Chapter 23 → Happy Belated Birthday #3

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

No One's POV

 

  Time passed by in a flash as the day went by in the blink of an eye, and the sun was already beginning to sink below the horizon, dipping behind the green grassy hills. The sky was ablaze with warm colours like red and orange as late evening slowly arrived. Hyunmi and Hyunseung had, too, ridden on almost every ride in the amusement park, laughing and screaming loudly and even squealing in ultimate excitement.

 

  The only ride left which they hadn't yet ridden on was the merry-go-round.

 

  The two bounded hand in hand to the merry-go-round ride, and even though they were feeling really exhausted, their hearts were still full of anticipation and fascination. Almost all of the amusement park workers had mistaken them as a couple, since they were so close, yet they didn't seem to mind as they happily ran from one ride to the other, enjoying each one to the maximum with wide smiles spreading on their faces..

 

  Both of them were in high spirits as they strode up to the merry-go-round in quick light steps, unable to control the sides of their rosy cherry lips from curling upwards into wide smiles. Since it was already six in the evening, the usual crowd queueing up for the rides had dispersed, and the number of people had decreased sharply compared to the chaos in the morning.

 

  Hyunmi stood at the side of the merry-go-round ride idly and glanced at Hyunseung curiously as he let go of her hand ever so gently and lightly jogged over to the worker in his neat dark blue uniform, whispering to him with a hand cupped over the worker's ear. The worker looked pretty confused and had a questioning look on his face, and Hyunseung continued to plead and persuade the worker until he agreed to his request.

 

  Finally after a period of time, the worker finally nodded in agreement while biting down on his bottom lip. Instantly, Hyunseung had rushed over to Hyunmi's side, slung his arm over her dainty shoulder and they skipped together onto the ride with the anticipation burning their hearts. 

 

   Before long, Hyunseung had gone up and curled up on a magnificent sparkling white horse with a luminous green saddle which Hyunmi had loved the best when they had came during her birthdays while they were still trapped in the dusty old orphanage, and Hyunmi, unwillingly, bit her lip and was about to get up on a candy pink horse with twinkling eyes and a light sandy brown saddle when Hyunseung caught her hand.

 

  "Didn't you love this horse the most, when we were still in our early years?" Hyunseung asked while gazing into her chocolate brown eyes tenderly, "let's ride on this one together, it'll just be the both of us." Hyunmi glanced at Hyunseung as he shifted forward to create more space for Hyunmi to sit comfortably. She scrutinised the place and realised he was right. There were no other people riding on the merry-go-round with them.

 

  Hesitantly, Hyunmi slowly got onto the magical white horse, looking at the worker in charge who only flashed her a reassuring grin, and she instantly understood what Hyunseung had requested the worker to do. He had planned to have both of them riding together on the same horse together.

 

  Feeling that curling her hands around his stomach would be weird, she gently placed her palms, facing down, on his broad shoulders, and on his assurance that putting her hands around his waist would be fine, she removed her hands from his shoulders and with a little hesitation, wrapped her arms around his waist and clasped both of her hands together firmly.

 

  Very shortly after, the ride soon started and the horse started to move smoothly as if it was a real horse trotting on a path slowly, and then increasing its speed over time. The wind brushed past, making the endless forming beads of perspiration evaporate, cooling Hyunmi immensely. Being on the spotless white horse made her feel like royalty, as if she was a princess.

 

  And if she was a princess, Hyunseung would be her prince who had proposed to her, and it seemed like they were travelling on the horse to a beautiful palace where they would spend their lives together forever. The thoughts seemed ridiculous, yet Hyunmi thought it would be great if they were true. Hyunmi and Hyunseung curled up on the horse comfortably together, enjoying themselves and relaxing on the slow ride which was a rest after the speeding roller coasters.

 

  Perhaps they were meant to be.

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

  I stifled a yawn as I ducked behind a bright yellow dustbin, glancing behind me at the worker with golden blonde short  hair and dressed in a neat deep blue uniform. He was wearing purple framed spectacles, which made me question his uality.

 

  Not far away from me, very soon, I caught sight of the familiar short messy red hair and long and straight chestnut brown hair which sat on its owner's delicate shoulders. I heard Hyunseung's feet tapping on the smooth cement ground as he lightly ran over. With my vampire hearing, I tried to eavesdrop on their soft conversation while still trying to hide myself in case they saw me.

 

  "Mister, I'm here with my girlfriend, and I would like to make...a request," Hyunseung simply stated to the worker as he whispered softly into his ear. But loud enough so that I could hear with my abnormal vampire hearing senses which were thrice more as powerful as humans'. 

 

  GIRLFRIEND?!

 

  "Yes, what is it?"

 

  "Well, today, I am intending to propose to her, and I would like to do this differently and in a more unique way than other common ones. I am planning for both of us to sit on the same horse-" PROPOSE?! OH MY GOD-

 

  "No. That's not safe! Sitting on the same horse poses lots of danger, there's limited space on the horse, specially constructed only to fit one person..."

 

  "Please! Just make an exception. Besides, she's so skinny like a bamboo stick, she only weighs around 40kg, she'll be able to have enough space to be comfortable. She can wrap her hands around my waist, she'll be perfectly fine and I can really, really can make sure she's going to be safe and sound and-"

 

   The worker seemed to consider this, deep in thought as he scratched his head and rubbed his chin. Please...don't say yes...don't agree...

 

  "Well, all right then. Good luck with your proposal to your girlfriend," the worker said with a smile and I facepalmed myself, irritated. Oh no, you didn't!

 

  Grabbing my hair in frustration, I could have ripped it out with all the powerful vampire strength I was using, if it wasn't for our leader who stopped me. Surprised that he would have came here with me, I spun around to stare at him.

 

  "Well, our dongsaeng is finally trying out in love, why wouldn't I, being your hyung AND your leader, be here to support you? Come on, you still have lots of chances, just wait patiently. That-" Sunggyu pointed to Hyunseung and Hyunmi on the ride, riding that white horse ecstatically, "may not mean anything. At all."

 

  Though he sounded reassuring, I couldn't feel reassured. So I just forced a smile.

 

  Life isn't fair.

 

Hyunseung's POV

 

  "That was amazing, wasn't it?"

 

  "Yeah, I totally felt like a princess!" Hyunmi grinned with her charming eyesmile as she giggled uncontrollably, clutching onto my arm since she seemed to have drained out all of her energy she had already. Her eyelids already seemed to be drooping.

 

  "Princess, your date doesn't end here. We're going to the shopping mall to catch some ice cream and grab some dinner and then I'm going to buy your birthday present on the spot. Do you think I would just easily take you to the amusement park and then call it a day?"

 

  Hyunmi's eyes were immediately as humongous as saucers. Her eyes shined like bright stars in the beautiful dark night sky, the twinkling being the shining stars and her pupil being the midnight black night sky. Smiling with her pearly white teeth as her high cheekbones showed clearly, turning pink, she enveloped me so tightly that I could hardly breathe. I could feel it - she had missed me a lot.

 

  "Thanks Hyunseung. You'd make the best boyfriend material."

 

 


 

 

So there'd be 4 parts for this happy belated birthday haha