Those eyes

Song Soojin's Drabble Collection

Title: Those eyes

Author: Song Soojin

Characters: Luhan/You

Note: Please inform me if you take this anywhere else. Thanks for reading and have a nice time ^. ^

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

 

I let out a groan as I felt my head spinning. Gosh, what happened? Brought my hand up to my head, my heavy eyes started to open slowly as I felt some kind of cloth against my palm. There was a bandage on my head. Now what the heck just happened? Despite my pounding head, I tried searching my mind for any piece of memories from earlier. Then it came back. We were at the abandoned factory near Han River when I told him who, ah no, “what” I really am. Then he freaked out. I tried to calm him down but the next thing I known, everything went black. He must have grabbed something and knocked it against my head. Bastard. And he even dared to say that he loves me. What a tragedy. I should’ve known that was all my life would ever be. I chuckled bitterly, pity my own self for destined to live a life like this. But the moment didn’t last long as I suddenly got interrupt by somebody’s footsteps. Snapped my head toward the sound, I regretted it immediately as the pain shot through my head. Hissing painfully, I heard the footstep getting even louder as the person ran toward me.

_Are you okay? - I heard a male voice as he squatted down in front of me.

_Get away. - I mumbled, clutching my head tight.

_Does it hurt? - He still asking, trying to look at my face.

_I said get away!

I hissed at him as I bared my fangs, eyes turning to purple. He let out a loud gasp instantly as he fell down on his bottom and scooted away from me. Those wide eyes were staring straight back at me as I could sense blood rushing through his veins, his heart bumping fast. Looking at the frighten guy, I softened my gaze, the fangs retreated back to normal as I brought my knees up and looked away. Everything was dark and the only source of light was the bright moonlight that shone through the windows of the old factory. It was quiet except for the panting sound coming from a short distance in front of me.

_Yah - I saw him startled, his eyes didn’t seem to leave me once - Why are you still here?

Silence. He didn’t answer but just kept panting. I looked at him as he just stared back. He looked quite young and naïve to me. Curiosity crept on me as I wondered about what he was doing in here in this hour.

_Are you an idiot? Why are you still here instead of running away or something?

I frowned as he didn’t give me an answer, again. Getting frustrated, I huffed and turn away from him. Why was this guy even here anyway? No fun at all.

_W-well - He gulped after a while, catching my attention again - Honestly, I…I don’t think I can run, m-my legs is shaking pretty bad right now.

That got me burst out laughing. I didn’t expect that at all. It was kinda funny. I mean he didn’t run away or fainted, instead he happened to stayed conscious and frighten with a shaking body. Poor guy just kept blinking at me nervously while I laughed like an idiot.

_Aigoo. Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to you. - I said softly with a smile and looked down to the ground, hoping that would make him feel more comfortable.

Silence filled the air again as I just playing with my hands. Hearing a rustle, I looked up and found him shifting his position. I bet he started to feel uncomfortable, maybe those arms was getting numb from rooting to the ground like that. It made me feel kinda guilty, maybe I shouldn’t have scare him. Slowly folded his legs together, he set his hands on his lap while looking down. I guessed that he afraid to look at me. He must have sensed my gaze on him because he looked up after a while. But when our eyes met, he turned away hastily. He still didn’t leave though. Checking on me maybe? And that brought me back to my injured head.

_Did you do this? - I asked, catching his attention as I pointed at the bandage on my head.

_Well I.. - He paused for a bit, probably trying to remember what happened - You were lying unconsciously on the ground and bleeding so I just.. wrapped it up with my towel. But don’t worry! - He quickly added - The cut wasn’t so bad and you didn’t bleed much either.

I chuckled softly. This guy was actually taking care of me. And he’s just a stranger though. I noticed he kept eyeing me, maybe he wanted to ask about what happened to me but hesitated to do so.

_Then what were you doing in this scary abandoned place?

Hearing this, he just sadly looked away. He couldn’t be living here because he doesn’t look homeless to me. Although I was really curious, I kept silent and wait for him to answer.

_It’s the only place that I can really be myself so, I would come here whenever I have time. - He said softly and looked at me with a small smile.

I could totally understand that feeling. He must be really lonely to come to a place like this, it wasn’t that safe. Everything was quiet, I didn’t say anything while he was drowning in his own thoughts. He’s seemed to be a really good guy, I still couldn’t believe that he was able to stay back and talk to me - a monster like this. He even took care of me after what that bastard done to me. Talking about that, my head felt so much better now, maybe it already stopped bleeding. Bringing my hands up, I untied and pulled the towel off my head. The blood already went dry so I guessed it’s okay to leave it like that. Maybe I should go home now.

_Well, anyway - I stood up, bringing his gaze with me - Thanks for taking care of me. But it’s late, you should go home.

And just like that, I headed toward the exit with the towel still in my hands. It was really nice talking to him but I guessed it would be the last time I see him though. Wondered would I ever met someone that good like him, I just smiled as I would surely treasure this memory.

_Wait!

Hearing his voice, I stopped my track immediately. Turing around in surprise, I found him wobbling slightly, trying to catch up with me. I looked straight in his eyes as he stopped from a good distance, waiting for something that I wasn’t even sure.

_Will I ever see you again?

That caught me off guard as I just stood there, gawking at him. I didn’t expect this at all. My mind totally went blank as he just stood there, waiting nervously.

_Will I?

He repeated the question softly, making me laugh slightly. Guessed our fate wasn’t done here.

_What’s your name? - I looked up at him and asked.

_Luhan. - Without any hesitation or puzzle, he answered while keeping his eyes at me.

_Luhan? But that doesn’t sound Korean.

_Well, I’m Chinese actually.

I looked at him in amaze. His Korean was really good, I’ve never thought that he was a foreigner. It was amazing how he kept surprise me like that.

_Well then Chinese boy, just maybe. - I said, a smile playing on my lips - But if you want to see me, then yes.

Then something unexpected happened, he broke into a smile for the first time. His innocent deer-like eyes sparkled under the moonlight, warming up my heart without even knowing. Once again, I questioned myself if I deserve it. Those eyes was something I really couldn’t forget.