This Beautiful Autumn Night

Boundaries of the Heart

The season was now autumn. The trees crisped into their beautiful coat of orange, yellow, and red. The air and breeze blended with the fall wind and danced through the trees. Lights were decorated onto each and every tree that made their way down the hospital entrance way. Yirin smiled and inhaled the delightful air. Autumn was her favorite season. Not only was it just absolutely beautiful and dashing, but it also contained her favorite day; today being that extra special day. 

Yirin walked into Joonmyun's room, but stopped once she heard Mr. Shim's intern working with Joonmyun. Yirin took a peek inside. She looked young, maybe 21, was fairly tall for an Asian woman, standing at 5'6, and was absolutely stunning. 

 

"Remember to take your prescription regularly and don't skip your meals," she advised, “Remember you're-” she looked up and saw Yirin at the door, "Oh hello." She faced her body towards Yirin and bowed, "I'm assuming you're here to pick up Joonmyun-sshi?"

 

Yirin nodded and allowed herself to enter the room.

 

The beauty smiled and nodded her head at Joonmyun, “I was just giving him some key notes so he won’t forget.” The younger girl wrote something on her clipboard and ripped out the paper, “Here’s a little remind so neither of you will forget.” She handed the note to Yirin, “He has a check up next week so if you have any questions just call Dr. Shim for more information.” 

 

Yirin nodded, then looked at Joonmyun. He was sitting in the hospital bed like a little lost kid. She smiled at him, getting his attention.

 

Joonmyun saw the smile that she had and as a reflex, gave her one back.

 

The younger saw the cute moment that the couple had and cleared . “Okay, well I guess I’ll be out of here.” She looked at Joonmyun and pat him on the shoulder, “Remember what I said. Watch what you eat, don’t do anything strenuous, and keep healthy okay? Be careful and take care of yourself.” she quickly reminded before leaving the two.

 

After she left, Yirin took a breath and bit her bottom lip in anticipation, “Ready to leave?”

 

Once they reached home, Joonmyun's senses were immediately greeted with the smell of the sweet cinnamon and pumpkin candles that she loved. The house was warm and glowed with an amorous glow. That's right, he thought to himself, It's autumn now; her favorite.

Yirin looked at him and laughed, "Come in, silly, " she pulled him in the house the warm house, "It's much warmer inside." She held onto his hand and lead him to the kitchen table, "I prepared some food already." She removed the lid to the concealed dishes.

Joonmyun's eyes widen at all the food, "Rice, banchan, kimchi, pork, egg rolls, stir-fried noodles, kimbap, bulgogi, and tofu soup?" he looked at her n disbelief, "Yirin-ah, isn't this a bit much?"

Yirin smiled and shrugged, "I guess I got a bit carried away." She laughed it off and set him down, "Let's eat!" she cheered happily. Yirin grabbed a pair of chopsticks and grabbed a piece of the pork then held it to his lips, "Ah~"

Joonmyun glowered at her in confusion.

She tilted her head, "Kim Joonmyun, don't be stubborn, " she pout, "Say-"

"Why are you doing this?" he asked with a broken voice, "Don't you love him anymore? Kris?"

 

Yirin gulped from his sudden answer. She put her chopsticks down and looked at the floor, "I don't know, " she confessed truthfully, "I really don't know anymore." 

 

Joonmyun looked at her with a wondering expression. Yirin took notice of this and lightly laughed, in a ridiculing manner, at herself. She stood up and paced in front of the table, "I'm pathetic, stupid, and indecisive." she mumbled shaking her head, still jeering at herself.

 

"Excuse me?" he scoffed in a disbelieved voice. "Han Yirin, you are perfect, beautiful, and charming." he stood up in front of her and lifted up her chin, "Your charms and quirks tugs onto the heart strings, making anyone fall in love." Joonmyun caressed his fingers to her bottom lips and looked into her eyes, "You are my love, my life, and my soul. Your decisions will always have my approval. Anything you do will be supported by me, and when I say anything you know that I mean it."

 

Yirin felt her eyes begin to burn with his fervent gaze. She felt so ungrateful and horrible for ever cheating on this perfect man. "Why?" she meekly questioned, "Why do you still love me?" she painfully asked. "Hate me, Joonmyun." she commanded, "Hate me and make me feel unwanted by you." She turned his back from him, "I don't deserve your love, not a bit of it."

 

Joonmyun was take aback. How could he ever loathe her? That was something that he was uncapable of doing.

 

"Please Joonmyun, " she turned around and begged as she held onto his hand, "Love someone else; not me." Her grasp on his hand loosened and she looked down, "Because I don't deserve it."

 

Joonmyun shook his head and held her face up lovingly, "You deserve everything." he emphasized. "It should be me that doesn't deserve you. I don't deserve your attention and affection like I have now. You are my queen and I am your peasant." He pressed his forehead with hers and closed his eyes, "But then you have your king in which I cannot be compared to; Kris. I am nothing like him. You've chosen your path and I will remain to be here, cheering you on and supporting each and every one of your opinions." He looked at her bittersweetly, "Don't be foolish Yirin." he uttered, "Don't be foolish."

 

Yirin looked into his crystal eyes and felt the familiar flutters of amazement. Then she knew; she was in love with her husband yet again. 

 

The affection and adoration that he showed her were sonnets to her heart. The devotion and fidelity he had towards her were so strong; she envied his faithfulness and she envied his love of her, wishing that she knew how to show it back. 

 

With close, small steps, Yirin went on her tippy-toes and gave Joonmyun a kiss. 

 

Shocked at first, Joonmyun pondered over the fact whether this was real or just all in his delusional mind. Nonetheless, he found himself melting in the kiss and enjoying it. He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her slender figure. He enfolded his arms around her waist and embraced his woman in his arms. 

 

"I love you, Joonmyun." she murmured within the fervor kiss. 

 

His heart sparked in a skittish manner. He looked into her doe eyes lovingly, "I love you too, Yirin." Joonmyun hoisted her up in his arms and carried her like the bride that she was. He led them to their room and set her on the bed. Joonmyun buried his head between her neck and shoulder. He inhaled her wondrous scent and let his face run in her silky, smooth hair, "I love you so much, Yirin. No matter what happens, I will always love you."

 

Yirin smiled as a heavy tear slipped out of the corner of her eye. 

 

Feeling the teardrop from the side of his head, Joonmyun's eyebrows knitted in worry, "What's wrong?" He lifted his head and saw the streak that the tear made onto her face. "Why are you crying?" he asked as he brought up his thumbs and swiped the teardrop away. 

 

Yirin shook her head and lightly giggled, "I don't know anymore, Joonmyun."

 

"Well at lease know this: I love you Han Yirin." Joonmyun smiled then kissed her, deepening it. Yirin wrapped her arms around his neck and hooked her legs around his waist. Feeling, the intensity rise, Joonmyun wrapped his arm around her waist and pushed their bodies up the bed. He looked into her eyes and kissed her forehead, "Let me show you how much I love you." he whispered in her ear. 

 

Yirin grinned and kissed his neck, "Happy anniversary, Joonmyun. I love you."

 

That night the food remained untouched and cold. It was a beautiful autumn night that will be remembered by the two forever. It was the night that brought them together as one. A union that every couple experiences together as a compromise and agreement with whole hearted affection. This was the night, this beautiful autumn night. 


Author's Note:

Oh gosh, that sounded so cheesy. But I hope you guys understand what went down. I just sorta wanted this to sound more poetic than anything. Anyway, thanks for all the subscribers and readers out there. Comments are appreciated