Chapter 10

Dear Diary

Ami woke slowly to a pitch black room. She sat up slowly taking a look around. Oh my god...I'm in SHINee's dorm. She panicked when she saw Minho's body on the floor beside the bed she was sitting on. The boy's chest rose and fell slowly as long breaths drew from his lips. Ami bit her lip and slid off the bed, carefully stepping around the boy's slender body. Once she was safely at the other end of the room, she let out her breath. As she stepped silently into the hall, she tried to listen for any movements. I'm thirsty... She continued to tip toe her way down the hall towards the kitchen she vaguely remembered seeing when she arrived. Maybe I can find some aspirin for this headache too... as she entered the kitchen she covered to keep in a scream.

 

"Oh Onew-sshi!" she moved her hand to her chest and smiled. "You scared me!" 

 

"I did? I'm sorry." he tilted his head to the side and smiled sweetly. 

 

"Do you happen to have any aspirin or something?" Ami asked quietly as she strode into the kitchen. "I have a headache." 

 

"Oh, of course!" Onew stood and shuffled over to a cabinet. "Aish!" he stepped back as multiple bottles of vitamins and various medications tumbled down hitting the counter and rolling to the floor. One of the bottles snapped open and sent an array of tiny pink tablets across the floor. "Why Jinki..." he pulled the aspirin bottle out and looked down at the medication covered floor.

 

"I'll help." Ami smiled and got down onto her knees and began picking up the pills and plopping them into her left hand. "What time is it?" she yawned and looked up to see Onew on his knees as well picking up the pills. 

 

"Uhm..." he looked up at the microwave and squinted his eyes. "2 a.m." he went back to picking up the tablets. 

 

"Here." Ami held out her hand. "Give me those, I'll put them back in the bottle." Onew nodded and dropped his palmful of pills into Ami's hand. She stood and arched her back while stretching out her right arm. "I can take some aspirin?" she asked as she dumped the meds into their bottle. 

 

"Huh? Oh yeah. Sure, take what you need." Onew stood and stared at the girl as she tossed the tainted medication bottle into the trash. "'I'll get you some water." he went over to the fridge and took out a water bottle. 

 

"Thanks a bunch." Ami smiled as she tipped the aspirin bottle over her palm and let two pills plop against her hand. She twisted the cap back onto the bottle and replaced it in the cabinet. "Aren't you tired?" she sat at the kitchen table and removed the cap from the water bottle and threw the pills onto her tongue. 

 

"Yeah. I can't sleep though." the leader scratched the back of his head as he sat down across from the girl.

 

"Hmm?" Ami drank down some water, swallowing the pills. "Why not, something wrong?" she wiped her lips and put the bottle down.

 

"Nah, nothing major. Just stressed." he smirked. 

 

"Understandable." Ami nodded her head. "Hey do you think I could sleep on the couch for the rest of the night? It just feels weird to be in Minho's bed..." Ami looked down, playing with the paper around the water bottle. 

 

"Oh. Yeah! I'll get you a blanket if you'd like." Onew pointed to the hall closet. 

 

"Thanks." Ami watched as SHINee's leader stood and dragged himself over to the closet. 

 

"Do you like thicker or just like a thin blanket?" he asked. 

 

"Uh...whatever is closest to you." Ami grinned and stood, sleepily walking over to the couch. 

 

"Here." Onew pulled out a pale blue blanket from the closet and brought it over to the couch. "Lay down." he smiled. 

 

"Why?" the girl blinked. 

 

"You look like you're about to pass out." Onew chuckled and nodded his head towards the couch. "Lay down." he repeated. Ami nodded and dropped onto the cushions and swung her legs up. 

 

"It's comfortable." she yawned.

 

"Exactly why we bought it." he smiled kindly and fanned the blanket over the girl's body. He adjusted the edges so that the blanket covered her completely. "Good?" he tucked the blanket around her shoulders and smiled down at her. 

 

"Very good." she closed her eyes and smiled. "Much better than Minho's bed. Don't tell him though." she giggled.

 

"It will be our secret." Onew sat down on the couch at Ami's hip. "He usually doesn't act this way...do you want me to talk to him?"

 

"No. I'll just stay away." Ami let her eyelids flutter open.

 

"Good." Onew said to himself and stood. "I'll be going to bed." 

 

"Good night." Ami smiled. Onew began to walk away when a small hand grabbed his wrist.

 

"Something wrong?" he blinked and looked down at his captured arm.

 

"Make me chicken tomorrow?" she yawned and squeezed her eyes tight. 

 

"Of course." the boy laughed and wriggled his hand so he was holding hers. "As much as you'd like." He softly laid her hand on her chest. "Good night Ami."