Helpless

Song Soojin's Drabble Collection

Title: Helpless…

Author: Song Soojin

Characters: You, Sehun, Kris, Luhan

Note: Please inform me if you take this anywhere else. Thanks for reading and have a nice time ^. ^

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

 

The door cracked open as Sehun poked his head inside the room. It was dark so he could only see things with the help of the moonlight outside the window. His eyes darted to the bed, nearly missed out the slim figure which was almost hidden behind her black wings. Smiling, he opened the door wider and let himself in. His lips parted, ready to call her name until he stepped on something. Looking down, he lifted up his feet as the sight of the thing made his eyebrows twitch. He just stepped on a black feather. Dragging his eyes along the trace, his heart ached to found more feathers scattered on the floor. Suddenly didn’t feel right, he snapped his head up toward the girl.

_A-are you sleeping? - His voice almost cracked as he spoke.

Afraid something bad might happen to her, he felt his heart beating fast against his chest as his eyes didn’t dare to leave her. And the moment she slightly shifted her body, he immediately let out the breath that he didn’t notice he was holding. He stepped toward the bed, looking at her worriedly as he held out his trembling hands, didn’t dare to touch her at this fragile state. He turned away hastily, afraid he might loose it as he walked away, leaving a bunny plushie on the night stand. And the moment he shut the door, the room filled up with sobs again.

 

_Yah, where did you go? - Luhan immediately asked when the maknae walked in the reading room, making Kris turned his head away from the bookshelf.

Silent. Sehun didn’t say anything and just leaned his back against the closed door. The atmosphere became gloomy as the cheerful young boy suddenly couldn’t stop looking at the floor. Sensing something was wrong, Luhan got up and quickly walked toward him.

_Sehun-ah, are you okay?

_What happened?

Taken back by the sudden question, Luhan couldn’t say anything. Fear crept into him, afraid that they couldn’t keep the secret hidden anymore. He just couldn’t bear to see his dongsaeng being like this.

_What are you talking about? - He asked nervously.

_You know what I’m talking about.

_How do I know if yo-

_Stop lying to me!

Both elders got shock when the boy snapped his head up as he raised his voice. His eyes was red, tears threatened to fall out as his breath became shaky. He couldn’t take it anymore. He couldn’t.

_I knew everything already. Please, just tell me.

Knowing that this day would come, Kris heaved a sigh as he decided to speak up.

_Fine.

_Kris! - Luhan snapped at the taller boy, trying to stop it from slipping out. - Stop it.

_No. - Kris shook his head - You stop it Luhan. Sooner or later we still have to tell him, he deserves to know it.

Getting frustrated, Luhan turned away, shutting his eyes tightly. He just couldn’t face them. It hurt him too much already.

_She tried to fly again. - Kris said, looking away. - But, her wings couldn’t afford it anymore.

_There must be a way to help her, right? Hyung, please tell me that there is a way.

Sehun looked at his hyung, asking for a hope that he already knew doesn’t exist. He just couldn’t stand being helpless like this. It kills him inside and he hates it. Kris just stood there, his heart felt so heavy as he closed his eyes.

_I’m sorry, Sehun-ah.

Luhan bit his lips, trying hard to blink the tears away as Kris felt his nose started to sting. They have tried everything they could already, but it didn’t work. As much as they wanted, they just couldn’t save her. Sehun slid down to the floor as he broke into tears, wasn’t able to hold it anymore.

Their angel was dying.