15

Arranged Marriage with Kai

 

A/N: Dear readers, I'm sorry I haven't been able to update all these while. I'm now on a short break, and I promise I would update as often as I could! ^^ Enjoy~ 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Two weeks had passed, Ji Hye and Hyun Woo grew closer. Kai noticed, that in the past two weeks Ji Hye had smiled more than usual, especially when she’s on the phone with Hyun Woo.

 

 

It had also been two weeks of hell for Kai. Ji Hye had always been going out for almost every day, leaving him alone at home. Kai knew it was what he wanted, but it felt so wrong. Ji Hye always prepares breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but at the time between, she would be nowhere to be seen. And magically, when the lunch time or dinner time comes, she’s be at home preparing everything.

 

 

Kai realized that he hadn’t been eating out for quite a while. He had gotten used to the foods Ji Hye prepared. He had gotten used to the tea she make for him every day, and he had gotten used to the feeling of being taken care of, all thanks to Ji Hye.

 

 

 

And if he didn’t make a move, he might be losing Ji Hye, sooner or later.

 

 

 

 

 

It was a beautiful morning. Kai had just got up from bed, only to find Ji Hye cooking for their breakfast. He shook his head, and smiled bitterly.

 

 

 

I hate seeing you doing this for me every day despite me treating you badly.

 

 

And with that, he decided that he’d better do something for her. He took his phone and dialed the number.

 

“Good Morning, Secretary Im, I’ll not be going to work today. Handle everything for me, thank you very much.”

 

 

A grin was plastered on his face.

 

 

 

 

I’m back. Kim Jongin is back.

 

 

 

 

“Good morning, Kai. I’ve finished preparing your breakfast as well as your suit. Let’s eat, or you’ll be late for work.” Ji Hye said while placing the dishes at the table. Kai sat on the chair and Ji Hye put a cup of tea in front of him. Kai looked at her, with no expression.

 

“I’m not going to work today.” He said while taking a sip of his tea. Ji Hye tensed, and hurriedly put her hand on his forehead.

 

“You’re not sick.”

 

“I am not.”

 

“Then why are you not going to work?”

 

“I need you to go somewhere with me.”

 

“But I have to go with Hyun-“

 

“Please. Only today.”

 

“….okay.”

 

 

 

 

It was an hour ride before they reached the destination. It was a villa located at the beach area. The villa was big, and it has a mini pool inside. Kai drove his car towards the garage and the main gate automatically opened.

 

Kai got out of the car, followed by Ji Hye.

 

“What are we doing here, Kai?” She asked as she scanned the villa. Beautiful trees and flowers everywhere, and the serene environment.

 

“I think both of us need time to rest, so I guess this is the perfect place.” Kai answered. An old man suddenly appeared from beside the villa. Kai’s face lightened up, and he hurriedly hugged the old man. The old man laughed and patted his back, his eye smile could be seen.

 

“Mr. Cho! How are you?!” Kai asked him, arm still on the elder’s shoulder.

 

“I’ve been good, Young man. I was shocked when I received your call. It’s been a while since you last visited this villa.. what brings you here? Woah, you even bring a beautiful lady here. Who is she?” The elder turned his attention to Ji Hye.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, Sir. I’m Ji Hye.” Ji Hye bowed politely with a smile on her face.

 

“Yes, Mr. Cho.. I’m finally here after all those works. I planned on having fun here, and she is Ji Hye, my wife.” Kai said.

 

“Oh  I see.. She’s beautiful! You’re a lucky guy, Kai. Treat her well, arasseo? Since you’re here already.. I shall go back to my house. Have fun, here’s the keys.” Mr. Cho patted Kai’s back once again, and handed him the villa keys. Kai smiled and bowed at him, and Ji Hye did the same. The elder man smiled at them both before going out of the villa.

 

“He’s Mr. Cho. He takes care of this villa and he lives at that house across this villa. Can you see it?” Kai walked closer to Ji Hye and pointed at the small house across the villa. Ji Hye nodded.

 

“Ah~ I see. Does he live alone?” Ji Hye suddenly asked.

 

“He lives with his family. His wife is not feeling well today, that explains why he couldn’t show you around as he needs to get back sooner. Let’s get inside, then.”

 

Ji Hye reluctantly followed Kai inside. The living room was huge, and the kitchen was huge as well, filled with so many cooking utensils. Ji Hye smiled at the sight.

 

“Is this place nice?” Kai asked as he plopped himself at the cozy couch and the television.

 

Yeah, thanks for bringing me here. I love being here so much. This place is really comfortable.” Ji Hye smiled while looking at another side of the villa.

 

“You’re welcome. And the rooms are upstairs, by the way.” Kai said while switching the television channels.

 

Ji Hye walked to the second floor, there are 4 rooms there. She decided that the first floor was more interesting, so she walked downstairs. But then it popped in her mind that Mr. Cho’s wife was not feeling well today, so she approached Kai.

 

“Kai, you told me that Mr. Cho’s wife is not feeling well.. I mean.. why don’t we visit her?” Ji Hye asked while fondling with her fingers. Kai looked up at her.

 

 

She cares so much?

 

 

“Good idea. Let’s visit Mrs. Cho. But before that, we need to buy some stuffs for them before visiting, don’t you think so?”

 

 

Ji Hye’s face lit up and she nodded with a big grin. Kai’s heart beat quickened, and that moment he swore he loved how her face lit up, and without him realizing, he made a promise to himself, that he would do anything to see that expression again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai never knew making her smile would make him feel so good.