Angel

Song Soojin's Drabble Collection

Title: Angel

Author: Song Soojin

Characters: Suho/you

Note: Please inform me if you take this anywhere else. Have a nice time and thanks for reading ^. ^

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

 

Junmyun was walking aimlessly on the street as his eyes glued to the ground, waiting for something to appear so he could just kick it away along with his sadness. He should have known that a blind date set up by his parent wasn’t a good idea. At first the girl seemed really nice, pretty similar with his ideal type and everything was good. But after a month of getting to know each other, he finally found out it was all an act. She didn’t have any interest in him and she already got a boyfriend, she just go on a date with him because her parent made her do it. He thought he has finally found someone but seem like luck wasn’t on his side this time.

Decided to go home, he sighed and looked up to find himself in a dark alley. He suddenly felt a chill running down his spine as he shuddered, a bad feeling entered his mind. He was just about to turn away when he heard a sob. It wasn’t loud but in this place with no people, it was enough for him to notice. He tried to follow the sound, which seem like coming from behind that big carton box. Taking each step carefully, he found a girl in a pink hoodie hugging her knees and cried. Sensing someone’s presence, the girl looked up and startled to see some guy was staring at her.

_Don’t worry! I mean no harm! - He putted both his hands up when he saw the frighten look on her face.

The girl kept panting while staring at the stranger with her red and puffy eyes. Seeing at she probably has calmed down, Junmyun slowly squatted down in front of her. She looked young, maybe just a few years younger than him. She didn’t look homeless, there was just a few stains on her clothes and face, making him wondered what have happened to her.

_What are you doing here? - He asked softly - Are you lost?

_No, I.. - She said her voice sounded hoarse - I don’t know anymore.. I don’t remember anything.

 It was a lie. But how could she say that her gambling step father just sold her away to pay his dept? Even when she ran away, she still didn’t want to believe it.

_C’mon, let me take you to the police station.

Junmyun grabbed her hand but the girl shook her head franticly, not wanting to get up. Her pleading eyes seemed to tear up again as she gripped on his hands, leaving the guy speechless. He felt needed, and he wanted to protect her.

_You don’t want to go to the police station, …? - He paused, didn’t know what to call her - Uhm, what’s your name? Do you remember?

She slowly shook her head, lying one more time. At that moment, she just wanted to forget everything, forget about who she was and start a new life. And so, the stranger gave her the chance to do that.

_So… how about I call you Hawon? Is that okay? - He said, waiting for her to nod before continued - But it’s not safe here Hawon-ah. If you don’t want to go to the police station, how about my house then?

The moment he smiled warmly at her, she knew that he would keep her safe. And so finally, the angel of her life has arrived.