Chapter 8

Dear Diary

They didn't let Ami go home to change. Instead, the boys dragged her right out of the conference room and down to their car.

 

"Hey Ami!" Taemin ran up as the girl was about to step into the vehicle. "Get in, get in." he laughed and darted into the car after her.

 

"Did you need something Lee Taemin-sshi?" Ami smiled.

 

"Call me Taemin, please! And I was just going to suggest, why don't you write your name on the inside of that neat book you got! You know, it looks kind of valuable, so if it ever gets lost it will be returned to you!"

 

"Oh that's a good idea." Ami pulled the journal from her bag and flipped the cover open. "Whoever had this before me had the same idea." she laughed. "I don't have a pen though."

 

"I do." Jonghyun's voice startled Ami as she turned her shoulders so she could see him sitting behind her. He held up a long intricate inkwell pen.

 

"Thanks." Ami smiled and reached out to take the pen when the car hit a bump and the tip of the pen was dug into her palm, cutting through her skin. "Aish!" she grabbed the pen with her other hand and lifted her wounded palm to her face. "I'm bleeding." A bulbous blotch of blood rose from her skin and dripped onto the journal. "No!" she tried to wipe the scarlet mess from the page but it was already stained. 

 

"It's okay." Taemin smiled childishly and took a regular ball point pen from his pocket. "This might be better."

 

"Yeah." Ami took the pen and scribbled her name and cell phone number into the book. Ami suddenly dropped the book as she felt a cold pinch in her stomach. She looked back to see Minho sitting quietly, glaring at her.

 

"We're here!" Onew's voice chimed through the car.

 

"Food!" Taemin quickly pushed the door open and rushed out onto the sidewalk.

 

"Yah! Taemin! Don't eat too much or you'll get fat!" Key scolded as he climbed out from the back.

 

"Does anyone have a Band-Aid?" Ami asked quietly holding up her hand.

 

"A wha- oh a Band-Aid." Onew blinked almost as if in a daze.

 

"Just put pressure on it. It'll stop bleeding." Minho came up behind her and spoke softly. 

 

"Okay." Ami followed the boys into the restaurant and back to a booth in the far corner of the building. 

 

"We come here a lot." Taemin nudged Ami as he sat down beside her.

 

"Would you recommend anything?" she flipped through the menu. 

 

"Everything's good."

 

"Ah, my favorite customers! SHINee!" A young waiter approached the table and bowed. "Can I take your orders?" 

 

"Yes. Would you like to start Ami?" Jonghyun smiled. 

 

"Sure...can I have...the house salad?" she smiled and closed the menu.

 

"You...you don't want like...fried chicken and french fries?" Onew stared at the girl.

 

"Excuse me? No...a salad will do." she bit her lip and handed the menu to the waiter. 

 

"Steak. Rare." Onew said in a rather commanding tone. These guys are weird... Ami took her glass that was filled with chilled water and sipped it slowly. "When we get home I'm cooking her ramen and fried chicken." the leader sat back and crossed his arms. 

 

"Why?" Ami laughed. 

 

"Because even though you're a girl, a salad isn't enough to eat." 

 

"Onew..." Jonghyun coughed an sat back as the waiter returned with tall wine glasses and two bottles of expensive looking red wine. 

 

"This is the best stuff you can get." Key looked like a kid in a candy store as the blood red liquor was poured into his glass. 

 

"Won't you have some?" Taemin smiled and held out a filled glass.

 

"Sure." the girl grinned and took the glass. 

 

"Let's make a toast." Jonghyun smirked. "To new beginnings at a new job. To a new life...and to surprises. To Ami." he raised his glass and waited for everyone else to do the same.

 

"To Ami!" they all cheered as they clinked their glasses with the girl's.

 

"Thank you." she laughed and took a long sip of her drink, she really needed it.