Chapter 11 → Officially My Home; Opening Up

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

Sungyeol's POV

 

  Within a matter of seconds, we were transported in front of a rather small though neat-looking house. 

 

   Chuckling to myself at the mixture of feelings - amazed, surprised, confused - on Hyunmi's face, I good-naturedly waved her concerns and questions away.

 

  "It's nothing, really. It's just that I have the power of teleportation, and I can teleport from place to place within seconds. It's pretty convenient and a lifesaver, since it saves a lot of time," I explained with a smile forming on my face, "I also have the element of electricity. I can create lightning bolts and also provide the electricity in the house used to power the bulbs when we need light. Well, after all we aren't sensitive to light, only sunlight."

 

  "So everyone has powers and elements too?" Hyunmi couldn't seem to resist asking as she turned to face me with her eyes humongous, looking adorable like a tiny furry puppy.

 

   Awwww...

 

  "Yeah, when you get back, you can ask them more about their powers!"

 

  I mentally gave myself a facepalm. God, should be the one explaining them to her, if I even thought that she would eventually fall for me!

 

Your POV

 

  "Okay! I'll be bombarding them with questions the moment I get back!" I chirped happily. I couldn't tell if my eyes were tricking me, but I thought I saw Sungyeol's face fall.

 

  It's probably nothing...

 

  Trying to ignore my earlier thoughts, I rambled up the stairs with Sungyeol trailing behind me like a teddy bear stuck to my heel. Twisting the doorknob and pushing the door open, I lugged my luggage out from under the bed and laid it on the floor. I opened my closet to find an array of clothes hanging in it, clothes which the staff of the orphanage bought for me; clothes which other people had so generously donated which were still in good condition; clothes bought by Hyunseung, my only childhood friend...

 

   Clearing my thoughts of Hyunseung, I swept the clothes off the hangers and stuffed them into the luggage carelessly and messily. As I strolled back to the closet to get my second batch of clothes and then line them in my luggage, I froze. The closet was empty. And I had only gotten out a quarter of my clothes to put in my luggage...

 

  Panicking, I sprinted back to the luggage, only to find all the clothes lying neatly in it, with a grinning Sungyeol standing by its side, hands placed behind his back. 

 

  "Oh my...Sungyeol! You're a life saver!"

 

  "It's really nothing, Hyunmi. While you were not paying attention, I had also packed up the groceries in the kitchen into plastic bags, and I've left them sitting on the kitchen counter. Though there's not many-"

 

  I cut off his sentence and gave him a big hug out of nowhere. I just felt like I had to.

 

Sunggyu's POV

 

   "Hyung, they're taking a mighty hell lot of time back at the house! Do you think something happened to them? Could they have run into problems? Or maybe...have the ghosts captured them? I want noona back!"

 

  "Quiet Sungjong, and stop spluttering nonsense," I sternly warned the maknae, yet questions were racing through my mind and I was fearful. Sungjong did have a point, they were indeed spending a lot of time back there...

 

  "We're back!"

 

  I spun my head around to see Hyunmi happily skipping into the house with many plastic bags of groceries, even though  the groceries didn't seem to be a lot or particularly heavy. Seeing this, I frowned in displeasure and was about to walk to the door to chide Sungyeol for letting the girl carry the plastic bags when I saw him pulling a luggage along breathlessly. Being the cheerful and energetic one, he unfortunately had hardly any stamina.

 

   Laughing and shaking my head, I went over to take the luggage from him up to Hyunmi's room.

 

Woohyun's POV

 

  Unable to control my thirst for blood and fearing that I would harm Hyunmi, I sidled to the kitchen to get an emergency glass of blood. Sunggyu saved tons of those in the cupboard, and all the shelves were lined with them, created a not-so-emergency feeling.

 

  Yeah, I don't like hurting other people, even if it's for my thirst and I couldn't change being a vampire. Hyunmi is no exception, even though she's on first sight, annoying. Yet like what Sungjong said, I should know her more before making judgements about her character.

 

   Strolling to the kitchen, I found it occupied by someone none other than the irritating one herself.

 

  What she was doing, though, intrigued me.

 

  Using a frying pan from the cupboard which we occasionally used to spice up our blood, she poured a pale yellow liquid inside and then picking up something beige in colour which looked hard, she cracked it on the side of the pan and tossed the sticky yellow and white stuff inside into the pan. Using a silver metal tool, she left it there for a while before flipping it around and leaving it there. After a few minutes, she lifted the product onto a plate, and my eyes widened.

 

  What had come about from that unappealing sticky yellow stuff, was a beautiful stuff that looked like the sun. It was a deep bright yellow in the middle, with white stuff around it, and it looked interesting. Then cracking another of the beige oval shaped thing onto the side of a bowl, she poured the sticky stuff inside and stirred it with a pair of wooden sticks. Then, taking something white with a brown crust around it, which I identified as bread, she dipped it into the yellow liquid and then flipped it in the pan again, turning it golden brown.

 

  "Wow..." the words of praise escaped my lips the moment I saw the golden piece of bread with the sunny stuff.

 

  Whipping around in shock to hear the word and noticing it was just me, she relaxed immediately. 

 

  "Yes, Woohyun?"

 

  Seeing how she could turn the beige oval into a beautiful sun and the plain white piece of bread into something much more attractive, I wanted to learn how she did that, and asked, "How did you do that?"

 

  "Woohyun, it's called cooking and it's easy. Want to learn?"

 

  I have never been so enthusiastic about anything in my life before, other than blood. Even the smell of ordinary human food made me cringe. Yet, the aroma wafting through the air made my enthusiasm burn.

 

  Leading me step by step in the process with patience, I finally whipped up a decent looking piece of French toast and a sunny side up egg. By the time I was finished, I sighed in relief. Thinking of how she would have to cook every day for herself, my heart softened for her. Doing such a difficult thing throughout the day would probably be hell. Yet I enjoyed it.

 

  Oh, and when I finished, my usual scowl was transformed into a bright smile.