6

Arranged Marriage with Kai

 

Ji Hye decided that she should at least meet her friend and have fun instead of doing nothing at home. So she contacted Mi Young and said that they should go out and Mi Young immediately agreed. Ji Hye took a shower and changed into a white tee and skinny jeans. She tied her hair into a messy bun and took her shoulder bag, wore her flat shoes and went out of the house.

 

The girls agreed to meet at a coffee shop. Mi Young was already there by the time Ji Hye arrived, and she immediately went to hug Ji Hye.

“How’s your day? Did you have ‘fun’?” Mi Young asked, a little too excited, while wiggling her eyebrows. Ji Hye shook her head before saying, “Nothing happened. He don’t even know me, and I bet he can’t wait to end this marriage.”

Mi Young sighed.

 

“He doesn’t recognize you? He’s such a slow guy.” Mi Young commented. Ji Hye smiled bitterly. Mi Young was the only one whom Ji Hye trusted to kept this secret- that Ji Hye liked Kai.

Ji Hye took a sip of her orange juice that had been ordered by Mi Young, while her best friend was only poking her french fries.

“What’s with the gloomy mood? Cheer up! We shall have fun today!” Ji Hye said, poking Mi Young’s cheek while grinning ear to ear. Mi Young nodded happily, not wanting Ji Hye to be sad. Ji Hye’s right, they should be having fun instead of feeling gloomy!

“Okay! Let’s go noraebang (karaoke)  today! How’s that?” Mi Young suggested.

“Good idea!”

 

 

 

Kai went home to find that no one was inside the house. He immediately went inside their room and put the newly bought blanket there. He had it get it washed in the laundry before.

he house was surprisingly quiet. He decided that he should took a shower and he went in. He was almost done with shower when he heard a click, and he assumed that Ji Hye was home. He was right.

 

Kai found Ji Hye standing in front of the mirror, and watched her as she unties her hair. Her long wavy hair falls beautifully, and Kai couldn’t look away. He had to admit, that she captivated him.

Ji Hye turned around only to see Kai with his slightly wet hair. Her heart beat increased, and she looked at him dumbly. Kai too- was too stunned at her beauty that he couldn’t say anything.

The staring contest was finally over when Kai’s phone rang. Kai awkwardly took his phone on the couch and Ji Hye- awkwardly too- took her clothes and went to shower.

 

She couldn’t hear Kai’s conversation clearly but when she stepped out, she managed to hear Kai’s last sentence before he end the conversation.

 

 

 

“…No, Mom, I don’t think I can stay like this forever. I’ll try to find a solution to this without hurting both of us. You don’t need to worry about us, Mom. I don’t think she’d want to live in life like this too. Goodnight, Mom.”