Chapter 9 → Bigmouth Habit Strikes

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

No One's POV

 

  Hyunmi continued standing rooted to the spot, waving and flinging her dainty hands desperately in front of Sungyeol, who was still staring at her. The intense gaze of his was enough to cause Hyunmi to feel more self-conscious and she blushed a deep beetroot red, her rosy cheeks turning to the colour of tomatoes within the matter of seconds. It was as if Sungyeol was staring deep into her soul, reading her thoughts meticulously.

 

  Noticing her deep red cheeks, the ends of Sungyeol's pink lips curled upwards to form a crescent.

 

  She's blushing, that's so cute.

 

  Without being able to control himself, his lanky arms reached forward to grasp Hyunmi's wrists gently, stopping the motion of them. The two stayed in that position, -  with Hyunmi still standing awkwardly and Sungyeol sitting comfortably on the brown plastic chair with his legs crossed, holding Hyunmi's hands with such tenderness that it would be enough to melt someone like an ice cream on a sweltering hot day - gazing into each other's eyes without making the slightest movement.

 

  Any strangers who completely did not know them would have been mistaken that they were a couple, considering the intimate position with their hands in each other's, gazing lovingly at each other as if they were studying each other's facial features. Their hearts - yes, literally hearts - were beating together as one, palpitating wildly against their chests and they had similar beautiful brown eyes.

 

  It was as if that moment was frozen - absolutely no one could tear them away from each other's sight.

 

  Wrong.

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

  Her face was leaning in towards mine, and we were gazing at each other intently, mine with ultimate love and hers with something I couldn't put into words. Passion? Or...fear? Nothing seemed to be able to break up the moment between the both of us, not the bright yellow canaries chirping outside the classroom; not the soft ticking of the clock hung up on the dull white classroom wall; not the...

 

  "Ahem!" someone cleared his throat behind me.

 

   Instinctively, as if we were one person, I let go of her hand and we dropped our gaze, whirling around to face the other members of my clan who were studying in our school. Sungjong wasn't enrolled in school since he was, undoubtly, immature, and the two eldest had to stay back to look after him, since God knows what he would do without the supervision of others. Maybe something outrageous like blood from people in PUBLIC with everyone staring.

 

  I shuddered.

 

  "What will Sunggyu say?" Hoya tapped his chin as he bravely staggered one step forward.

 

  "He said to go for it, sir, if you didn't know that," I retorted stubbornly. 

 

   All three of the Infinite members raised their bushy eyebrows and stared at me incredulously, as if I had told them I had killed their parents or something. 

 

Your POV

 

  The atmosphere turned really, really awkward.

 

  In order to liven up the area and try to relieve it of awkwardness, I tried to change the subject. And being the blabbermouth I am, I blurted out the secret I had been trying so hard to keep.

 

  "Let's change the subject. Well, you have fangs and blood and are scared of sunlight, are you vampires or what?"

 

  After I realised that I had spoken it out loud, I clapped a hand onto my mouth and my tomato cheeks turned pale ghastly white.

 

   The Infinite members stared at me with their mouths opened WIDE, with panicked expressions on the faces. 

 

  "Sungyeol, you told her didn't you?!"

 

  "What? Don't accuse me of doing this! Of course I didn't!"

 

  "Hoya, you heard her. She said she inferred that from...well, our peculiar behaviour."

 

  Woohyun...the hottie...was speaking up for me?

 

  "Well, we've got to get Sunggyu to settle this. Only the leader would know what to do, considering all this mess. Let's take her back. Who cares about school, let's ditch it."

 

  And I was swept away, by what felt like a strong whoosh of wind.

 

  Quick as lightning.