Chapter 6 → Freaking Out

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

Chapter 6

 

   Vampires.

 

   Bloodthirsty. Fierce. Powerful. Ferocious. Leeches. Bloodsuckers. Intense. Unrelenting. Strong. Fast.  Why, the list could go on. And yet still end with 'Hot' & 'Handsome'. Why God, why must you make gorgeous guys bloodsucking leeches, one of whom I fell in love with?

 

   Why did you make them abnormal, unordinary, risky, dangerous yet totally good looking and irresistible?

 

   With my shaky fingers, I scribbled a 'Check' beside 'Freakingly elastic leg muscles' after watching the gorgeous vampires propel themselves into the air and onto a higher platform with their long legs. My head was spinning.  Ripping the luminous yellow wrapper off the lemon lollipop, I popped it into my mouth and on it incessantly.

 

• Hates sunlight 

• Hates garlic

• Superior speed

• (possibly) Superior strength

• Freakingly elastic leg muscles

• Ability to heal

And the fact that proved the worst.

• blood

 

   Eek.

 

   What do I do?

 

  A billion thoughts were racing through my mind as I trudged home from school that day. Yeah, 'home'.

 

  The moment the gate in front of my house had opened, I briskly stepped into the doorway to be greeted by a government official in charge sitting on the sofa in the living room.

 

  

 

  "Good afternoon, Hyunmi-ssi. Everything in your house has been settled. Groceries have been placed in the cupboards of the kitchen and all of your clothes have been moved to the closet. Remember that after today, you will be independent and be living all on your own. As for your school fees and bills, the government will be financially assisting you so please do not worry," the man in his slight 30s spoke clearly and loudly to me.

 

  After he had left the house after bading farewell and saying that he had other things to do, I sighed and went into the kitchen, looking simple yet pretty in candy pink and white as the base colours.

 

 

  Heaving a sigh, I pulled the refridgerator door open and began sifting through it to find eggs and at the same time, 'explore' to get accustomed to it. After having done the same to all the cupboards, I gently held the eggs and walked over to the stove to cook them. 

 

  Since I was still deep in thought about the vampires, I was totally not able to concentrate, and while the eggs were cooking, I accidentally dropped the spatula on my foot, splattering boiling hot oil on my feet. 

 

  "Ouch!"

 

  If it will affect me this much...maybe I should come clean with the vampires that I knew their deadly secret...

 

  What should I do?