13

Arranged Marriage with Kai

 

Sehun left soon after that. Ji Hye took Kai’s shoes off and put on a blanket on him. She sat beside the bed, watching him, just in case he might need something.

The morning comes, and she thought that Kai wouldn’t need anything because he was sleeping soundly, so she went to sit on the couch on that room while resting her head on her arm.

 

 

 

It was 10 AM in the morning when Kai woke up. His head hurt a bit, probably hangover. He looked around, confused of how did he get home. The last thing he remembered was that he was at the bar with his best friend, Sehun, and now he’s at home? How come?

His attention immediately shifted into Ji Hye who was sleeping with the sitting position on the couch.

 

 

Did she wait for me, and take care of me the whole night?

 

 

Kai thought that it must be Sehun who brought him home last night. He cursed under his breath, he was planning of not going home last night but then he ended up being at home. Embarrassing, he thought.

He stood up, walking over to Ji Hye who was sleeping. She didn’t look comfortable, but she was sleeping anyway. Her arm must be hurt. She wasn’t using any blanket, and it must’ve been a cold yet rough night for her.

Kai hesitated but ended up calling Ji Hye.

 

“Ji Hye.. wake up…” Kai said softly. His still- hoarse voice was like the iest voice she had ever woken up to.

 

Ji Hye squinted her eyes and jumped a bit because Kai’s face was so close to her voice. Kai thought she looked cute, but then her puppy eyes caught his attention.

“Uh, Kai? When did you wake up?” Ji Hye asked Kai while tidying her slightly messy hair.

“I just woke up. Have you been sleeping here all night?” Kai asked.

“Uhm.. yes? Oh I’ll just make breakfast after I wash up. Wait a moment.” Ji Hye stood up and was about to go wash up when Kai immediately grab her wrist. Ji Hye spun around, looking at her wrist with a questioning look written all over her face.

“Actually, you don’t have to do that.”

“Uh?”

“I thought I’ve made it clear enough, that you don’t have to do this. You can enjoy your own life.” Kai said that smoothly.

 

Are you planning on making me cry again, Kai?

 

 

“As long as I’m still your wife by law, I’m still going to do my duties.” Ji Hye said.

“Starting from now on, you don’t have to explain everything to me. Don’t bother.” Kai said coldly.

“…….”

“Thank you for all you’ve done for me.” He thanked her, his voice full of sincerity.

“I won’t tell you anything. It was foolish of me thinking that you’d care. But let me do my duties as a wife, or I’ll feel bad for not doing my best. I’ll stop when you divorce me.” Ji Hye said, her voice weak, and... sad.

 

 

Do we have to end, just like this?

 

 

 

 

 

 

"고맙다는 말 하지 말아요 

Don't say that you are thankful

내 모든 사랑 주고 싶은데 

I want to give you all my love

이렇게 우리 남이 된다면 

If we become strangers like this

어떡해요 어떡해요 

What should I do, what should I do.."     -Tiffany- Because it's you.