Chapter 13 → Found You At Last

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

No One's POV

 

  "Wow...the supermarket is...humongous!" Woohyun exclaimed in amazement as he reached the supermarket. He gazed at the groceries and snacks set on the tables and shelves, gasping in surprise at the vast amount of stuff sold in the supermarket as he ran about, scrutinising the whole place, picking up each item and analysing them carefully with his senses - looking at each item thoroughly with his vampire sight; sniffing at each item to find out if they are good or bad smelling; and each item to find out their textures...

 

  Chucking to herself, Hyunmi watched each and every of Woohyun's actions, realisation dawned on her that Woohyun was every bit as inquisitive as she was. It was a rather big change from the cold guy who ignored everyone and snapped at her in school, and this was a curious, cheerful guy who wasn't scared to be seen doing ridiculous actions. 

 

  He is finally opening up to me. Now I can see the real him, and he isn't that bad after all. I haven't chosen the wrong guy to crush on.

 

  "Hyunmi, what's this? It looks like a ball on a stick..."

 

  She grinned on hearing him finally say a full sentence to her, compared to the short snappy replies she always got in school. Woohyun's tiny but perfectly shaped eyes were twinkling as he held out a lollipop by its snowy white stick with a dark blue wrapper wrapped tightly around the sweet. 

 

  "It's a lollipop, Woohyun. It's sweet." Seeing how enthusiastic Woohyun was about the lollipop, I gently took it from him and slipped it into the grocery basket. Clutching the chance to get one for myself too, I went to the sweet section and fished out a lollipop with a bright pink wrapper. Strawberry flavoured, my favourite. When I was in the orphanage, Hyunseung would always silently slip out at night to buy this for me. I miss him so much.

 

   Hyunmi turned into the chocolate section to pick out two Kinder Joy chocolate snacks for Woohyun and herself, wanting to relive the moment when Hyunseung also bought the same snack. Flashbacks of when both of them lay on the grass beside the orphanage next to the lake, gazing up at the bright shining stars on the dark sky while using the tiny spoon to snack on the sweet chocolate. 

 

  Yet she was greeted by a surprise no one else can create, other than him.

 

  The redheaded boy crouched by the plastic tray of Kinder Joy snacks, picking out two of them, meant for himself and his childhood friend whom he had attempted to look for, but to no avail. Looking up right at that moment, he stared into Hyunmi's eyes.

 

  Hyunmi gazed at the strange, yet familiar face set before her, all the features so similar to her childhood friend. His brown hair had been dyed a deep red, thin lips still rosy pink, and the chocolate brown eyes. He was wearing a deep V-neck shirt which then emphasized the mole on his neck. The chocolate brown eyes still had the special tinge of purple which she never knew why existed.

 

  There's the tint of purple in his eyes...and the mole on his neck is the same position as Hyunseung's. And both of them look so identical...

 

  "Hyunmi!"

 

  The redheaded boy dashed towards her with outstretched arms, with a Kinder Joy snack in each hand, and embraced her tightly, running his fingers through her smooth hair. Ruffling her hair, he stared at her facial features, thinking to himself that his darling childhood friend had hardly changed.

 

  "Bae Hyunmi, I've missed you so much."

 

Your POV

 

  "Hyunseung...it's really you!"

 

  A thousand feelings, all elatedness, burst in my heart as excitement rose in my body. I clutched onto him tightly, not wanting to lose my friend.

 

  He's my childhood friend, my confidant, my secret sharer, he's amazing, he's...like an oppa to me. And he left me. But I found him.

 

Woohyun's POV

 

  What is this feeling? Is it fear that I would lose her? Is it jealousy that he got to hug her?

 

  Why am I feeling like this?

 

  I stood at the end of the alley, watching how they both rushed forward to envelope each other in a warm hug, how the redhead had her hair and ruffled it, how they had gazed so passioniately into each other's eyes...what is their relationship, exactly?

 

  "Oh, Woohyun! Come over here and meet my friend!"

 

  Oh, they're just friends. I couldn't help it but feel relieved on the inside. Noticing that the redhead's face fell when Hyunmi called him a 'friend', I smirked and snickered at him on the inside. A one-sided love, I see. How interesting. 

 

  "This is Jang Hyunseung, my childhood friend. Hyunseung, this is Woohyun. He's my...classmate."

 

  My forehead creased into a frown when I realised that I was just simply a classmate to her, not even able to compare to Hyunseung. I wasn't even her friend...I'm just her classmate...

 

   My cold side was beginning to show again, as I grasped Hyunseung's outstretched hand stiffly and shook it roughly. Why am I acting like this? I'm not beginning to fall in love with a human...am I?

 

  "Oh yeah, Hyunmi?"

 

  "Yes, Hyunseungie?"

 

  "I'm actually now staying in a rented apartment because I sold the house the government gave me and actually went abroad to be a part of a Korean pop band and promote it. Now that I'm back...I have nowhere else to stay. Can I, say, live with you? I;m sorry to impose on you, but I seriously need a place to live now..."

 

Your POV

 

  I panicked.

 

  I couldn't tell him I was staying with 7 guys, I just couldn't. And I definitely can't let him stay in it, considering they;re vampires and all.

 

  I thought for a while, yet my blank mind couldn't conjure up any ideas at all. Suddenly, a flash of the house the government gave me flashed in my mind. Great thinking, Hyunmi! He wouldn't have to know...

 

   "Yeah. I'll...I'll take you there after I pay for my groceries." He raised an eyebrow at my stuttering. Uh oh...it's a habit. I only stammer when I'm lying. He could have found out...

 

  After paying for all the groceries in the basket and handing Woohyun the lollipop which he had picked - Coca-Cola flavoured - I informed him to go back first and that I would call him when I wanted to leave, and led Hyunseung to my house. I shuffled along the way, staring down at my feet since I didn't want him to see that my cheeks were burning.

 

   Hyunseung stepped into the tiny but cosy house, checking out all the rooms and realising there was a spare guest room, he 'explored' it thoroughly, opening the doors of the closet and rummaging through the empty drawers, lifting up the white blanket on the bed.

 

  "I'm assuming the purple one's your room?"

 

  Nodding with my cheeks still a scarlet red, I ushered him into my room, standing in the doorway and hoping he would leave earlier so that he wouldn't realise I had been lying to him. Frowning at my neatly made bed, which was a clue for him since my bed in the orphanage was always left unkempt, he went over to the closet and opened both doors, to be greeted by cold empty space.

 

  Sighing as he closed both of the doors of the closet, he turned to face me and stared into my eyes.

 

  "Hyunmi, you live with Woohyun don't you?"