1

Arranged Marriage with Kai

 

“You are going to get married.”

Kai dropped the glass of water he was holding. He didn’t even bother cleaning the mess. Instead, he looked at his father with disbelief.

“You cannot back out. We have chosen the right person to be your wife, and we are sure you are not going to regret this. You have 2 more weeks before your wedding. I hope you can get closer to your soon-to-be wife and get along well. Don’t disappoint me, Kai. You’ve been playing around too much.”

Kai’s father said it all with finality, and he went back to his room. Kai had his fists clenched till his knuckles turned white. His mother came over and caressed his cheek. Kai immediately soften at his mother’s touch.

“My son, believe us. This is the best. You have to help your father in his company and you are going to need a company, and that person would be your wife. Your father meant no harm, Kai. Have faith.”

Mrs. Kim looked at her only son in the eyes with her soft gaze. Kai was speechless, but he didn’t say anything. He knew that no matter what, he would have to face the wedding.

 

 

 

 

 

He was supposed to spend time with his soon-to-be wife but he refused to. He insisted that he was only going to see her on the wedding day. Afterall, he had nothing to worry about since all the preparations had been done.

It was the day he wished he could erase from his life calendar. He didn’t feel even a bit interested of his wedding. He wasn’t even curious about what kind of girl his parents had chosen for him. All he wanted to do was putting an end on that day as soon as possible.

That’s when he saw her.

 

She walked towards him with a little smile on her face while looking at him, while he stared at her with his eyebrows furrowed.

 

She was naturally beautiful.

 

And surprisingly, he felt that familiar feeling; he thought he knew her.

 

At this sight, his heart beat faster than usual, but then, that’s when reality hits him;

 

 

 

He was waiting for someone; someone he truly loved. This wedding should not change anything, even his feelings.