7

Arranged Marriage with Kai

 

Days passed and Kai finally worked on the company. Kai often had to wake up early and immediately go to the company because of his works, but Ji Hye would wake up earlier than him to prepare breakfast. The point is, Ji Hye suffered together with Kai, because of his busy schedules that made her wake up early every day.

 

Kai once said that she didn’t have to prepare breakfast for him, but Ji Hye strongly declined, saying it’s healthier to eat home-cooked food. And as time passed by, he get used to eating food cooked by her. The tea he had every day was also special to him. He didn’t know the what was the reason, maybe because it was made of sincerity? He really had no idea.

 

But having her around him, made him felt good. It felt good to have someone cooking you food, serving you tea, asking how was work, and most importantly- it felt good to have someone waiting for you to get home.

Ji Hye did all of those above with a light heart. She didn’t feel burdened at all, because all she wanted, was to be right beside him.

 

 

To make sure he had his meal, to make sure he had enough rest, to make sure he was comfortable, to make sure he was healthy.

And Kai felt all her effort. Even though he didn’t know what’s the reason of her doing that.

Kai had always thought that ‘home’ was where his parents are. Nothing was wrong with that, though. But lately, being with Ji Hye made him feel better. A whole better. Everything changed, but strangely- in a good way.

They didn’t really talk a lot, they often kept the words to themselves. Only simple conversations, and silence. But both of them didn’t feel that it was a bad thing. Otherwise, everthing felt right.

 

 

 

 

 

Kai was working when suddenly Na Eun barged in without knocking. Kai was a little annoyed by that, but he managed to smile at Na Eun who was fuming with anger. Seconds next, his secretary  followed inside while keeping her head down, saying “I’m sorry, Mr. Kim. I’ve told Miss Na Eun that you won’t be meeting anyone but I can’t stop this. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, you may go now.” Kai dismissed his secretary and his secretary scurried out hurriedly. Na Eun snorted.

“Where were you lately? You didn’t even contact me.” Na Eun said while sitting on the couch. Kai stood up, it was evident that he didn’t like this.

“You could’ve knocked before.”

“You haven’t answered my question.” Na Eun crossed her legs.

“I’ve been busy with my work.”

“But you could’ve called me once-“

“Okay, okay. Look, I’m sorry, okay?” Kai gave in. He hated this kind of conversation. He has a bad temper, and once he explodes, who knows what might happen. So might as well end this.

“Is it hard to call me, even once a day?” Na Eun frowned.

Kai sat beside her, holding her hand.

“I am sorry, okay? Please forgive me. I’ve been very busy with work, I think I’m going crazy soon.” He said.

“Let’s have a short vacation then. Ask for a permission from your Dad and we can have fun!” Na Eun said, excited.

Kai pondered for a few second.

“What are you thinking of? Your wife?” She asked again, it was apparent that she was jealous.

“Okay, let’s have a short vacation.” Kai answered.

 

 

He didn’t answer that question. It’s not that he didn’t listen, but it’s more like he was avoiding that question. It felt strange for him.

 

Is it okay to leave Ji Hye for a few days?

 

 

Is she going to be alright, being alone in the house while he was away? Because no matter how busy he was, he would always make sure he went home every night. He wanted to eat food cooked by her, he wanted tea made by her, he wanted someone waiting for him to come home.

 

And with him being away, means that she’s going to be alone. No one was going to make sure she was okay, like he did. Even without him realizing it, he didn’t want her to get hurt. What if something happens while he was away?

 

He was being selfish, and he knew that. With him going to a short vacation, leaving her alone at home, he was being a jerk.

So he decided to text her, saying that he wasn’t going to come home, that she should have fun while he was away.

He knew he was being selfish, but he had told her to have fun too, didn’t he?

 

 

 

At least he thought that he was being fair.

 

 

Without him knowing, Ji Hye was on the verge of crying when she received the text.

 

 

 

She knew Kai was going with a girl she didn't know. It hurts. She didn't want him to be out of her reach.

Is it okay to be selfish?

 

 

 

 

Kai, can you please…stay?

But he wouldn’t listen, anyway.