8

Arranged Marriage with Kai

 

Ji Hye packed all her stuffs on her bag. She had told her parents that she would be sleeping over at Mi Young’s house and she had also told Kai’s parents that she wouldn’t be at home, just in case they visited.

Actually, their parents knew about their distant relationship. They once thought they would get closer, but maybe they were wrong. They never stopped hoping, though.

Kai didn’t tell Ji Hye how long he would be away. Ji Hye couldn’t be bothered asking, anyway.

 

 

 

It’s time for her to have fun.  Right when she arrived at Mi Young’s house, her best friend immediately dragged her into her room, saying that there’s a party that was going to be held 6 days from that day. It was going to be held on a club, a place Ji Hye had never visited.

“Oh, c’mon! We have to attend that party and have fun! I am sure there would be hot guys everywhere! Forget Kai!” Mi Young begged while pulling Ji Hye’s left hand.

“Mi Young, you know I’m not the party ani-“

“PLEASEE???? PLEASE???? FOR ME????????” Mi Young begged with her puppy eyes. Ji Hye sighed, she gave up.

“Alright. But we won’t be long, okay?”

“OKAY!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

They spent their time chatting, lazing around, or sometimes shopping. Ji Hye couldn’t forget Kai, though. Was he doing well? Did he forget his meal? Did he rest well? Did he have fun..?

 

Well, who am I to worry so much? He’s probably having fun with that girl, she thought bitterly.

 

Mi Young would snap at her and get her back to reality. She knew that Ji Hye was feeling down, and she was trying her best to make her best friend smile. That’s why she made plans for them every day, to kept Ji Hye busy so she wouldn’t be thinking about Kai that much.

Tomorrow would be the ‘party’ day and Mi Young made Ji Hye try on dresses and she finally found what she wanted.

Ji Hye said ‘NO’ because the dress was too y and revealing but Mi Young insisted on buying and she once again, used her puppy eyes on Ji Hye. Thinking that they were only going for a while, Ji Hye finally gave up.

 

 

[This is the picture of the dress]

 

 

The next evening, Mi Young helped Ji Hye fixing her hair and they were finally done. Ji Hye looked extremely y with her dress and Mi Young looked extremely cute too. Ji Hye wasn’t comfortable with that dress, to be honest. But let’s just have fun.

They arrived at the venue and Ji Hye immediately pull her dress. Mi Young snorted at her and made her way to the club. Ji Hye followed behind.

 

They sat at the stool and chatted. Ji Hye decided that she wouldn’t drink anything served in the club because she was fully aware that her tolerance of alcohol’s really bad. Mi Young ordered a glass of cocktail and enjoyed her drink. They couldn’t chat much because of the blasting music. Ji Hye felt bored, like really bored. And her revealing dress isn’t helping at all. Thanks to Mi Young. Was that called as ‘having’ fun? Oh.

Mi Young said she wanted to dance. And if Ji Hye wasn’t mistaken, that was like 30 minutes ago. She needed to go home badly.

Ji Hye made her way to the dance floor, trying to find Mi Young. But instead of meeting Mi Young, she was accidentally pushed by a slightly drunk man. That man was holding into her arm, while keeping himself balanced. Ji Hye tried to push away, but that man was too strong, and she started to panic.

But someone finally pried the man off of her. She looked up to find a seemingly familiar face who helped him- pushing that man off. That drunk man cursed something but then went away.

“Are you okay?” That guy asked. Ji Hye couldn’t say anything, because of the loud music.

That guy instructed Ji Hye to follow him. He headed back to the place where Ji Hye sat before, and Ji Hye uneasily followed him. That face- she didn’t know why it looked familiar, and that guy didn’t look bad at all.

“Are you okay?” He asked a little louder.

Ji Hye nodded. “Thanks for helping. It was.. unexpected.”

“It often happens. And I can tell that this must be the first time of you being on a club? Correct me if I’m wrong.” That guy smiled.

“I don’t know who you are but- thanks.” Ji Hye managed to crack a smile. She was lucky to have met him.

“No problem. Are you looking for someone?” He asked.

“I was looking for my friend. I don’t know where she is now.” Ji Hye answered truthfully.

“What does she look like? I can help you.”

“It’s okay, I don’t want to-“

“Oh Ji Hye! There you are! Aren’t you bored being here all the time?!” Mi Young suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Ji Hye sighed.

“I found her already. There she is.” Ji Hye said to that guy.

 

 

 

But then another unexpected thing happened, Mi Young hit that guy’s arm and shouted, “Ohmygosh! Hyun Woo!!! What are you doing here?!!!”