Secrets and ...

Of crushes and public confessions..

Just as the door thudded softly, a soju bottle hit the floor and rolled away leaving a jarring clankering echo in its wake.

The individual who had single-handedly emptied the entire contents stood up on shaky legs, clutching his pounding head.




But Eunhyuk was grateful for the pain for it helped distract him from the ripped-apart aching mess that was his heart.


It was over .. any hope that he might have clung to had been effectively cruelly smothered by the passionate exhange of "i love you"s that he had just borne witness to - and he knew her well enough to know she had meant them.

He had lost her for good this time -
and he had no one to blame but himself.


The realization was almost suffocating... all these years he had believed that their mutual heartache, the hurt in her eyes whenever she looked at him would be worth it when they were finally together again.. but why had he never considered that she would get tired of waiting?


He had to get away from this party .. this place that had now been tainted for him forever. He wasn't sure he had it in him not to go and punch Doojoon when he saw him.

Groping around for the car keys in his pocket, Eunhyuk staggered out of the stock room.

 

 

************************


"There are you are Hyoyeonah! We were starting to think you went to hand pick apples to make your own champagne!" Yuri's exasperated voice rang out as soon as she caught sight of Hyoyeon emerging through the crowd.

"Unnie, it's grapes not apples," Seohyun pointed out helpfully. Their lovable bookworm was always willing and eager to share her vast knowledge since she hated being wrong. However, currently, Yuri's rolling of the eyes seemed to suggest her unnie hated being corrected more than being wrong. "Same difference maknae," her words were slurring slightly so the youngest wisely decided to let the subject drop.

"Sorry!" Hyoyeon apologized when she was within earshot but her smile betrayed the lack of sincerity in her words. There was no way she could hide the glow of happiness that seemed to be emenating from every pore of her body.

Tiffany's eyes narrowed suspiciously. Being around each other 24/7, the girls could read one another with a single glance. "Omygosh! Is it finally time for the big reveal?" 

Blushing slightly, Hyoyeon nodded and the girls crowded together buzzing with excitment. 
"Spill it Hyo!"



A look around revealed an array of emotions and expressions - Tiffany, Sunny and Seohyun seemed like they were ready to spontaneously combust with anticipation whereas Yuri and Sooyoung held identical smug and knowing smiles. Jessica had already latched herself to Hyoyeon's arm and appeared to be trying to smack the words out of her faster. In contrast, Taeyeon held back a little giving Hyoyeon an encouraging smile. 
Only Yoona seemed out of it, for her brows were knitted tightly together in concentration following the movements of a person on the far end of the room.

Taeyeon moved closer to her and gave her a little nudge. She hesitantly tore away her gaze and refocused it on her beaming Hyoyeon unnie.



"I am really sorry for not telling you guys sooner - thankyou for understanding. But now I can do even better and introduce you all to my boyfriend.."

"Boyfriend?" There was a collective gasp from her friends.



Hyoyeon looked past the huddled group and motioned someone closer, "You guys already know him but here he is..."

Doojoon walked through the crowd looking like a modern day Prince Charming in his dark jeans and red t-shirt, his eyes only for his Princess. Smiling proudly, he went to stand next to Hyoyeon slipping one hand through her fingers in reassurance and the other going around her arm lovingly.


"Beast's Doojoon! I had a feeling!" Sunny cooed, clapping her hands in delight.

"Ommo don't try to hide your skinship or anything!" Tiffany was already in full teasing mode eyes twinkling like Christmas lights. She couldn't have imagined a more fitting person for her friend.

On the contrary, Sooyoung's mouth had dropped wide enough for a small bird to enter, eyes darting around worriedly. This was definitely not the way it was supposed to happen .. Her romantic senses couldn't have been so wrong ... What was she going to do? She just prayed Eunhyuk wasn't around to witness this scene.

"Yah!" Yuri smacked Hyoyeon's arm, "I thought you said it was a crush and you guys didn't know each other. When did he become your boyfriend?"

"It was my masterplan! Chigeum eun Hyo-Tae shidae!" Taeyeon laughed like a little kid and broke through the crowd to hi-five both Hyoyeon and Doojoon, who whispered "thank you" to her.

"You'll thank me even more when I tell you about the radio show but lets save that for another celebration!" she winked at the confused couple.

"Ommo!" Yuri interrupted again clearly not over her dissatisfaction. "You told us not to interfere and went to Taeyeonnie! Yoona-ya! Can you believe how we've been betrayed!" She turned to her partner in crime for back up but Yoona was too distracted to hear her.

"I'm really happy for you Hyo unnie and Doojoon oppa!" She shook their entwined hands, "but I have to do something quickly so excuse me, please?"

"Er.. Ok?" Hyoyeon answered not sure about what she meant but Yoona had already sped off towards the door.

 

 

*********************************


"Oppa! Can I talk to you?" Yoona pulled Eeteuk away from his friends without waiting for a response.

"Yoona-ya! What's wrong?" he could tell from her body language that she was in a state of panic.

"It's Hyukjae oppa," she answered urgently, "I think he saw Hyoyeon unnie introducing Doojoon oppa to us. I spotted him walking out of the party after that but can't find him anywhere. I think he was drunk too! We have to find him quickly."



Eeteuk immediately launched into action. "I think I know where he went." Pulling Yoona along, he raced towards the basement parking lot.

Eunhyuk had driven himself and some of the other Super Junior members including Eeteuk to the venue so luckily they tracked down his black Lexus in a matter of minutes. Yoona almost slumped to the ground in relief when she saw his hunched figure sitting in the driver's seat.

Eeteuk raced forward and knocked on the window, "Yah! Eunhyukkah! Open up."


Eunhyuk's head jerked up. His eyes were bloodshot and watery. Seeing his dongsaeng's pitiful condition, Eeteuk's heart broke a little too. He knew how much Eunhyuk loved Hyoyeon. 

"Hyukjae-ah," he prodded gently, "Let's talk please. We just want to be here for you."
Yoona was now by his side too and nodding her head encouragingly.


"Mian," Eunhyuk slurred, "But right now, I don't feel like talking to anyone. I'm just going to go home." His voice and eyes seemed so hollow and faraway.. almost like the fading end of an echo.

Yoona's eyes widened in fear as she watched him reaching to put the key into the ignition. "Oppa! You're drunk. You can't drive!"

"Yah! Open the door!" Eeteuk yelled, now banging on the window but Eunhyuk just looked at him sadly, "Sorry."



"I'm going to get Hyoyeon unnie." Yoona started to sprint only to have Eeteuk pull her back, "But he doesn't want her to know!"
The car engine roared to life and Yoona shook her head resolutely, breaking his grasp, "We have no choice. Stall him until I get back!"


Seeing no other option, Eeteuk stood in front of the car praying that his dongsaeng wouldn't call his bluff.

 

 

*******************************************


"So Doojoon shhi, I guess we can call you just Doojoon now or how about 'our Hyoyeonnie's Doojoon'?" Sooyoung asked putting on a matronly air. She had recovered from the shock of this new pairing and since Eunhyuk was nowhere in sight, felt safe to partake in their festivities.

"I know, I know! We can call him Yoon Seobang!" Fany interrupted with a giggle ignoring Hyoyeon's 'please stop humiliating me' glares.

"Aigoo, Yoong and I should be giving you our blessings together but she's disappeared." Yuri clucked her tongue, craning her neck for a sign of Yoona.

"My turn then!" Sunny pushed her aside and hugged Doojoon and Hyoyeon at the same time. "I'm so happy for you guys! Let's go on a double date with Sungmin oppa and I next week!"

Maknae Seohyun stepped up next - shyly. "I think you are the reason my unnie has been so happy these days, so thank you. But it is now your responsibility to make sure Hyoyeon unnie doesn't eat so much fast food, oppa!"

Doojoon broke into an affectionate smile at the younger girl's seriousness and patted her head, "Will do!"



"Yah! Stop it you guys!" Hyoyeon protested feeling awkward from all the attention and hoping Doojoon wasn't getting scared away. 

"Wae?" Fany and Sooyoung blinked their eyes innocently.

"Because we are just dating, not getting married!" she cried out in exasperation but she felt Doojoon's arm around her tighten. He then proceeded to lower his lips to her ear and whispered, "Not yet but someday, yeobo." She could imagine the teasing smile that must be playing on his lips just from his voice and it sent all kinds of delicious tingles up her spine. 

His closeness was also bringing back flashbacks of their heated encounter in the stockroom. 

When their eyes locked together she could tell he was thinking the same thing. Embarassed she looked away but his other hand began to trace little patterns into her palm.



"Oh my god! Maknae's cheeks are burning from watching you two stare at each other. Get a room!" Jessica said in an annoyed voice that only those close to her would recognize as playful and affectionate.



"Hyo unnie! Can I talk to you? It's urgent!" It seemed like Yoona had materialized out of thin air, breathing erratically.

"Did you apparate or something?" Sooyoung looked at her quizzically but Yoona didn't respond to her joke. She merely bowed to a confused Doojoon apologising repeatedly before dragging Hyoyeon away.




"Don't worry about them! The two chodings are weird like that," Jessica waved her hand dismissively before squaring her eyes at Doojoon. "Perfect timing for me to have a little chat with you, mister." She him threateningly. "You might not know but Hyo is my oldest friend whom I love to death. And she's been really hurt by someone she loved before so.."

"I know."

"You do?" Jessica's composure cracked a little but it swiftly gave way to relief. "Great then, so I guess it goes without saying that you better not hurt her or else I will kill you with my bare hands?"

"It will never come to that, I promise," he replied confidently and Jessica's icy facade melted. "Good!" Suddenly, she was like a harmless excited kitten, purring, "I'm so happy for you guys!" 

 

 

****************************


"Yoona, what's wrong? You're scaring me!" Hyoyeon clutched the younger girl's arms. 

"You have to come with me quickly! Let's go!" Yoona pleaded, tears threatening to spill from her doe-eyes at any second.

"Go where? What are you talking about?" Hyoyeon tried to calm her down and get an explanation.


Distraught, Yoona informed her that Eunhyuk had gotten drunk and was attempting to drive home. 

Hyoyeon could feel goosebumps on her skin - Eunhyuk never got-out-of-hand wasted, except for that one time.. Something must be seriously wrong with him. 

Without any further thought, she immediately started to walk out with Yoona until she caught a glance of Doojoon and stopped herself.

It was just old instinct that had kicked in for a second.. but it wasn't her place anymore. 


"Wait Yoona! I think you should go get Donghae oppa. Why would Hyukjae oppa listen to me anyway? We broke up, remember? Two years ago!"

"Unnie! You don't understand! You're the only one he will listen to!" Yoona continued to implore her, hoping that she would not have to reveal Eunhyuk's secret. But seeing as Hyoyeon didn't seem convinced she took a deep breath and silently prayed, Please don't hate me for this Hyukjae oppa.

"He is still in love with you! Oppa only broke up with you because the CEO made him. I don't have time to explain everything but he has never stopped loving you and tonight he saw you and Doojoon oppa and got drunk and I don't know what he is going to do next!"
 

---------------------------

2 more chapters left.almost time to say goodbye :'(