5

Arranged Marriage with Kai

 

Ji Hye was cleaning the entire house when Kai walked out of their room with his simple tee and jeans. Kai was once again stunned at how good Ji Hye was at cleaning. He had never expected her to be this hard-working, moreover when she came from an upper class family. He made a note to himself, that this kind of girl is hard to find.

“You know, we can always hire a butler to do this cleaning and stuffs. You don’t need to handle this by yourself.” Kai voiced as he took his car key on a table.

“It’s okay, I can do this by myself. I have nothing to do anyway. Are you going somewhere?” Ji Hye asked, as she looked at where Kai was standing. He was texting someone over the phone and just nodded at her question.

“Be careful, then. Are you going to be back on lunch time?” Ji Hye asked. This time she was looking at Kai. Kai seemed to be done with texting, and he nonchalantly replied, “No, I won’t be back until night. I’ll be going, bye.”

He only took a glance at her before leaving.

 

 

 

 

Kai entered a café and his eyes immediately searched for that certain someone. He found her, sitting calmly while sipping her coffee on the corner of the café. He smiled, and made his way to where she was sitting.

“Son Na Eun, did you miss me?” Kai asked confidently, while sitting himself on the chair in front of the girl.

“Kim Jong In, or often called as Kai, I heard you’re married. I hate you for that.” Na Eun slowly turned her attention to Kai who was grinning ear to ear while looking at her.

“Don’t be jealous. You know it was an arranged marriage, and I don’t even know her.” Kai made a gesture at the waiter and the waiter immediately came over.

“A cup of hot tea, please.”  Kai said.

“Anything else?” The waiter asked.

“That’d be all.”

The waiter bowed and went to get the hot tea.

 

Kai and Na Eun were not in an official relationship, but they both knew that they need each other. Na Eun were out of town for some personal reasons but then she heard the news that Kai were getting married that she brought herself back to the place where Kai was that time, to meet him and ask for his explanations.

 

“Spill.” Na Eun said with a firm gaze. She hated losing more than anything in this world.

“Our parents’ arranged this marriage and there’s no way I can back out. I just found out that we actually went to the same high school, though, but I still couldn’t figure out who she really is.”

“Is she.. a nice girl?”

“I don’t know, but I’m quite sure she’s not the typical bad girl though.” Kai had no idea why he said that.

“So I assume that.. she left a good impression on you?”

Kai just shrugged.

“Did you guys.. did ‘that’?” Na Eun asked carefully. Kai furrowed his eyebrows and laughed.

“Of course we didn’t! Stop being jealous because she doesn’t mean anything to me. I’ll find out the solution to this.” Kai assured her.

His hot tea arrived. Kai took a sip while listening intently at Na Eun.

“You better find the solution as soon as possible. How do I face our friends in the future?” Na Eun said. Irritation was evident in her tone.

“Leave it to me. It shouldn’t be a big problem, and we’ll be together in the future.” Kai said as he kissed her hand.

Na Eun smiled, satisfied. She couldn’t hide the insecurity she felt though.

“I’ll be going out of town, and I don’t know when I’ll be back. But I’ll try to make time and meet you. Make sure you won’t fall for her.” She warned.

“I’ve never thought of falling in love with her. Have faith in me.” Kai assured.

“So.. before I leave.. Do you love me?”

 

 

That question had caught Kai off-guard.

 

He never had the answer to that question everytime she asked him that. He always had the reason to say, but this time- he knew he can’t avoid it anymore.

 

Love?

 

He needed her. He liked her. She was everything every guy ever wanted, and he knew it. He felt proud having her by his side. But love?

 

“Yes, I love you.” Kai finally answered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

..Only to make her feel better and stop asking questions.