Time

Boundaries of the Heart

Kyungsoo was pissed. He was not an aggressive or spiteful man at all, but with Kim Jongin he was. It had been a week since he found out that he was going to be Jongin's lawyer, and he was not excited about meeting the man whatsoever. He sighed as he entered the building to question Jongin. Kyungsoo passed the guards and entered the room where Jongin was detained. He looked at the door and took a deep breath, "Might as well get used to it now," he told himself. There was going to be a lot more meet ups and hating the guy was not going to make them any easier. He opened the door and sat down in front of Jongin. "Hello, I'm Do Kyungsoo and I will be your lawyer." Kyungsoo looked at him and noticed how the man looked completely zoned out. "I am speaking to you, I expect your"

"I heard you," Jongin said under his breath as remained slouching down.

Kyungsoo looked at the guy in frustration. He opened his suitcase and took out some of Jongin's files. "Okay, it says here that you're being charged with owning an illegal plantation, meth lab, and a ion ring." 

"I didn't do any of that." Jongin mumbled.

"What was that?" Kyungsoo asked, trying to push Jongin's buttons. "If you have something to say then speak up."

Jongin sat up in his seat and leaned closer across the table, "I. Did not. Do. Any. Of that." He articulated.

Kyungsoo laughed, "Really? You didn't commit any of these crimes?" He began to chortle sarcastically, "That's unbelievable."

"I didn't do anything!" Jongin shouted.

Kyungsoo stopped and gave the younger man an intimidating glare, “Did you or did you not engage in the imports of these illegal drugs?” He questioned the criminal.

“I did not!” Jongin confessed.

 

“Did you or did you not turn those girls into es?” He asked, getting more and more infuriated with his client.

 

“I didn’t! I didn’t do any of those things!” Jongin defended angrily.

 

“Why are you so stubborn?!” Kyungsoo yelled as he raked his hands though his hair roughly. “You have here, on your criminal records, multiple counts of drug dealing and is convicted of the monitoring of ion yet you dare deny all these cold hard evidences?!”

 

“Goddammit!” Jongin pounded the table, “I didn’t do anything as they said!” Jongin shouted back.

 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and sat in his seat, “Is that so?” He sat up straight and folded his hands together, “Explain yourself then Kim Jongin-sshi.”

 

Jongin took a deep breath, “We were sectioned off. I was in charge of luring girls and giving them to Sehun. Sehun was the one in charge of ing the girls and keeping a close watch on them. Tao was the one that controlled all the drugs and and where they go and who they go to. Tao and Sehun worked hand-in-hand; Tao would give Sehun the drugs and Sehun would drug the girls and get them addicted to them. My only job was to select and bring the girls. That was it!” He explained truthfully.

 

Kyungsoo leaned forward, “But your record says

 

“We made this pact that if one of us was going down, we all would.” He pulled down his orange jump suit to show Kyungsoo the wolf tattoo on his left bicep. “Sehun was busted that time and he confessed. That idiot,” Jongin sneered as he pulled his jumpsuit up. “That’s why I have that on my record. Yes I crank with them and all but when it comes to the dirty stuff, I don’t get involved with it.”

 

Kyungsoo scowled at him. This kid was actually quite intelligent if you remove his filthy past; he just did stupid things. He looked at Jongin, “Do you all have that tattoo?” He younger man nodded. He smirked and leaned over to Jongin, “I’m not telling you that you won’t be serve time. But compared to your friends, you won’t have such a harsh punishment.”

 

“So I’m still gonna go to prison?” Jongin asked.

 

Kyungsoo scoffed, “Of course you will! After all the you pulled of course you’ve gotta serve for being involved! However, if you testify with your tattoo and the exact same story you told me, there’s a chance you will get a reduced sentence.” Kyungsoo stood up and packed his things back in his suitcase, “I’ll see you next week so I can take a picture of your tattoo, and anything else that you need to speak of,” he shut his suitcase, “Don’t even hesitate to tell me.” Kyungsoo made his way to the door and opened it.

 

“Wait,” Jongin called from the cold, metal chair.

 

Kyungsoo looked back, “Yes?”

 

Jongin turned to him, “Thank you,” he thanked, “Really.”

 

Kyungsoo directed his eyes elsewhere and nodded, “I am your lawyer, aren’t I? It’s my job to protect your rights.” He exited from the door with a grin, Maybe it won't be so bad. He told himself.

 

 

Yirin rolled over and inhaled the naturally fresh scent of her husband. She leaned in closer to him, being held in his embrace. She smiled; never will she ever get tired of waking up every morning to his warm hugs. 

 
Then she heard a muffled painful groan slip out of his lips. Yirin opened her red and looked at Joonmyun, "Hm?"
 
"It hurts," he murmured with a pained expression on his face. 
 
Yirin sat up, "If it hurts when you hold me, then why touch me in the first place?" She asked with her arms crossed, a bit offended. She wasn't heavy. Or so she thought. 
 
Joonmyun's hands trailed up to his chest and his body began to curl into a fetus position. "It hurts Yirin," he groaned as he began to hyperventilate. "It hurts," Joonmyun began to violently shake as he gripped onto the bed sheets. He gasped for air as if a boulder was crushing his body.
 
Yirin began to panick, "Joonmyun-ah!" Trepidation began to envelope her. She's never see him, or anyone of that matter, have a heart attack before so this was tremenduously frightening for her. She reached over him and grabbed the home phone on the night table. She dialed 911 and held his hands as tears began to rim her eyes.
 

 

Minrin waited patiently outside her architect's office. She didn't know who it was, since her cousin made the call, but she hoped that the person was great. Before her mother died, Minrin inherited a beautiful chunk of land in Hampyeong and wanted to back a home in the countryside for herself. She smiled, I can finally get started on our house, mom. She thought.

 

A young woman stood before her with a forced smile, "Sorry, an issue came up so she won't be here today. However, if you'd like to reschedule it that'll be wonderful."

 

Minrin stood up, "Is that so?" She looked down and sighed, "That's fine. Can we reschedule anytime next week?"

 

Hayeon nodded, "Yes, I will look through Mrs. Han's agenda to see if we can make another appointment for you."

 

"Mrs. Han?" Minrin questioned to herself. Hayeon bowed and showed her the way out. Minrin bowed back and thanked her for her time. She made her way to her car and unlocked it with the push of a button. As soon as she sat in, a sort of chill ran down her back. Something about today didn't feel right. She shook the feeling away and took a deep breath, "It's nothing, Minrin. Stop thinking too much."

 

 

 

It feels like it's been so long since she's been here. Now that she thought about it, she hated this place. Yirin nibbled on her thumb nail in anxiety. She didn't want to be at the hospital. She has had too many bad memories of this place to be able to appreciate it. She folded her hands together and prayed that Dr. Shim would have the least bit of good news for her.

 
As Yirin rocked back and forth, fidgeting in her seat, a tap on her shoulder brought her back to earth. She turned back, hoping it was Dr. Shim, but instead it was the person she least wanted to see; Hwang Minrin. "Min"
 
 
"What are you doing here?" Minrin asked with huge, curious yet worried eyes, "Is Joonmyun fine?"
 
Somehow she knew this woman just had this huge crush on her husband, she wasn't making it hard to see anyway. Yirin stood up, "The conditions of my husband," she emphasized, "Is nothing of your concern."
 
Minrin sighed, she was right. Minrin was nothing to him and she needed to realize that. "I" she stopped mid-sentence and bowed.
 
Yirin looked behind her and saw Dr. Shim. "Hello Dr. Hwang," he greeted, "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be working?" The elder asked.
 
Minrin nodded, "I was just chatting with a former patient of mine." She bowed again, "I'll leave you two alone." She turned to the elevator and got on.
 
Yirin directed her attention to the doctor, "How is he?"
 
"As you know, he is nearly 2 months in." Dr. Shim informed her. Yirin hitched a breath, a truth she didn't want to know. "He is at a very crucial and life threatening stage. At any time, he could be gone. With the rate he's going, I'm sorry to say but I don't think he would even need another month. It could strike him at any time."
 
Yirin began to tear up to his words. "Is there really no cure for it?" She asked, "Nothing at all?"
 
He shook his head, "I'm sorry." He pat her on the back and left her in the waiting room.
 
 
Yirin sat down on the sofa and massaged her head with a heavy heart. Why was time was so limited and unfair? She just fell back in love with him and already his life was ending. She closed her eyes, wishing countless times that it was a twisted dream that she was having. Her phone began to ring and vibrate in her purse. She sighed and dug her hand in and retrieved the phone, "Hello?" She answered groggily.

"I missed you, baby."

Yirin's throat ran dry. She suddenly couldn't speak. All the nerves in her body went numb and she felt paralyzed in the hands. "Kris?" She asked.

"Of course," he chuckled over the phone, "I missed you so much. I just got off the plane, I'll see you in at home in a bit okay? Love you, Yirin." Then he hung up.

Yirin heard the call end and stared at her phone. Was Kris already back? Why did it feel so soon? She checked the date on her phone ad realized that a week has most certainly passed by. She sighed, everything was happening way too fast for her. She cursed Kris for being such a man of his words. Yirin threw her head back and let it hit the hospital walls, "What do I do?"

As if the lord were on here side, she received a phone call. She looked at the caller I.D. and saw that it was Hayeon. Yirin picked up with great urgency, "Hayeon-ah!"

"How's Joonmyun?" She asked.

Yirin shut her eyes, "The doctor says he should be fine but Hayeon I need you to do me a really, really, really, big favor please, please, please!" She begged.

Hayeon laughed, "What is it?"

"I need you to go to my condo and stall Kris."

Hayeon choked on her laugh, "Excuse me?"


So school is here again and I just thought I'd update again. Sorry, I was trying (but failed epically) to not procrastinate on my AP summer work. 

Let's Talk About The Story:

Now that you all know the story behind Kai, what are your opinions??? Time is ticking for our sweet Joonmyun allthewhile Kris is back in the story! Hayeon is ordered to go stall Kris :O What do you think will happen? Lol I see that we have some HayeonxKris shippers out there lol I love it!

Please subscribe, comment, and upvote!