4

Arranged Marriage with Kai

 

Ji Hye woke up earlier and tidied up her bed. She was about to fold the blanket when she realized that Kai wasn’t using a blanket. She immediately brought the blanket and covered Kai’s body with the blanket. A smile crept on her face, and she immediately went to wash up and change. She tied her hair and went downstairs to the kitchen.

 

Everything felt like a dream to her. She hadn’t seen him since graduation, and now she’s married to him. Life is unpredictable sometimes, and she didn’t know what to feel; lucky or the otherwise.

 

She wanted to smile and squeal happily but she knew Kai wasn’t interested in her. He didn’t even remember her, even though they’ve performed together once. ONLY ONCE and that was unforgettable to her. That was when the school made an event and she sang a song with Kai dancing along. It felt surreal, and she fell in love with Kai. They barely talked, they didn’t even have a proper introduction.

 

That kiss yesterday meant everything to her. She admit that it was disappointing but hoping too much won’t do any good. From their talk last night, she could assume that Kai had someone he loved, and he’s going to find a solution to this unwanted marriage. She knew she shouldn’t put too much hope on him falling in love with her, as she felt that she’s nothing compared to the woman Kai loved.

 

She knew almost everything about Kai. His favorite food, his hobby, his habit, his favorite color, even his favorite number. She knew she sounded creepy but Kai really had the interest at her heart.

 

She hated putting too much hope but who knew she might succeed. It’s better to try and fail, than not trying at all. HWAITING!! MAKE KAI FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU!! She thought, while smiling to herself. She had to be positive!

 

She prepared all the ingredients needed to make the breakfast. Soon enough, the rice, soup, and various dishes was done. Satisfied with her work early in the morning, she waited patiently for Kai to wake up and eat their breakfast together. She was watching the morning news on TV when Kai walked into the living room. He had changed into a black tee and jeans. He was yawning, and his hair was slightly disheveled. Instead of looking ugly, he looked extremely y, and that made her squeal inside.

 

“Good morning.” Ji Hye greeted Kai with a smile and switched off the TV.

“Good morning.” Kai replied and he was about to sit in the couch when Ji Hye said that the breakfast was ready.

“You woke up this early to prepare these? We could’ve ordered food instead of wasting your energy like this.” Kai said and gaped when he saw their breakfast.

“It’s healthier this way. Besides, I enjoy cooking, so it’s not a big problem. Let’s eat.” Ji Hye took two bowls of rice and they began eating their breakfast.

“I ate well. I never thought you're good cook. Thanks for the food.” Kai smiled and was about to wash the bowl when Ji Hye stood up faster and took it from Kai’s hand, “I’ll wash this.”

 

Kai was stunned, he honestly thought that she was the kind of spoiled girl, who’d do nothing expect bossing around. He leaned on the counter while sipping his water while looking at Ji Hye who was washing the dishes. He felt like he need to know this girl and without him realizing, he had questioned her.

“Have we met.. somewhere?” Ji Hye stopped for a while, but then continued with what she was doing.

“Yeah, we went to the same high school. I am pretty sure you didn’t know me, though.” She answered.

“No wonder I feel like I’ve seen you somewhere. I really couldn’t remember, though. I feel sorry for you to be caught in this marriage, I didn’t know how our parents planned this. But don’t worry, I’ll try my best to get us out from this prison.” With that, he walked back to their room.

 

 

Kai, still the same person who was oblivious of his surrounding. Still the same person who made her heart feels like it was going to jumped out of its place, still the same person who took her heart with everything he do.

Kai, still the same person who made her question everything she was doing. Will she end up regretting everything, or will everything finally fall right on its place?

 

 

 

 

But then she had come this far, end giving up was not a good choice.