Chapter 18 → Powers #2

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

Sungyeol's POV

 

  "Yah, Lee Sungjong! Move away, let me demonstrate my powers!"

 

  After Sungjong had obediently obliged, I moved in and stared at the sky, determined to make Hyunmi look up and take notice of my powers. Concentrating on the sky, it's colour transformed from light blue to a dark grey, with darker clouds flying in and dotting the sky. Very soon, large drops of rainwater began pouring down. With a wave of my hand, a flash of white shone in the sky.

 

  A wand slowly formed and appeared in my hand.

 

  Using both my teleportation power and element of lightning, I teleported from corner to corner of the living room, clenching my wand with long fingers and waving it around, creating bolts of purple lightning to flash and emerge from the base of my wand. The magical enchanting-looking lightning illuminated the whole living room in purple light as I teleported around all over the place.

 

   With another wave, I changed the colour of my wand to azure blue and waved it all over the place. Snapping off the living room light to have it be engulfed in darkness, I raised my wand towards the light bulbs and flashed the lightning at them, causing a fizzy sound like a Coca-Cola can being opened and the room was bathed in the royal looking blue light.

 

  "Wow..." Hyunmi clapped her hands together and seemed awed. She even stepped forward to have a closer look at my magnificent wand. Not being able to control myself and my pride from overcoming me, I felt a wide smile stretch across my face.

 

  "Sungyeollie! Can you change all the lights to purple please? Dongsaeng-ah~" the purple freak started to whine and started clawing at me, trying to get my wand, which I held at a high height to prevent him from reaching it. Well, being tall did have its good points.

 

  All of a sudden, so quickly that everything was a blur, the wand had magically been transported to Hoya's hands.

 

  Yah, Lee Howon! 

 

Hoya's POV

 

  Taking advantage of the perfect moment, I raised my arms high up and before long, time stood still. The rustling sound of the leaves of the trees outside being blown by the wind had stopped and in its place was blank silence. Sungyeol, whose hand had been raised high up to prevent me from taking his wand, had also seemed to be frozen into ice, standing there unmoving. Standing on tiptoes and reaching as high as I could muster, I snatched it away with a grin.

 

  I couldn't help but notice the slight chuckle which escaped Hyunseung's lips. Which was pretty rare, since ever since he had arrived he had hardly even smiled. Except around Hyunmi.

 

  Does he like her?

 

  Wanting to find out the answer, I decided to freeze Hyunmi into place and ask him the question. Well...doesn't hurt being a teeny little bit curious does it?

 

  Holding my palm out towards Hyunmi, she became frozen into place on the sofa.

 

  Noticing Hyunseung's frantic expression to see Hyunmi frozen into place, neither breathing nor blinking her eyes, I hurriedly informed him that she was fine.

 

  "What did you do that for?" Hyunseung frowned.

 

  "I just...got a little curious at how you almost never smile, but yet you can even laugh and chuckle around Hyunmi. Do you, by any chance...like her?" I asked the question without beating around the bush, since I was always the type to be straightfoward and straight to the point. Hyunseung, as I noticed, immediately ducked his face down, blood rushing to his cheeks.

 

  "Well...just saying. If you do, just go for it. Don't even hesitate. Hurry and ask her out on dates, and then pop the question. Don't wait any longer...if not...you will suffer the consequences like I did when...she left me." My heart clenched as my previous crush came into my mind. She had liked me too, I could tell, but I was too cowardly to confess. And then my rival did so...and she accepted him.

 

   My rival. He was one of them. One of the ghosts.

 

L's POV

 

  It seemed like time had stopped for a brief moment, since in a split second the wand was switched over into Hoya's long fingers.

 

  Well, maybe it had.

 

  Though I realised, Hoya wasn't looking as cheerful and energetic as he was earlier. He was, however, looking very pale. Well, vampires don't have blood so they can't exactly be pink-faced either, yet his face became evidently ashen, to the point that us vampires' skin tone would look really dark next to his. His fingers were tightly clenched around the wand, and even though I couldn't see, I could tell that his teeth were gritted.

 

  There was only one reason why he would be looking like that. That sneaky cunning ghost who stole his crush away on purpose to make him feel depressed and let his guard down, and then after that broke the heart of the poor girl. If I were him, I would be mad as well.

 

  Sungyeol seemed to also have noticed his change in behaviour, since he quickly but gently took his wand away, muttered something which caused it to vanish into thin air and then announced, "Well, let's stop this now. Hoya...isn't feeling too well at the moment."

 

   The other Infinite members who had used up all of their energy in the demonstration collapsed back onto the sofa, so exhausted that they could barely keep their eyes opened and were taking in deep breaths of air to calm themselves down so that they wouldn't feel too tired. Hyunseung, sensing this, probably thought that it was a good time to go to his room to unpack and started carrying his luggage up the stairs.

 

   "Hyunseung, fourth room from the right..." Sunggyu, spotting him about to go to his room, mumbled incohorently, apparently too worn out.

 

   Since I was the only member who had not demonstrated my powers to Hyunmi, I decided to go get them a few glasses of blood in the kitchen. However, someone else beat me to it. I watched as the short and slim figure sidle up to the kitchen, opening up the cupboard with her dainty fingers and then place seven glasses of the blood on the table. Grabbing a tray from the second cupboard, she carefully put each on it.

 

  Seeing the sight unfold, I had to smile.

 

  Hyunmi, you're a sweet, innocent girl. Yes, I may have only known you for two days, but I can tell, from the time you were in school until now. You could even cause Woohyun to shed away his cold side when he is with you, something we could only do after many months. He isn't a bad guy, I swear. He was like that only after his mother died, since she got captured by ghosts...

 

   Before he became cold and reserved, he was just like you. You two are definitely like minded souls, which was why he could open up to you that fast and be comfortable with you. Yeah, he acted like a jerk, but only because you were staring at him and all...but it wasn't your fault since vampires are generally more good-looking than humans.

 

  That's what love can do.

 

  Yes, Hyunmi. Love. He's slowly falling for you, Hyunmi.

 

 


 

 

I know it's pretty short. I'm so sorry, but I guess I'm on writer's block. I can't really think of how to continue.

 

Oh, and if you didn't notice, I have added the 'table of contents' on the foreword. It's under description and I hope it makes it easier for you to find the chapter you're looking for.

 

Thanks for supporting~Kamsahamnida! Mianhae, I'm losing sleep and feeling tired since I'm nervous about my PSLE results. Please continue supporting, SARANGHAEYO SUBSCRIBERS♥