.. and regrets

Of crushes and public confessions..



REVEALED

 

 


It was Hyoyeon's turn to look floored. She grabbed on to Yoona's arm tighter, afraid that her legs might give way. 
"What?" her voice cracked. 
Was it really possible? Had he been trying to protect her all this time? Was it why he continued to be nice and take care of her even after the break up? Questions were spinning in her head like a whirlpool.. 

"Unnie. I'm sorry you had to find out like this but we really have to hurry. Please!" Yoona tried to shake the older girl into action.

 

----------------


"Hey! Is everything okay?" Doojoon came up behind them and placed his head on the crook of her shoulder, arms going around her. Yoona excused herself, "I'll wait for you by the door."

Hyoyeon sank back into Doojoon's warm and safe embrace covering his hands with hers. After a second, she pulled away and turned around to face him, "I'm sorry I have to go somewhere right now but I'll explain everything when I get back, okay?" 

Doojoon could sense her urgency and relaxed his hold on her. Glancing around quickly he pulled her into a little corner and left a gentle butterfly kiss on the tip of her nose, "Okay, hurry back!"

 

 

****************


Hyoyeon and Yoona raced towards the basement and found Eeteuk standing spread eagle in front of Eunhyuk's roaring car.

"Thank god you're here! Talk some sense into him Hyoyeonnie!" 
Hyoyeon didn't need to be told twice.

"Oppa! What are you trying to do? You're going to get yourself killed or something!" she yelled, face white as a sheet.

"At this point I wouldn't really care," was the chilling reply - sounding dead and empty.



Tears came streaming down Hyoyeon's face unexpectedly. He sounded so broken - it terrified her to think that he might actually mean it. "Stop so we can talk please? Come on oppa! You shut me out once, please don't do it again." She tapped on the window repeatedly. "Please..."



The engine turned off. Something had gotten through to him - was it her words? her tears?

All three bodies collapsed against the car as the tension slowly lifted.

 

 

-----------------------


Hyoyeon straightened up, an idea occuring to her. "If you want to go home, I'll drive you there, just give me a second, ok?"


She sprinted as fast as she could towards a van that was pulling out of the parking lot and waved her arms.


"Hyoyeonah, what are you doing?" Jinki jumped out of the front seat arms reaching out to steady the panting girl.

"Are you leaving?"

He nodded, "I have early morning rehearsal for my musical. Yah!" He held her face in his hands to examine her more closely, "Have you been crying?" but Hyoyeon shook his concerns away.
"Can you please do me a favor and tell my manager oppa your manager drove us both home if he asks?"

Jinki's worry-filled eyes bore into hers. 
"Don't worry! I'm fine .. I'm just driving Hyukjae oppa home."

"Hyukjae hyung.. again?" his expression darkened. 




"Don't do it, Hyoyeonah." His voice was pleading as he held her arm in a vice like grip - he remembered how she had cried herself sick after their break up .. and had promised himself that he would never let her go through it again.

She cracked a tender smile, "It's not like that this time.. Thanks for looking out for me Jinki but just do this one thing and you'll be helping me out a lot!" She hugged him and ran off before Jinki could do anything ... except sigh. For a split second he had hoped that she had rushed to see him.. that she had finally 'seen' him.. but it seemed like timing was his biggest enemy. He was always watching her walk away.

 

 

*************************


The drive back to Super Junior's apartment was completely silent - a million questions hanging in the air but neither were willing to voice them just yet.

Eunhyuk squeezed his eyes shut tightly trying to block out what he had heard earlier and focus on the present - the fact that she was here and not with 'him' had to mean something, right?
Like a drowning man grasping for anything to keep himself afloat, Eunhyuk was clinging to this last ray of newfound hope with all he had. 

Hyoyeon had her own demons to battle - now that she knew the truth, what should she do? Did it change things.. change how she felt?





"Oppa, we are here," she tapped his forearm gently when they pulled into the basement parking lot. Eunhyuk was only pretending to be asleep but it felt like her touch had jolted him back to life.



"Let me help you." 
He was still swaying from the alcohol so Hyoyeon put his arm over her shoulder supporting him as he walked.


"Thank god for private elevators!" she mumbled as she gazed at him slumped beside her; the mere thought of anyone seeing them like this was putting hher nerves on edge.


"Keys?" 
Eunhyuk leaned against the wall as he watched her attempting to unlock the door. He knew it was tricky and that he should volunteer to help her but he couldn't deny himself this unrestricted view of her. Pretty feminine lashes were covering the warm brown eyes he adored so much, her soft locks splayed across her face, tiny beads of sweat running down her neck - she was so damn beautiful.. how was he ever supposed to stop loving her?


"Finally!" she muttered as her struggle ended and the door swung open.


"Yes finally," Eunhyuk whispered and without any warning, pulled her inside. His hands reached up to cradle her face gently in the dark and a second later, his lips were on hers, kissing her with all the pent up passion and secreted away love of the past two years.


He wasn't going to hide it anymore...


.. and she didn't stop him.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------