Chapter 14

Dear Diary

The upbeat Beach Boys tune blasted from the girl's phone as she pulled shirts and jeans from her suitcases. She swung her hips to the beat and sang along softly as she folded her clothing. She faked a mic and started jamming out as she hung her dresses in the closet.

 

"If you're a singer why are you working for us?" Ami turned around to see Onew leaning in the doorway.

 

"I'm no idol." she went back to hanging up her clothes.

 

"You seem to enjoy it though, that's what it's all about." Jinki smiled and entered the room.

 

"I'm not meant to be heard." Ami smiled sweetly and stared into her new closet. 

 

"Come." Onew tugged at her sleeve and pulled her away from the closet. She turned and followed him out into the hall and down the corridor. "This is my...room." he shrugged and led her into a large bedroom.

 

"Simple." Ami noted. 

 

"I'm not an interior designer." he closed the door and walked up behind the girl.

 

"Why are we here?" she turned and felt her face heat up to see the boy so close.

 

"That." he pointed across the room at an acoustic guitar mounted on the wall. "You play, don't you?"

 

"How did you know? May I?" she looked at the instrument with strong desire.

 

"Go ahead." Jinki grinned and went to sit at the edge of his bed. Ami sprinted to grab the guitar, hugging it against her as she sat on the edge of the bed beside Onew. "Sing for me." he smiled and leaned back.

 

"I don't know..." Ami slid her fingers over the frets.

 

"That wasn't a request." he smirked and nodded towards the guitar. "Sing."

 

"As you wish master." she mocked. Onew glared at her and shook his head slightly. The girl sprawled her fingertips and ran her other hand over the strings producing a rich chord. She parted her lips and began singing softly with her eyes closed. She sang the melancholy lyrics so sweetly forcing a few tears to fall from her eyes. As she finished she opened her eyes and stared forward for a moment before turning her gaze to the boy. "I'm sorry." she whispered.

 

"You didn't do anything to be sorry for." Jinki whispered as he wiped the girl's glistening cheek.

 

"Something seems wrong..." the girl looked down. "I feel like something has been taken away from me...something deep inside of me...it's gone."

 

"What do you mean?" Onew lifted the girl's chin gently. 

 

"I don't know what I mean." she said, looking softly up at him.

 

"Then don't worry about it." he whispered as he leaned into the girl, touching his lips to hers. He slid his hand behind the girl's neck and pulled her closer. He could feel her trying to pull away but his powers overtook his mind and seeped into her skin, poisoning her.

 

"S-stop.." she finally escaped his lips and looked up into his eyes. "..what..." 

 

"Ami." 

 

"T-That's not normal." she widened her eyes and stumbled off the bed, stepping back to the door. 

 

"Ami..." he stood and started towards her.

 

"Get away! What are you?!" she screamed, reaching back for the door knob.

 

"You can't leave." he said, still approaching her. 

 

"N-no get away!" she frantically twisted the knob but it wouldn't budge. 

 

"This isn't how I wanted it...." Onew lowered his head.

 

"What are you?!" 

 

"It won't make a difference because I'm going to erase your memory of this..." he smirked. "I'm the devil, baby." he pressed his hand to the girl's forehead and she suddenly fell to the ground unconscious. "..." Onew hung his head back before pulling the girl into his arms and walking out into the hall. "That boy isn't home yet..." he carried the girl to her room and placed her on the bed. "That was too close Jinki...you need a little more time before she's yours..." she said to himself. "She needs a little more time...and a little more chicken." he chuckled.