Talking under the rain

Song Soojin's Drabble Collection

Title: Talking under the rain

Author: Song Soojin

Characters: Sehun/You

Note: Please inform me if you take this anywhere else. Thanks for reading and have a nice time ^. ^

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

 

My eyes glued on the ground as I just slowly taking each small step on the way back home. Thoughts running through my mind as I wasn’t able to stop them, making everything around me seem so gloomy. So much for hoping this sunny morning would turn out to be a good day. Then I stopped my track as I suddenly felt a light drop of water hit my face. More of them started to fall on my shoulder, quickly soaked through my t-shirt. Only then I finally realized that it was raining.

_Oh c’mon.

I groaned out of frustrate as I kicked my feet in the air. But since the rain wasn’t so heavy, I didn’t even bother to run and just kept walking instead. Well, what could get worse anyway?

_Sehun-ah!

Snapped my head up, I thought someone just called my name. Turning around in curious, I found a girl running up to me with an umbrella in her hand. Smiling playfully at me, she raised the umbrella above my head.

_Yah, why are you walking like that? Wanna get sick?

_And what about you? - I scoffed at her - I thought you don’t like bringing the umbrella along.

_What do I do when my mom putted it in my bag? Anyway, wanna share?

The idea was slightly uncomfortable to me at first but she’s my friend after all. Plus, looking at that short girl and how she had her arm up to keep the umbrella above my head, it gave me no choice. I don’t wanna be a bad boy and we live in the same neighborhood anyway.

_Ah~ just give me that.

Taking the umbrella away from her hand, I continued walking as she just chuckled and followed suit. The walk was quiet as none of us said a thing, the only sound was heard is our footsteps and the sound of the falling rain. It was kinda awkward but then she decided to break the ice.

_Yah, why are you so quiet? Something’s wrong?

I kept silent, didn’t know whether to tell her or not. She’s not my bestfriend but I trust her, she’s seemed to be good with secrets. Looking straight ahead, I took in a breath and prepared myself.

_YoungAe just rejected me. - It slipped out easier than I thought.

_What? - She stopped her track in surprise making me came to a halt - Wait, are you telling me that you just confessed to YoungAe?

Feeling my cheeks burned up slightly from the embarrassment, I avoided her gaze and walked away, fast. Why did I decide to tell a girl about this? This felt more embarrassing than getting tease by the guys.

_She … rejected you? - She asked, trying to keep up with my pace - And will you just slow down? I don’t have such long legs like you, you know?

Now I already spilled it, I knew she wouldn’t leave me alone. Gosh, what did I bring myself into? I slowed down, trying to calm myself as a frown appeared on my face. She stayed silent for a moment, probably trying to find what to say.

_So.. - She spoke again, with a calmer tone this time - What did she says?

_Well, still the same reason. She told me she already got someone.

_I should have known that. - She said it like a matter of fact.

_Do you think that it’s true? - I asked.

_Huh?

_Do you think that she really already got someone? - I turned to her this time.

_Don’t know. I’m not that close to her to actually say anything. - She shrugged - But maybe she does. It’s hard to predict a girl’s heart so who’d know.

_I don’t know anymore. - I sighed, didn’t realize that I was opening up to her - It feels like she just made up an excuse to reject me.

I got a bit surprised when she snorted. Looking at her in confuse, I saw her hold back the laugh as she just looked at me innocently like nothing happened. What’s so funny? I didn’t get it. I kept staring at her as she was just trying to avoid it.

_What!? - She finally burst out with a big smile on her face as she turned to face me.

_Why are you laughing?

_Nothing~ - She sang but I didn’t buy it.

_Lair. Tell me why you’re laughing. - A smiled tugged at the corner of my lips as I felt the sudden urge to laugh with her.

_Babo. Because you’re a fool. - She chuckled and poked my arm.

_What? Yah, are you kidding me? - I looked at her in disbelief but she only laughed louder.

_Don’t worry, it’s just a crush, you’re gonna get over her soon.

_Tsk. Are you a seer? - I mocked.

_Yah, I don’t have any experience doesn’t mean that I don’t know anything. - She protested - At least I know better than you, Mr.Ulzzang.

I laughed as she stuck her tongue at me. I didn’t know that she could be this childish. For a moment, I totally forgot my problem as we just laughed at each other whole-heartedly. Maybe she was right and I’m gonna get over YoungAe soon.

_Yah, thanks. - I finally could bring myself to say it out after our laughter had died down.

_Huh, what? - She looked up at me cluelessly.

_Well, - The heat crept up in my cheeks again as I felt shy all of sudden - Thanks for talking with me, I feel much better now.

_Uhm, well.. - I heard her stuttered - Just do what a friend got to do, that’s all.

Peeking at her, I found her looking at the other side as she bit on her lower lip, trying to hide the smile that was becoming more obvious. I felt like teasing her but decided not to, but just for today though. The rain didn’t stop yet but the grey clouds already faded away, giving back the sunlight as I saw a blur rainbow from afar. Well, maybe today wasn’t so bad after all.

_Yah, I’m kinda thirsty, wanna get something to drink? - She asked.

_How about some bubble tea? - I beamed at her as I thought of my favorite drink - I know this place that makes really good bubble tea.

She nodded with a smile as I started to lead the way. Who’d know that we got close just like that? Even I surprised myself. Maybe it was fate that I got reject that day, that the sky suddenly started raining and she happened to appear with an umbrella. But oh well, who’d know. And so we just kept walking while bickering on who should pay for the tea.