Chapter 10 → Living Together

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

No One's POV

 

   It wasn't until hours later when Hyunmi finally woke up. And it wasn't in her bedroom.

 

  Startled, she sat up hurriedly and scrutinised the whole area. Straightening her clothes and running her long fingers through her smooth straight hair, she filled her mind with thoughts. A variety of feelings were bursting in her - bewilderment; shock; surprise; and even fear.

 

  Where am I?

 

  Scanning the room with her almond eyes, she absorbed every part of it into her mind. The room was breathtakingly beautiful, though it had a mysterious feeling to it. The walls were painted flawlessly in perfect shades of nearly-neon pink and deep purple. The marble flooring was smooth and black, and the bed was covered in black and white, black bed covers and pillows and white blankets. The lighting was elegant yet simple - installed into the ceiling and shining down onto the bed. It took Hyunmi a long time to register that the lighting was the only light bathing the room.

 

 

 

  Where..., Hyunmi thought as she got off the bed swiftly and made her way towards the windows at the left side of her room. Pulling the black silk curtains aside, she was stunned by the sight before her as light streamed into the room.

 

  The sky was a beautiful bright azure blue, with white fluffy clouds dotting it like white ships riding high upon the waves of an ocean. The grass looked shiny and green, and really inviting. Trees in the distance stood still, with leaves of different colours - red, yellow, green and brown. There was even a road far, far away, though there were no cars travelling on it. Cottages dotted the street to the left, and there were birds fly-

 

  Wait, they were still.

 

  They weren't flying.

 

  But they were in the air.

 

  Spotting a metal knob at the side of the window to the right, Hyunmi pulled it forcefully to the left. 

 

  Seeing the sight before her, as compared to the previous beautiful countryside one, Hyunmi gasped in shock. The light which had been streaming inside was from the PICTURE on the WINDOW. Yes, it was a window pane which was opaque.

 

  Hyunmi stared at the real scenery outside the thin piece of glass blocking her from the outside world. It was really dark, with the sky a navy blue so dark that she could hardly differentiate it with black. And all she could see were dark brown sticks rising high into the air, with an even darker green oval-shaped things on top. Even in the dark, Hyunmi could tell they were trees.

 

  However, it was the number which shocked her. Only around 5 metres away from where she was looking from, there was a huge patch of trees which led to who-knows-where without any path. It was like a forest, but clad so thickly in trees that there was hardly any space for anything else. The trees were packed so tightly together that all she could see was a bunch of stems huddling against one another growing high up with dark green leaves all cluttered at the top.

 

  "I see you've awoken," a deep, but friendly voice was heard out of nowhere.

 

  Instinctively, Hyunmi whipped around to see a dino-like man stepping into the room.

 

Your POV

 

  I could tell his voice sounded friendly, yet when I turned back and saw him with his huge eyes and dinosaur-like appearance, I pretty much freaked out. Unknowingly, I shirked to a corner of the glamorous bedroom.

 

  Seeing my intense fear, he grinned, giving him a childlike appearance and his dinosaur radar disappeared, just as my fear dissapated.

 

  "You're really cute. I can tell why my dongsaeng would fall in love with you," he cheekily grinned before holding his hand out to me, "come on, let's go downstairs and we'll all explain everything to you."

 

   I slipped my shaking hand into his warm, big one and we sidled down the brown wooden staircase. Once I reached the bottom, I was greeted by the sight of six gorgeous men all cuddled up on the comfortable white sofa, glancing at me once I had seen them as I scanned the six faces.

 

  Sungyeol and Woohyun were there too!

 

  Immediately, I didn't feel as fearful as I had before. With the presence of the two familiar ones, my stiffened figure finally softened and I felt much more comfortable.

 

  "Well, you know our deepest, darkest secret, so..."

 

  The hamster like guy with tiny eyes who had started making the awkward speech was interrupted when my stomach growled loudly. And at this time. I grimaced.

 

  "Do you have food here?" I asked sheepishly.

 

  "Uhm Hyunmi? You know we're vampires and blood so-"

 

  I smacked my forehead. How could I forget?

 

  "Why don't I take you back home and you can fetch your groceries and clothes and other stuff here?" Sungyeol suggested.

 

   Knowing that Sungyeol was kind enough to fetch me home for my groceries, I smiled, but then something dawned on me. The part other than the groceries.

 

   "My clothes? And other stuff? Do you mean-" I started.

 

  "Yes Hyunmi. You're going to live with us." the same guy answered, to my horror.

 

  "But how about-"

 

  "Hyunmi, you know our deepest, darkest secret. We need to keep you here to prevent you from babbling it to your friends. This is supposed to be a secret. No one should know."

 

  "I don't have any friends!"

 

  To my surprise, the guy broke into a wide smile.

 

  "WE will be your friends. Since you know our secret, why don't you just be our friend? Anyway, you still have to live here, so...well, I'm Sunggyu," he reached forward to shake my hand, and I shyly grasped his hand with my palms caked in perspiration. At least he didn't have the grace to wipe it on his shirt.

 

  "I'm Dongwoo, the guy from earlier on," the dino-like guy introduced.

 

  "Woohyun," Woohyun snapped coldly without lifting his hand, and stayed there, comfortable on the sofa. Disappointment rushed over me, but once I remembered that I was going to live with him, I felt relieved. Perhaps he could open up to me...

 

  "Hoya, I'm the guy in your class," the guy with two bushy eyebrows slanted towards each other broke into a grin. He looked really handsome when he wasn't smiling, I even thought it was impossible for him to get more good-looking than that. But, oh well, anything is possible.

 

  "You already know who I am. Sungyeol~" Sungyeol giggled mischievously.

 

  "I'm L," the really handsome, gorgeous yet mysterious guy waved at me and flashed me a smile. I could have sworn that time stopped still when he did that.

 

  "My name is Sungjong and I'm your dongsaeng!" the youngest guy ran over cheerfully and gripped my arm with such gentleness that 'gripped' was an inappropriate word to use. "Can I call you noona?" he bravely asked.

 

  His adorableness caused me to feel immobilised, and without knowing it, I had nodded. Seeing Sungjong break into a girly dance out of excitement there in the middle of the room made me chuckle.

 

  "Hyunmi," Sunggyu started, "can you live with us?"

 

   Still immobilised, I nodded.

 

  "All right! Let's go get your stuff!" Grabbing my hand, we stood together in that position for five seconds.

 

  And then we disappeared.