Repeat step 3...

Of crushes and public confessions..

III girl, it's plain to see...

The next night, their break ended and all the girls returned to the dorm creating a noisy and chaotic scene.

“Yah I missed you guys!” Yuri, who was the first to get back along with Seohyun and Yoona, squealed upon seeing Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, Sunny and Jessica, who had amazingly arrived at the same time. They embraced each other happily as if they had been separated for years. 

“Hey Danshin trio! Did you guys grow taller in the past three days?” Sooyoung walked in with Tiffany.
“Choi Sooyoung! I won’t kill you right now because I’m so happy to see your face again but don’t think I will forget!” Hyoyeon jokingly glared at her before letting Sooyoung pull her in a big hug.


“Alright everyone’s here. Put your stuff away, change into your PJs and get ready for our 5-minute talk.” Taeyeon ordered and her members obediently followed.

The 5 minute talk in actuality had turned into a 50 minute talk – probably would have reached 5 hours – had their manager not called to warn them to go to bed – IMMEDIATELY! So at 10:30 they all reluctantly got up and scattered back to their own rooms.


An hour later, the door to Hyoyeon and Seohyun’s room opened. 
“I’m just going to the bathroom,” Hyoyeon told her roommate who was reading a book in bed and simply nodded.

Once inside, she carefully locked the door and dialled his number, “Finally!” a sulky voice greeted her and she found herself smiling from ear to ear.
“Sorry! You know how girls are – we had to catch up!”
“For your information, we boys also catch up! I just know how to prioritize and snuck out to wait for your call!” he sounded like a little kid.
She giggled and in an aegyo filled voice started consoling him.

It wasn’t like things had drastically changed overnight between them but now there was a..  sort of mutual understanding AND a lot of blatant flirting mixed into their conversation. 


On the other side, Yoona and Yuri were crouched with their ears stuck to the bathroom door trying to hold in their squeals, “You want me to say I missed you? Ha! You know I can’t lie.”
“Aw I’m sorry! Poor baby~~don’t be angry! … Sweet dreams. Ok, hang up! … No you hang up!.. No you first!” 
YoonYul covered their mouths to keep from giggling out loud and then, hearing the door click scampered off into their room in a panic.

Hyoyeon smiled at the phone after they finally ended their call and pressed some buttons. There were butterflies in her stomach in a long long time and she tried to calm herself down by washing her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She walked back into her room to find Yoona and Yuri sitting on Seohyun’s bed annoying the maknae.
“Ju Hyunah! Since you are the maknae, you should make some herbal tea for us old unnies.”

Hyoyeon playfully smacked the kkab pair, “Hey let her do her reading. I’m going to get some milk so I’ll make you guys your tea.”
“You’re the best unnie!” Yoona jumped on her. “I want hot tea with lemon and honey.”
“And I want cold tea with ginseng and some ginger, please.” Yuri added.
“What? You brats! Why can’t you drink the same thing?” 
“Please!! Hyoyeonah! You’re the only one who can make the tea perfectly!”
“My tea too unnie! I’ve missed it so much the past three days!”

Hyoyeon gave them a ‘the things I do for you’ exasperated look and then tossing her phone onto her bed, headed towards the kitchen.

Yuri immediately followed and stood by the door, “Ok Go!”
Yoona grabbed the phone making Seohyun whine in the background, “Just to be clear! I do not approve of any of this. I did not see nor hear nor encourage anything!”
Yoona waved her away and quickly punched the keys on Hyoyeon’s phone. She blinked and scrolled down her recent calls list again. “What? This can’t be?”

“Why?” Yuri crossed the room and peeked over her shoulder.
Seohyun joined them, “What’s wrong?”
“Yah I thought you didn’t want to be a part of this!” Yuri nagged her.
“No use. You guys already corrupted me!” the maknae replied tongue in cheek and took the phone out of Yoona’s hand, “Let me see.”
“There’s no one! The last call she made was at 9 to her brother.” Yoona informed them.


Just then the door opened and Hyoyeon walked in making the three jump in terror.
“What kind of milk…” She stopped and examined their guilty faces. “What’s going on?”

They nudged each other for a few seconds until Yuri finally stepped forward. “Hyoyeonah! Don’t be mad but we were just checking your phone to see who you were talking to!”
Hyoyeon’s eyes widened in surprise.
Yoona quickly jumped in taking hold of Hyoyeon’s hand, “Unnie! Don’t be angry please. We heard you talking in the bathroom and were curious.”

“Oh that!” Hyoyeon let out a laugh, “I was just pretending to talk to my fake boyfriend on the phone. You girls know how jealous I am of maknae’s marriage right!” She silently thanked her lucky stars for having erased his call history from her phone. It had actually been to keep her contact with Doojoon a secret from the manager oppas but she wasn’t ready to tell her girls either- not before confirming it with Doojoon.

“Unnie!” Yoona tugged at her hand, “I know you’re crushing on someone!”
“From B2st right?” Yuri chimed in and Hyoyeon’s mouth formed an O. 

How did they know? Had they seen them? When did they find out?

“It’s okay! You don’t have to tell us if you’re shy but we’ve decided to help you!” saying this, the duo ran back giggling to their room.
“Wait no! You don’t have to…” Hyoyeon helplessly turned to Seohyun who patted her shoulder with sympathy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The next morning Yoona and Yuri started giving Hyoyeon conspirational winks as soon as they stepped into their van headed for Music Bank’s recording.
Hyoyeon resignedly shrank back into her seat anticipating sure doom and embarrassment from the roommates.

“Hyoyeonah quick! Come outside, we’re going for a walk!” Yuri ran and grabbed her hand. Hyoyeon sighed wondering what Kkab Yul was up to but didn’t have to wait long to find out. 

From the opposite end of the long narrow hallway, the B2st members were walking back to their dressing rooms, led by Kikwang and Doojoon. 
“Ah, I feel like jogging. Don’t you?” Yuri dragged her faster before she could escape; only slowing down when they were two feet away from the B2st members.

Once the boys were within earshot, Yuri suddenly started complaining, “Yah! You’re too much, how could you play that prank on me Kim Hyo Yeon? I don’t want to talk to you!” She gave Hyoyeon a big push sending her crashing into Kikwang, who luckily had the fast reflexes to reach out and catch her in his arms.

Hyoyeon turned a deep shade of crimson unable to meet any of the boys’ eyes. She could feel Doojoon’s questioning gaze burning into her but she kept her head down and apologizing profusely to Kikwang, ran to hunt down and possibly murder Kwon Yuri.


A hand shot out of a room as she was running past and pulled her in. 
“Hey! Sorry I pushed you so hard but I did good right?” Yuri hugged her with a proud smile. “Yoongie said he caught you in his arms!”
“What?” Hyoyeon gave her a bewildered look. “Why’d you push me to Kikwang?”
Yuri’s brows furrowed reflecting Hyoyeon’s look of confusion, “Because he’s your crush….. right?”

Hyoyeon just shook her head not knowing whether to laugh or cry. “Yah pabo! What made you think I like Kikwang?” Taking a deep breath she confessed, “I like Doojoon.”
“Yoon Doojoon? That Im Yoona! I knew I shouldn’t have taken her word for it but she seemed so sure.” Yuri complained and then stopped, “Oh crap!”

Hyoyeon looked at her friend, afraid to ask. 
Yuri gave her a meek look, “Don’t kill the messenger but I think Yoona told Dongwoon that you like Kikwang and those two are going to arrange a meeting for you guys.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: i tried to add some moments from Strong Heart :P