  Reaching over to her and grabbing her hands, I gazed at her in the eye and sincerely assured her, "Don't worry, if anything happens to you, or if the ghosts target you, I will always be here for you. I will be there to protect you from any harm that befalls you. Arraso?" Her face softened when my words were spoken and she glanced at me tenderly.

 

  "I'll be protecting you too."

 

Your POV

 

  "Say, Hyunmi. Wasn't it your birthday two days ago? Which was why you were declared independent and moved here? Since it's still 11 in the morning, why don't we go out to celebrate your happy 16th?"

 

  The idea sounded great to me. It had been years since I had such fantastic happy days spent with Hyunseung outside the orphanage. Those days of endless chattering and loud laughter with him...all the perfect days, were over when he left due to his 'independence' as claimed by the government officials. Spending time with him was like heaven, like paradise.

 

  The happy days of running around and screaming in the amusement park having the time of our lives on the various fun and entertaining rides - roller coasters where I could scream my heart out; pirate ship rides which could make me feel exhilarated; merry go rounds which could make me feel relaxed within a matter of time on the grand white horses - and nibbling on the pink cotton candy.

 

  The happy days of playing hide and seek in the beautiful park with each other, breathing in the clean fresh air in the park and sniffing the sweet scent of the beautiful colourful flowers, even going as far as to climb up the tall towering trees in the park which offered shade from the hot sun.

 

  The happy days spent at the seaside building sandcastles with the fine white sand as soft as velvet, and splashing each other with the cool water of the azure blue sea, shimmering like diamonds as the sun reflected off its surface, having a small water battle and as the sun sets, having a picnic under a tree while watching as the sky became ablaze with colours of pink and orange.

 

  The happy days spent at the air-conditioned shopping mall, strolling around and peeking at each shop while sharing a sweet cookies&cream ice cream cone, it as the ice cream slowly melted, causing the cone to be damp and picking out little collectibles - adorable stuffed toys with large eyes, cute keychains to hang on bags and pencil cases, photo frames which could be used to store the beautiful memories we had together.

 

  And after he had left, all the days in the orphanage were spent by sitting alone on the edge of my rock-hard bed with the thin yellow blanket draped over my lap, gazing out of the glass-paned windows with loneliness overcoming me, wishing and longing to be like the children in the park a stone's throw away, having fun as they played with each other.

 

  Having the chance to relive those days was an honour.

 

  Slipping my hand into his, I softly said, just loud enough for him to hear, "Definitely."

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

  "Sungyeollie! Come over for a moment, will you?" Sunggyu's hurried voice caught me off guard. He was never the type to be so rushed as he was usually as cool as a cucumber, never impatient or hurrying.

 

  As soon as I went over, he cupped his hands over my ear and started whispering into my ear so softly and quickly that no one else could hear, and I bet not even himself could listen to what he was telling me. 

 

  "Sungyeol-ah, I heard Hyunseung's thoughts. It was Hyunmi's birthday two days ago, and now he's taking her on a date, and I can read his thoughts that he will be confessing to her on this day! If you want to be with her...you must act quickly, arraso? And I can tell Hyunmi sort of has some feelings for him too, she might accept him! Sungyeollie, I will help you find out what Hyunmi likes in a period of time, act fast! Now...I know that Hyunseung will be taking her to the amusement park. Hurry!"

 

  My heart stopped. Hyunseung...likes Hyunmi?

 

  I barely had some time to nod and give him a small forced smile before Hyunseung and Hyunmi came bounding up to me, hand in hand, seeming to be really ecstatic since they both have wide bright grins on their faces. The way they looked at each other was so passioniate that jealousy burned my heart. Little did I know that my heart was going to seem to be burned to ashes later on. And the fact that Hyunmi had dressed up so beautifully for Hyunseung today...it just felt wrong.

 

  "Sungyeol oppa, we want to go somewhere, can you teleport us to...the school? We can flag down a cab from there to get to our destination. Please?" Hyunmi asked, still not being able to take the smile off her face. Well...at least she called me oppa. At least I know I have the place of an oppa in her heart.

 

   This was the sort of situation I hated most. My heart and mind were screaming loudly for me to turn her down since I didn't want to lose her to another male whom she possibly loved, yet I knew deep down that I didn't have the guts to do so. I mean - they seemed so happy, how could I ever reject? And yet again, my heart would break if I agree.

 

  "Sure," I muttered at last unwillingly. Regret washed over me, yet I couldn't do anything about it. 

 

  Gathering them closer together to grab hold of the chance, I pulled Hyunmi nearer to me than she was to Hyunseung, so close that I could practically hear her heartbeat. Her heart was running at the rate of a speeding bullet train. And the worst part was that I knew that the one who caused it to be like that wasn't me.

 

  Heartbreak.

 

  Squeezing my eyes shut and biting down hard on my lower lip to prevent the tears from falling and my weak side to show, I pictured the school's exterior, and within five seconds, the three of us had reached the outside of the brick red school building. Brushing the dust off her black miniskirt, and lacing up her pink Converse high tops which had untied in the process of teleportation, she took hold of Hyunseung's hand and skipped off to an approaching cab to flag it down.

 

  Double heartbreak.

 

  Sunggyu's words rung in my head, "Now...I know that Hyunseung will be taking her to the amusement park. Hurry!"

 

  They are going to the amusement park, and I shall follow them to make sure they don't get too close. Yet, then again, what can I do if that happens?

 

  Sighing, I tiptoed away out of their sight and pictured the nearest amusement park from the school, and was there in a jiffy.

 

Your POV

 

  Within a matter of minutes, the cab had driven in and dropped us down at a place which seemed familiar, yet I couldn't tell where it was. Staring at the surroundings in confusion, I tried my best to remember where it was, digging through my mind for memories, yet I couldn't think of it.

 

  "Thank you," Hyunseung courteously and politely handed over some money to the taxi driver before getting out of the bright yellow cab and crouching down in front of me. Again like what I had done to Woohyun the last time, I scratched my head and looked at him with a confused look on my face. Chuckling to himself at my confused look, he stood up and ruffled my hair which fell in soft flowing locks sweeping past my delicate shoulders.

 

  "Get on, silly girl, you're just as clueless as last time," Hyunseung laughed before crouching down in front of me again. Without hesitation, I wrapped my long legs around his hips and clung on to his neck like a koala before he stood up and piggybacked me to our destination. The feeling of being offered a piggyback ride never failed to make me smile.

 

  "Close your eyes, no peeping!" After approximately three minutes, Hyunseung softly whispered to me as I obeyed him, closing my eyes and just enjoying the ride. The cool wind blew in my direction, causing my hair to flow down my back and soothed my nerves. Before long, I heard loud music being blasted. It sounded too familiar.

 

  And I knew where I was.

 

  Curiosity got the better of me as I peeled my eyelids away from each other to make sure that my suspicions were right. And they were.

 

  "Amusement park!"

 

  Being so excited, I let myself down from Hyunseung's firm back and roamed around freely, laughing to myself as I couldn't control myself, being extremely ecstatic. Grasping Hyunseung's left hand with my right, I sprinted towards the ticketing counter at lightning speed that it could even be quicker than the vampires' speed. It could even compare to the speed of Sungyeol teleporting!

 

  "Two, please," a very tired out, breathing-like-a-bull Hyunseung finally caught up and took deep breaths to steady his beating heart. Fishing out some dollar notes from his black leather wallet and passing it to the cashier in charge without even receiving the change, he had dashed behind me trying to catch up with my high speed.

 

  "My gosh, Hyunmi, anyone who is here must be thinking that you are an amusement-park-deprived girl," Hyunseung panted in between quick breaths as I giggled uncontrollably and squealed as I caught sight of the amazing magnificent looking rides. Ranging from lightning-speed rides like the frightening-looking roller coasters and spinning colourful teacups to the adorable yet fun kiddy rides like the flying elephants and the merry-go-round with the horses and carriages, every part of them caught my attention.

 

  "You're the best, Hyunseung!" I couldn't control myself and before I knew it, I had planted a wet kiss on his soft cheek.

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

  I froze when I saw the sight before me.

 

  My heart broke for the millionth time.

 

 


 

 

OHMYGOSH I CAN'T CONTAIN MY FEELS OMO OMO OMO OMO

 

I GOT A FREAKING 274 FOR MY PSLE OMG OMG PRAISE THE LORD THANK YOU MY 25 HUBBIES INFINITE EXO AND TEEN TOP FOR BLESSING ME