In Too Deep

Boundaries of the Heart

Everyday, she would look outside her window until she saw the young woman's face again. She'd walk out of the home to diligently search for her face, but wouldn't be able to find her. That was until today. After two weeks, Minrin had come back and she wasn't going to let this moment slip from her grasp. 

Casually strolling down the countryside, Hyesul walked towards Minrin. As she walked past the girl, she purposely bushed the young girl with her shoulders. "Oh!" She exclaimed, "I'm so sorry!"
 
Minrin turned to the older woman, "No, I'm the one who should be sorry." 
 
Hyesul pointed at Minrin's face, "Oh, aren't you the sweet girl that was kind enough to walk my son home?"
 
She smiled, "Yes I am," she bowed, "Hello Mrs. Kim, it's nice to see you again."
 
The older woman nodded, "Would you like to have tea or a cup of coffee at my house?" She asked, wanting to lure the girl in.
 
Minrin looked back at her home. It had almost reached its final product and she wanted to see its grand finale. "Actually, I'm—"
 
Hyesul pulled her arm, "Oh I insist! Joonmyun would be glad to have a girl over."
 
She chuckled dryly, as she was basically dragged to her house. Once they reached the doorstep, Minrin cleared , "I'm sorry but Joonmyun and I are just friends."
 
"Oh sweetie, you don't need to lie to me." She opened the door and pulled Minrin in, "I see how you look at him. How you wish you were his to keep." Minrin raised a brow at the woman. "I know you feel threatened by Yirin, but unlike her you have my approval."
 
Upon hearing his mother and another voice, Joonmyun came down the stairs. He looked at Minrin then narrowed his eyes at his mother. "Mother, what are you doing?"
 
She rolled her eyes, "Again, what did I tell you about calling me that?"
 
He walked towards the two women, "Did you really go lure her here?"
 
She looked at her son, "I didn't lure her," his mother shrugged, "She willingly came by herself."
 
Minrin awkwardly laughed, "I'm sorry, I'm feeling really uncomfortable here. Maybe I should leave."
 
"Yeah, and I'll go with you." Joonmyun looked at his mother, "Mother, you can't be bringing girls here. Especially Minrin, she's a very busy woman."
 
"That's great!" She said with bright eyes, "That means she won't have time to cheat on you like someone else did."
 
Joonmyun frowned at his mother's remark. Minrin clasped her hands together then turned to the older woman, "This is a great offer, really it is, but I'm not interesting in Joonmyun." She said honestly. 
 
"See," Joonmyun pointed, "She's having none of it."
 
"I'm pregnant anyway." She included.
 
Slowly, he turned his attention towards her, "What?"
 
Hyesul widened her eyes, "What?!"
 
Minrin smiled, "Yes, I'm pregnant and I think I've found someone that loves me already. So if you'll excuse me I've got to go to that person." She walked away from the two and out of the house. She smiled to herself, thinking about Kyungsoo, then looked straight away at her new home. She had walked all the way to her car but stopped to admire the construction, "I'll come back," she promised, "But first there's someone I need to see."

 

"How is she?"
 
Kyungsoo stopped flipping through paperwork. He hesitated, not knowing how to answer the man's question. He didn't know whether he should tell the other of Minrin's pregnancy, or have her tell it to him. Kyungsoo looked at Jongin, "She's doing great," he partially lied, "I haven't seen her in a while but last time I checked she was very healthy."
 
Jongin nodded, "That's good to hear. I hope she lives a good life. She deserves someone who will love her and treat her right." He looked down at the handcuffs around his wrists, "Someone unlike me."
 
Kyungsoo put his files down, "Kim Jongin-sshi," once the younger looked at him, he continued. "She's pregnant, Minrin's pregnant." He assured. 
 
Jongin's eyebrows slowly raised, "Pregnant?"
 
Kyungsoo nodded, "Her pregnancy is pretty recent and it's your child." He boldly looked in Jongin's eyes, "I don't want to lie to you, so I'll tell you the truth now." He sighed, "I've been seeing Minrin. Ever since your case started I've been attracted to her. I can't say that she feels the same way with me, but in my heart I know the feelings are mutual." 
 
"What?" Jongin pound his hands on the table, "How could you?!"
 
"Just a second ago you were hoping that someone better than you would love and cherish her!" Kyungsoo shouted back, "The time that I've shared with Minrin, never have I laid my hands on her with aggression or anger. You will be in prison for fifteen years, Jongin. She's baring a child alone. How faithful do you expect her to be to you—the man who chronically abused her and even her?"
 
Jongin felt angry tears fall down, "I know that! I know that she hates me!" He rakes his hands through his hair, "I'm just—I'm glad that she has someone like you to love her and watch over her. But at the same time I'm so envious of you. You're smart and you have a great life ahead of you." He slumped down in his seat, "I just wished I hadn't up my life by getting in the business." He looked at Kyungsoo, "I'm putting my trust in you to watch over Minrin and my child. Love the baby like it is your own. I'm giving you permission to take Minrin. She is the only person that I've ever truly loved, so don't make me regret my choice."
 
The guard came in, "Time to wrap it up." The man pulled Jongin up.
 
"The trial starts next week," Kyungsoo reminded, "I wont be able to see you until then so prepare everything that we've talked about."
 
Jongin nodded, "I will, and remember what I told you."
 
The guard took Jongin away. Kyungsoo sat in the room and folded his hands and rested them on his upperlip. He inhaled deeply from his nostrils then exhaled out of his lips. He felt great relief, however he still felt anxious. "What is going on," he asked himself. Finally packing his files in his suitcase, he stood up and left the room. He felt a heavy weight lift off of his shoulders, but his heart was sunken and heavy.
 
 
The nurse shook her head, "For the last time, we do not have any information of a patient name Kim Joonmyun. And even if we did, I am not allowed to give you personal information about him."
 
Yirin sighed, "Please, he's my husband. I need to find him."
 
The nurse shook her head, "Then I suggest you either call the police or look at another hospital."
 
Yirin looked down and nodded. She walked away from the reception and towards the elevator. From the corner of her eye, she saw a familiar looking old man and grew suspicious. He had his legs crossed and was reading a newspaper. Yirin walked over to him and took the newspaper away. "Jeon-sshi!" She gasped. 
 
Jeon stood up, "Hello Ms. Yirin," he looked at the open elevator, "It was nice seeing you but I've got to go." He hurriedly retrieved to the elevators but was pulled back by her.
 
"Wait, please!" She didn't care if she was getting stares from people, she needed to speak to the man. "Jeon-sshi, please tell me where Joonmyun is. I need to see him, have mercy please." She begged.
 
The old man shook his head, "I am afraid I cannot tell you where he is. Mrs. Kim ordered me to not speak to you, yet here I am." He bowed, "I hope you understand." He went inside the elevator and pressed a button to shut the doors.
 
Yirin held her tears back. Screaming and begging was already enough of a disturbance, crying would be too embarrasing. She bit her lower lip and kept her tears in. She pressed the elevator door and waited. Right when the doors opened, she felt someone tap her on the shoulder. She looked back and saw Minrin.
 
Minrin looked at the other woman and saw how distraught she was. Her hair was in a messy bun and she looked like her day was a hurried schedule. She had bags under her eyes and was noticeably thinner. She smiled at Yirin, "You've helped me, so now I'll help you."
 
Yirin's eyebrows softened, "What are you talking about?"
 
"I know where Joonmyun's at." Before Yirin could throw another fit, Minrin continued, "His mother kept him at their home in Hampyeong, coincidentally, they're my neighbors. Their house is the one on the right, just an acre or two from mine."
 
Yirin hugged her, "Thank you so much, Minrin." She let out a heavy sigh as her tears fell, "Thank you so, so much. I don't know how to repay you."
 
Minrin shook her head, "Don't, you've already done so much." She pat Yirin on the shoulder, "Go see him because he misses you just as much as you miss him."
 
Yirin nodded and let go. She hurriedly pushed the elevator button and quickly entered once it opened. 
 
 
Minrin sighed from her aching body. She rolled her neck, feeling immense relieve after it popped. Today oddly felt like such a long and exhausting day. She took a breath of the cold, winter air as she saw her breath fog up the air. Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped securely around her waist. She loud gasped at the person's hold. 
 
"Long day at work?" 
 
Minrin turned around and saw Kyungsoo. She clucked her tongue then hit him on the arm, "You scared me."
 
Kyungsoo laughed then pulled her back in a hug. Together they walked, "Did you know that unborn babies can feel, see and hear?"
 
Minrin scoffed, "Of course, that's common sense." She lean on her head on his, "Everyone knows that."
 
Kyungsoo rested his hands on her flat tummy, "So spend time your belly and talking to your baby in the womb." Minrin slowed down as he felt his hands. "The baby is still young, but it's never to early to get to know him." He cleared his throat, "Hello baby~" he chooed in a high pitched voice, "Please recognize my voice~"
 
She felt a pang in her chest. Her heart sank realizing how Kyungsoo was so loving with her baby. That familiar feeling came back: the dirt and tainted soles inside of her had reached on the surface of her heart and they weren't going to leave. The feeling that she hoped would have disappeared came back and it was slowly beginning to swallow her whole.
 
"There are some suggestions that baby boys secrete a chemical that causes the mother to eat more during pregnancy."
 
Minrin snapped out of her thoughts, “So?”
 
Kyungsoo grinned then turned his body to her. He looked at her while walking backwards, “Have you been eating a lot?”
 
Minrin narrowed her eyes at him, “I eat more than usual, but that’s only because I’m pregnant and eating for two now.”
 
​He held her hands and walked by her side, "Well let’s hope that we have a son then."
 
That’s when she realized that he was in too deep. Minrin slowly looked at him, "We?"
 
Kyungsoo gulped and awkwardly chuckled, "Oh...Did I say that?" He ruffled his hair, "Um, I meant you." He held her hands, "Did you eat yet?"
 
"Actually," she pulled back her hands and buried them in her coat pockets. "I'm meeting my cousin today." Minrin saw how Kyungsoo's shoulders visually fell, but she continued, "She just recently got married and she's in town." She redirected her eyes to his, "Sorry," she softly said.
 
Kyungsoo laughed and shook his head, breath fogging in the December air, "It's fine, family always comes first." His chuckle faded, "I should walk you to your car."
 
She shook her head, "My car is just right there. You should probably walk to yours, it's cold out tonight."
 
He nodded, sensing the awkwardness. He held the sides of her head and gently placed a kiss on her forehead, "Good night, drive safely."
 
His back was at a distance but he'd turn around and send her a few waves and a beautiful smile. Minrin would laugh and wave back at him. Little did he know, tears were her eyes and slowly leaking down her face. As he sent his final wave, Minrin got in the car and sat there. For a minute straight, she sat in the seat. Not blinking, not moving, hardly even breathing. She mistakenly inhaled then a crash of tears and cries hit her. She threw her hands to her face and cried, she cried until every little weight that her heart carried slowly shredded off.
 
Kyungsoo was just in too deep. She loved him, no doubt about it, but she felt like it was a sin to love him. She didn't want to push his love away, but she was also too afraid to accept it. Minrin knows that Kyungsoo and Jongin were two completely different man, but Kyungsoo was just too different. He was too loving and too sweet; too good to believe. He was like a porcelain doll and she was robber. It was something that she prized and love, but it wasn't hers to keep. Kyungsoo wasn't for her, he was too perfect for someone as flawed as her. 
 
Finally collecting herself, she wiped her tears and took a depe breath. "I've got to get out of here."

Happy New Years everyone! I'm sorry my updates are terrible! Anyway, I'd like to tell everyone that the ending is near. I think just a few more chapters and this story will be coming to a closure. 

Let's Talk About The Story:

So Mama Kim's little dating get-together obviously didn't go as planned on her part. Jongin gave Kyungsoo permission to have Minrin, how do you guys feel about that? Now Yirin knows where Joonmyun is, what do you guys think will happen? *THAT XXX!* loljkayno! Anyway, what is Minrin going to do D:

Upvotes and comments are extremely motivating!

tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg.gif