14

Arranged Marriage with Kai

A/N: Hi readers!! Sorry that I haven't been updating although I actually logged into this account. I had just finised my mid term test not long ago, and I've been busy with assignments that I barely had the time to write T_T_T_T but since it's holiday these two days, I can finally update! I hope you enjoy! And thanks for the comments, [I love comments] hehehe~ although I may not reply one your comments one by one /because I may spam and that doesn't look good/ but I do read them! Or you can post on my wall or talk to me on twitter @deichiie I'll definitely reply!! Thankyou for the support, I love you all!! <3

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

They ate their breakfast in silence. Ji Hye hated herself for being like that, but love was the reason of everything she was doing. She ate her breakfast calmly, no emotion was showed.

 

“I ate well. Thanks for the breakfast.” Kai stood up and took his plate, he was about to wash it when Ji Hye stopped him, “I’ll wash that. Go do your business.” With that, Ji Hye took the plate from Kai’s hand and went past through him. Kai was dumbfounded, but he decided to shrug it off and he went to his room to change.

Ji Hye finished cleaning and went upstairs. She was about to open the bedroom door when her phone rang.

 

Lee Hyun Woo

 

“Hello?” She picked up the phone. Instead of opening the door, she went downstairs and sat on the couch.

“Hey, how are you today?” Hyun Woo’s cheerful voice brought a smile on her lips.

“I’m good, how about you?” Ji Hye asked back.

“I’m good too. Are you free today?”

“Yes, I am free today. Are you going to ask me out today?” Ji Hye teased and laughed.

“Woah, I am actually scared of you. Since when did you have the ability of reading people’s mind?” Hyun Woo pretended he was shocked.

“Haha~ I didn’t think you’re seriously asking me out.” Ji Hye said.

 

Kai was walking down the stairs while texting when he heard Ji Hye’s conversation with Hyun Woo.

 

“..yeah, okay. I’ll be ready in 10 minutes. What? You’re in front of my house already?! I’ll be fast. Sorry to make you wait, Hyun Woo ah!” Ji Hye immediately jumped and ran to the stairs, but then almost bumped into Kai who was standing in the middle of it. Kai’s expression was hard to read- that typical- poker face- expression.

 

None of them responded, until Kai groaned and went pass her. Ji Hye frowned, but then the thoughts of Hyun Woo waiting made her skidded up the stairs happily. Soon enough, the frown was gone.

 

 

Kai saw it. Kai saw it all.

Kai saw how happy she was while talking on the phone with Hyun Woo.

Kai saw how she had no expression on her face when he stared at her.

 

But then when he went pass her,

He saw how she smiled happily while going up.

But he failed to see her frown, because he was going pass her and that was when she frowned for a second.

 

He failed to see that the reason she’s staying on that house was him.

He failed to see that she tried her best to make him happy.

He failed to see that she was there all the time.

 

And..

 

It would not be good if he left before realizing the love he had been searching on was standing right in front of him.

He needed to realize that saying ‘I love you’ alone, didn’t give any guarantee.

‘I love you’ with action was better, way better than saying ‘I love you’ without any action.

He needed to realize that he could lose everything within a second, and regretting would be too late..

Kai saw her smiling while talking on Hyun Woo on the phone, but she didn’t see her smiling that happily when she was with him.

 

Is it because the tension he was giving?

 

And suddenly, Kai felt empty.

He didn’t know why, but from that moment on, he hated the fact that she smiled, and he was not the reason why.

He didn’t know why, but he felt irritated and he felt that Hyun Woo was his rival.

He didn’t know why, but he wanted to be the reason why she’s smiling.

 

He suddenly realized the way he treated her was not good, and she deserved better.

He didn’t know if he liked her, but at that moment- seeing her smile was the priority.

 

 

Was it too late?

 

 

Kai hoped not.

 

 

With a determined smile, Kai went out. He saw Hyun Woo leaning against his car. Kai smiled and nodded his head, making sure Hyun Woo knew that he recognized him. Hyun Woo smiled and nodded back, slightly confused.

 

 

Bring the game on, Lee Hyun Woo, Kai thought.

 

 

 

I, Kim Jongin- or known as Kai- definitely won’t lose.