Chapter One: Run and the world runs me down

Nightmare: An unexpected feeling

The sound came again. Taemin froze, his back stiff against the wall. He strained his ears hard, listening for the sound once more. The water dripping of the walls echoed, and a ringing started in his ears....

*Creak*

Starled, Taemin turned. Confused and horrified, he stared at the door that had just appeared in front of him. A dark, thick liquid seemed to be oozing down its sides. Looking at the door made him feel nauseous, and he had a burning feeling in the pit of his stomach. Feeling trapped, he moved farther down the hallway and suddenly there was a grumbling sound.Glacing behind him, he saw that the door was still across from him, dripping the putrid liquid. The hallway suddenly shrunk, the walls moving in on Taemin. He started to feel panic, he needed to run, to be free, he couldnt take this for much longer!

Taemin took a deep breath, knowing he had to face it sooner or later. Trembling, he took a tiny step toward the door. And another, and another until he was right in front of it. Stretching out his hand (like he did every time he had this dream) he felt for the knob. Shuddering, he pushed his way through a layer of the blood and gingerly grasped the cool handle.

**Every time he had this dream, he was killed. Every damn time, he was struggling to get away. He couldnt stand being confined, he needed to be out in the open. He wanted desperately to be able to take a breath without feeling stress. Every time, he opened the door something different happened. He had been dropped off a cliff, screaming. He had been suffocated by steam. He had been burned beyond recognition. He had been drowned, choaking for air and unable to move. What would it be this time?**

He turned the knob. Squealing loudly, the doors hinges opened and Taemin entered. Looking around, he saw the shadows forming, gathering together and growing. Terrified, he felt his knees start to knock and shake together and suddenly he felt weightless. Turns out, he was actually shaking his wings (otherwise known as flapping) and now he was airborn. "This is different" he thought to himself. Normally, none of his terrifying dreams provided an escape route...what was going on?

He beat his wings hard, spiraling toward the limbs of the nearest tree. Landing gently, he inspected his glossy wings. "Ah. The wings from the Ring Ding Dong video" he said, finally recognizing the beautiful black appendges. Taemin sighed. He was so tired. Running away was exhausting, how many nights did he have to go through this?

A cold, lightless tenticle wrapped itself around his shoe, inturrupting his thoughts. Yelling in shock, Taemin yanked away and beat his wings frantically to get airborn once again. "What the hell WAS that?!" he screamed. His toes began to burn, and his shoe where the black shadow had caught him, was gone. Half his stylish sneaker was simple vanished, never to be seen again. His sock had also disappeared, leaving his foot bare to the cold winds. Flapping hard, Taemin flew toward the dim horizon. The light was his only chance! If he got near enough to the sunrise he could survive THIS dream. He could do this! Right?

As dim as the light was, he could still tell when more of it was blocked. Taemin rolled aburptly to the right, and plunged down. The shadow that had nearly dropped on his back, plummeted to the ground. Breathing hard, Taemin hovered. "I need more height"  he thought glumly to himself. "Im never going to make it out of here".

He pulled his arms close to his body and began to beat the air harder. He rose, slowly, but still fast enough that the lightless shadows could not form together and attack just yet. Then he understood the reason for his wings. He had a taste of freedom, but in the end he would still die. Like every other ing time. It was so unfair, now that he had the wings, he had a desperate feeling he had to survive tonight.

Doing a sudden barrel roll, he dodged to the left and spirled to the right. His breath came fast, and short. Panic began to well up inside of him, why was this happening?  A million thoughts raced through his head, he felt so alone. He could feel the shadows eyes, or whatever they were honing in on him. "Do shadows even have eyes? How the hell do they know where i am? Where am i anyway?" A shadow caught his other foot. Immediately he felt more weighted down. Flapping frantically, he was still losing air. His foot began to ache, his bones began to feel like there were burning.

More shadows found him. They landed in small packs. Desperately he swiped at them with his hands, but it did no good. They consumed his body, he was disappearing!! Panic and desperation swelled up in his stomach. His wings failed him, he plummeted to the ground and lay stunned on the ground. Taemin couldnt breath, his chest became too tight. More and more lightless beings landed, covering his body up to his chest. He screamed, his pain becoming too much to take. "Make it stop make it stop make it STOP".  He lay sobbing, being overcome by nothing, literally!

More pressure. More weight. Slowly the darkness rose to cover his face. Taemin lay broken on the ground, unable to stop the darkness from covering his face. Pain radiated through his whole body, and there was nothing he could do about it. Tears leaked out of the corners of his eyes, pooling by his slim nose, and then running slowly down the side of his face. The shadows rose even more, burning his eyes, covering his eyes, blinding his eyes...............

And everything went dark.

 

With a gasp, Taemin sat up in his bed. Tears ran down his face from the horrifying nightmare, and he couldnt stop his hitched breathing. He in shuddereing gasps of air, and tried to calm down. Mopping at his eyes, he stumbled out of bed and to the near bathroom. Aish, he thought, Not again. Fumbling for the light switch, he was surprised to see his hyung step out of the shower. He quickly grabbed a tissue, and dabbed at his eyes. "Onew...?"