12

Arranged Marriage with Kai

 

Kai was drinking at the bar with his best friend, Sehun. He couldn’t understand himself for getting so worried when he went home and Ji Hye wasn’t there. He couldn’t understand himself for being so mad when he saw her with another guy. He had never seen him before, and that guy turned out to be her childhood friend? Okay.

 

“So, best friend, I assume you’re jealous.” Sehun said, nudging Kai.

“Why would I be jealous? I have Na Eun.” Kai said.

“You are just toying with her, dude. I can see that.” Sehun fiddled with his phone.

“I am not toying with her.”

“Then, have you ever said that you love her or something like that? All I know is that you two are stuck to each other but with no strings attached.” Sehun added.

“I said that once to stop her from asking me irrelevant questions. But I honestly don’t think I meant that. I don’t know.” Kai kept on drinking.

“Stop that, dude. You might get drunk.” Sehun stopped Kai who was about to order more drinks. Kai looked slightly drunk.

 

 

“I went home just to find that the house was empty.. She was usually there, waiting for me.. I don’t know, man.. It’s weird that she wasn’t there.. Instead of waiting for me, she went with another guy, in that damn y dress.. What if she was taken advantage of? What if something bad happened? My head hurts..” Kai blabbered while resting his head on the table.

 

 

“Dude, I need to maintain myself. I need to stay sane. I need her tea, I need foods cooked by her. I can’t focus on that short vacation and instead of feeling relaxed, I felt tired. What has gotten into me? I know I’m selfish but I don’t know why.” Kai covered his face with his hands. He groaned and it was apparent that he’s tired.

 

 

“Damn, this guy is drunk. Dude, you’re going to have to pay me twice for tonight. This selfish bastard and his ego.” Sehun said and helped Kai to his car and drove him home.

 

It was 5 A.M when Sehun drove Kai home. Kai was slightly drunk, and he can’t even stand straight. Ji Hye who wasn’t sleeping at all opened the door, and she was shocked to death. Both of her eyes were swollen, and everyone who saw her would have thought the same; she had been crying.

 

“Hi! I’m Kai’s best friend, Sehun. Sorry for troubling you, this bastard has been drinking and I had to stop him.” Sehun said. He felt sorry for Ji Hye, he knew she must’ve been crying, and maybe- it was because of Kai.

 

 

 

 

 

This selfish bastard, Sehun thought. He needs to cherish what he’s got before it’s too late.