Two... just wanna be with you

Of crushes and public confessions..

 

Two...
just wanna be with you


At the So Nyeo Shi Dae dorm:

Hyoyeon woke up feeling anxious and slightly out of breath. 

Her dreams had all been about a mysterious silhouette watching over her but every time she moved closer to see his face, the scene would rapidly change like a movie on fast forward and she’d end up right where she was- no matter how much she ran. All she could tell was that she felt warm and safe every time he was near, but now that she had opened her eyes, he had vanished for good. 
A little shiver ran down her spine and she pulled her covers more tightly around herself.

“Oh good! You’re up.” Taeyeon smiled at her from the doorway. “Mind helping me wake the other kids up?”
Hyoyeon stifled a yawn. She felt even more tired than when she had gone to bed. Must’ve been all the running around in my dreams, she thought but got up anyway. “Sure, no problem Taengoo.”

Her roommate Seohyun, the ever diligent maknae, was already up and had left for university – her bed neatly made up.

Since there were just 6 members to be woken up, it was achieved fairly quickly, except for Jessica – the resident Sleeping Beauty. But Hyoyeon left that duty to the loud combined force of Tiffany, Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona and went to join Taeyeon and Sunny in the kitchen.

After breakfast was done, the girls reviewed the day’s schedule. 
They would be splitting up for a bunch of events in smaller groups. Hyoyeon was scheduled to record Star Golden Bell with Sooyoung, Yuri and Sica. 

They lazed around on the living room floor for a while but started scrambling as soon as their managers’ voices were heard on the intercom.

As Hyoyeon got her bag ready, she suddenly remembered her encounter with Doojoon the day before. She wondered if he’d be at the salon again.
I should thank him for the coffee properly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the Beast dorm:

“Yah you beasts! Will you hurry up and get moving? Manager hyung is holding the elevator door open!” Doojoon hollered at his group members.

“Chill leader! Where’s the fire?” Junhyung joked as he continued to saunter around with his signature swagger.

Off in the kitchen Yoseob and Dongwoon were rolling on the floor laughing at an unimpressed looking Kikwang. “You guys lied to me again didn’t you?” 
“This is even better than the Japan trick! Nice! Nice!” Dongwoon gave Yoseob a high five.

Doojoon let out a deep sigh. Today was definitely not a day to be messing with him. He decided to pull the leader card.
“The last person or persons out the door have to clean up after lunch and dinner for the entire week.” 
HyunSeung and Kikwang were out the door.
“And the toilets.” Doojoon added.
It resulted in mass panic amongst the remaining members. 
Mission Accomplished.

“Finally,” Doojoon muttered in relief.
Sitting in the car, on the way to the hair salon, his anxiety started to grow.
Would she go up there again?

“Hyung! Since Yoseobie hyung was the last to get out of the dorm, he should get his makeup done last right?” Dongwoon was eyeing him expectantly with Yoseob violently shaking his head in the background.  He was pointing towards Dongwoon mouthing “Maknae! Maknae!”

“I’ll go last so don’t worry about it!” Doojoon told them causing Kikwang to exclaim “Yah daebak! Doojoonie is giving up his first spot! Is everything ok with you? You’ve been acting weird all morning!”

Doojoon just smiled at them and said, “What can I say! A leader should make sacrifices once in a while.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once inside the salon, Doojoon checked his watch. They had two hours for makeup and he probably wouldn’t be called until the last half hour.
With a thumping heart he started walking and then sprinting up the stairs to the rooftop. He paused at the door to catch his breath, making a silent wish that she’d be there. 
It was all he had thought about the night before.



His shoulders fell in disappointment seeing the vacant bench. 
What did you expect, Yoon DooJoon? Did you think that she’d be dying to see you again too?! If anything, she will probably try to avoid you now. Nicely done!

He sat down on the bench pulling his beanie tighter. It was colder today. 
Maybe that’s why she isn’t .. he stopped himself. 
Denial is definitely not the way to go.

He rubbed his hands together to keep warm and was considering going back inside when something shiny caught his eye.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours ago:
Hyoyeon’s POV:

“Hey girls, the recording’s in Kangwondo so we’re going to have to do hair and makeup when we get there ok?” Manager oppa told us.

Crap! I thought, glancing at the coffee flask in my hands. 

We had stopped by Starbucks on our way and they had these really nice coffee flasks on sale. And this is sortof weird but the bronze-y color reminded me of Doojoon shhi so I bought one for him as a thank you gift on impulse. 
But now I’m thinking it might be a bit much. 

Our van pulled up in front of the hair salon. We had to pick up some of the staff to go on location with us. 
“Ok. Wait for a few minutes in the car. I’ll be right back!” Manager oppa said getting out of the van.

I tightened my hands around the flask. 
It’s just a simple thank you gesture, right?

I rushed out of the car and ran past oppa, “I have to use the restroom!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The salon was practically empty. It was still quite early. 
So I went over to where the appointments are listed. 

 

11/12/09 – 11 am – Beast

 


I applauded myself on having the foresight to buy a coffee flask instead of a regular cup. 
The fans don’t call me Genius of the Universe for nothing ha-ha-ha.

Luckily there was no one on the roof so I left it by the bench we sat on hoping that he’d notice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to present:
Doojoon picked up the shiny object. It felt warm. There was a post-it stuck to the bottom.

Can Coffee sshi! 
Remember me? I hope you like Americano coffee. 
Orange jacket sonyuh! :)


He folded it up carefully and put it in his pocket to join the previous one. 

For the rest of the day, Doojoon went around with a huge grin on his face, clutching his coffee mug possessively.