The sprout

Song Soojin's Drabble Collection

Title: The sprout

Author: Song Soojin

Characters: Kris, Chanyeol, Baekhyun (if you can spot him, kkk)

Note: Please inform me if you take this anywhere else. Have a nice time and thanks for reading ^. ^

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

 

_Hyung! Wake up!

I woke up as someone was shaking me awake quite violently. Groaning unpleasantly, I tried to turn to the other side but the person didn’t let me.

_Wake up hyung! There’s something I wanna show you! Wake up!

_What? What is it? - I mumbled tiredly.

It was midnight already and he was telling me to wake up and see something. I was just trying to sleep here for God sake. Trying to calm him down, I opened my eyes to see a hyper smiling Chanyeol hovering over my bed. I wondered why he always smiling like that. Seeing that I was finally awake, he started to pull on my arms and dragged me outside. I didn’t know how I managed to walk out without bumping into anything though. Anyway, he opened the glass door that leads to the balcony and started to point at the pot on the ground with the flashlight in his hand.

_Hyung, look! - He squatted down and stared at the pot happily.

_What? I don’t see anything. - I squinted my eyes, trying to get to clearer look but it didn’t work.

_You have to sit down hyung. - He laughed and tugged on my hands as I squatted down next to him - Look.

I followed the flashlight on his hand and looked at the pot again. Maybe because of my sleepy mind, I still couldn’t see anything. Trying to get a closer look, I bent down a bit more, trying to search for any unusual sight of the pot.

_Did you see it? It finally grew up!

That was when I finally notice a small sprout in the middle of the pot, the leaves wasn’t even fully spread yet. Chanyeol just planted it a few days ago, saying that we need to be closer with the nature. So he wanted to show me this?

_You wake me up just to see this? - I chuckled.

_Yes! Isn’t it fun? - He grinned toward me and turned back to the sprout - Don’t worry little sprout, I’m gonna take a good care you.

I couldn’t help but laughed at him. This kid, he acted like he was 5. Although it was fun, I still need my sleep so I quickly got up and dragged him back to the bed room. He hesitated a bit but still followed me. Closing the door, I watched as him silently climbed on the bed. Finally, some peaceful time to sleep.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

_Should I name the sprout?

_Argh! Go to sleep Chanyeol!