Chapter 12 → A Heart

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

Sungyeol's POV

 

  Without waiting for the five seconds to teleport, I literally sprinted at the speed of light to the library to find out the reason why I have a heartbeat. It was totally unusual, vampires weren't supposed to have hearts, since vampires have no blood!

 

  

 

   Soon after, I finally arrived at the grand library, filled from ceiling to floor with a huge array of books, ranging from fiction to non-fiction. Lamps hung from above, bathing the room in the thick dim light. Tables with a medieval design stood, with chairs of a similar design surrounding them. 

 

  Frantically running to the non-fiction section, I scanned the first shelf of books with my eyes, my finger tracing each book as I read each title. I considered myself lucky when I finally found the book. 

 

"Vampire Facts"

 

  Flipping through the pages with my sweaty hands, I thumbed through the book till I caught sight of the word 'heart' on page 116.

 

Vampire fact #116

 

Vampires do not have hearts, since they have no blood. Instead, the have a cold sticky black liquid which runs through their totally-red vessels.

However, some vampires have reported of having gotten a heartbeat. It is now confirmed that vampires who have fallen in love with a human or another vampire of the opposite gender would slowly have a developing heart, which would be fully grown in three short days. This heart will be beating like human hearts and blood will run through their veins, and these vampires will no longer be cold-blooded creatures, but creatures which feel for others.

 

  It has been confirmed. I am in love.

 

Your POV

 

   That little amount of groceries wouldn't be able to feed me for a long time...

 

  Thinking that the groceries wouldn't be enough, I decided to get outside to buy some groceries. Piling on a jacket onto my outfit, I set off.

 

  Yet the moment when I stepped out of the huge mansion, I got a huge shock to be greeted by a huge swarm of trees. Giving myself a facepalm that I forgot the house was surrounded completely by tall trees and thick foliage, I turned back only to let out a small shriek when I finally saw how freaking huge the house was. I had never known it was that big since Sungyeol always teleported me INTO the house.

 

 

  "Where are you going?"

 

  I jumped at the sudden cold voice and spun around to see Woohyun standing there, with his hands in his pockets. Looking hot as always. The happy, laughing Woohyun when I was teaching him how to cook was replaced by a cold demeanor, but it was definitely an improvement, considering how his eyes had a slight twinkle.

 

  "Hi Woohyun! I'm going to the supermarket to get more groceries."

 

  "For cooking?" he asked, his eyes starting to shine and cheekbones starting to show. 

 

  Nodding in response, I felt really delighted to see his warm side again. Before I could say anything further, he had walked over and crouched down in front of me, his back facing me. I scratched my head and stared at him in confusion. In an irrtated voice, he shouted, "Hop on! I'll take you there."

 

  It was a wonder how he knew I was referring to the supermarket next to our school, but figures since he had been studying there for the past years when I hadn't been around.

 

  I felt a smile creeping onto my face as I flew with the wind.

 

 


 

Hello my dear readers!

 

  I am so sorry for not updating the past two days, since I was away for a school trip to Malacca. Kind of fun, actually. Though I missed you guys soooo much.

 

   Sorry for the ultra short chapter too! I'm feeling a little tired since for the 2D1N trip, I hadn't been able to sleep well at the hotel. Since I got computersick asianfanficssick  homesick.

 

  I promise to update tomorrow after a good night's rest! Love you guys ♥