Chapter 9

Dear Diary

"You got me..d-ur-unk on purpose." Ami giggled and poked Jonghyun's cheek.

 

"Maybe I did." Jonghyun grinned as he helped Minho carry the girl into their dorm.

 

"Shut up Jonghyun." Minho rolled his eyes and pulled the girl into his arms. "She's staying in my room for tonight. And if anyone. I mean ANYONE. Even you Taemin, tries to break into my quarters you WILL regret it." Minho began to drag the girl's tipsy body down the hall.

 

"You're a disgrace, Choi Minho." Jonghyun called out. Minho ignored the comment and continued down the corridor until he reached his door. "You can rest in here." he said softly as he fumbled the door open. "Here lay down." he helped the girl onto his bed. "I know before I said let fate be..." he turned to open his closet. "...but I just can't for some reason." he searched through the shelves for anything more comfortable than formal work wear for Ami to wear for the night. "I don't know when the others will reveal everything to you, but I'm not allowed to say a word until our leader gives permission...and I doubt he would ever take my side. You can't escape now...but I can try and help you survive." he walked back to the bed to find the girl fast asleep.

 

"Minho." a firm knock was heard. "Onew is calling a meeting." Minho sighed and glanced down at the girl one last time before heading towards his door. He flicked the lights off and left quietly, closing and locking the door behind him.

 

"Order! Order!" Key was shouting while standing on the couch.

 

"Thank you Kibum." Onew climbed up and stood beside the blonde. "You." he pointed at Minho. "What the do you think you're doing?" he scowled. 

 

"The right thing." Minho leaned back against the wall.

 

"Minho you're one of us. Thousands of years we've been doing the same thing. Why suddenly have you had a change in heart?" Onew squinted his eyes, sending a wave of heat into the room.

 

"What if I want to change. Don't I have the option to trade my blood for mortality?"

 

"No." Onew was suddenly standing up against Minho, pinning him to the wall. "You don't have any options. You will listen to me, and me only. And you will do what I tell you to."

 

"What does it matter Minho? She signed her soul to us already." Jonghyun smirked.

 

"No, you shut up!" Onew turned to Jonghyun. "You're wrong as well. She didn't sign her soul away to us. She signed her soul away to me! ME. Don't think because humans believe we're a 'group', we're an entity. I'm the leader. I have all of your lives in the palm of my hand and I can crush them with my fingertips like a bullet to paper. Minho..." Onew returned his attention to the rapper. "Even though nothing on this planet can kill you, don't think I can't...or won't. Because if you get in my way I WILL."

 

"You only care about yourself." Minho spat a wad of spit into Onew's face. He was suddenly face down on the ground feeling a burning rope squeezing his lungs, forcing his breath out of him. 

 

"You're mine now Minho, don't forget that. Your glowing friends up in the clouds can never get into my world." Onew placed his foot on Minho's back and stepped down on the boy with all his weight. 

 

"I didn't have a choice. You kidnapped me." Minho coughed. 

 

"You were fun while it lasted." Onew dropped down into a squat and seductively lifted Minho's face. "I'll allow that girl one night of safety before she's mine to deal with." Onew snapped his fingers and Minho's body was pulled up against the wall until he was standing. "I know you won't say anything." the leader grinned and turned towards the kitchen. "I'm hungry. Kibum make me something."

 

"What are you Onew...you once seemed to have a purpose." Minho said quietly. 

 

"Oh Minho." Onew turned around and gave a devilish smile, baring his fangs. "I'm Lucifer, my purpose is way beyond understanding to someone as weak as you." and with that Minho's four members abandoned him.