Lies

Boundaries of the Heart

A few days afterwards, Joonmyun was discharged from the hospital. Yirin went out of her ways to pick him up, of course without telling Kris. She waited by the lobby as the nurse strolled him on a wheelchair.

“Yirin?” Joonmyun cleared his vision as he stood up. He thanked the nurse and  bowed to the her then walked toward Yirin, “What are you doing here?” he asked with widen eyes.

 

Yirin smiled at him, “A hi would have been nice,” she joked. 

 

“What are you doing here?” he asked again, “Don’t you have work today?” As long as he can remember, work and Kris were the things that mattered to her the most.

 

She shook her head, “Nope, finished the next assignment already so I’m free all day today,” she said proudly.

 

“But why are you going to spend it with me?” he asked, a bit skeptical.

 

“Why not?” she shrugged.

 

“What about Kris?” he replied as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“What about him?” 

 

“Before I got hospitalized, we were planing on a divorce right? So that you can be with Kris?” he reminded.

 

Yirin’s smile diminished. She looked down at her feet for a second then lifted her head, “Maybe we should hold that divorce for a while.” she said slowly.

 

Joonmyun narrowed his eyes in disbelief, “Why?” Why did she suddenly just change her mind about this? She was the one who brought on the topic, right? So why does she now want to put it on hold. He was confused yet relieved. Regardless of her cheating on him, he still loved her. The reason why he didn’t tell her about his heart problem was because he knew it would just be a nuisance for her perfect life with Kris. As long as she was happy, then he will remain content, even if he is hurting inside.

 

“I just want to.” she meekly replied. She lifted her head again but with a smile, “C’mon, let’s go get something to eat. I’m sure you’re tired of the bland hospital food.” She took his hands and lead him to the way to her car.

 

As soon as they got in, Yirin smiled and happily got in her seat, “Ah, doesn’t sushi just sound delicious right now?” she turned to him and asked with a cheeky grin plastered on her face. Both of them knew that he was a hardcore sushi lover; anytime was a perfect time of sushi in his world. However he tried his best not to give in.

 

“I’m not hungry,” he lied terribly.

 

“Kim Joonmyun, I’ve been married to you long enough to know when you are lying. Especially when it comes to sushi.” she clicked her tongue, “So stubborn.” she playfully hissed.

 

Joonmyun turned his head from her a cracked a smile. She still remembers.

 

Chanyeol impatiently tapped his foot as he waited in line for his order. “What are the odds that everyone in the office likes bubble tea aside from Sehun and Luhan?” he muttered to himself. 

“Order #12!” the cashier announced.

 

Chanyeol looked at his receipt then stepped up. 

 

“Order #12?” she asked.

 

Chanyeol nodded, “Yep,” he handed her the receipt and cash, “Keep the change.” He carried the four cup trays of bubble tea with steady hands and carried them out of the store. “See Park Chanyeol, this is what Baekhyun means when you talk way to ing loud.” he cursed at himself. “Should’ve just gotten my lazy up or something, but no, I just gotta shout it out from across the office.” He sighed and unlocked his car. He placed the trays on top of his car and opened the door. 

 

He carefully placed the trays on the passenger seat and got in the car. “I swear, this will be the last time I am doing for any of them.” he ranted. “So damn annoying.” he stopped at the red light and rested his head on his hands. “Why am I so generous anyway? I mean I should-” he stopped once he saw a familiar person. 

 

Chanyeol sat up from his seat and narrowed his eyes, “Hey,” he looked closer, “Isn’t that Kris’s girlfriend? Dammit what’s her name again?” He snapped his fingers, trying to remember, “Yuri? Yumi? Harin? Gyuri?” he hissed, “Nah, that’s not it. It’s-” Sudden realization hit, “Yirin! That’s it, Yirin.” He chuckled, “Hey, I was close enough.”

 

He proceeded looking at her, “What is she doing at broad daylight?” he mumbled to himself. Then he saw her feeding an unfamiliar man sushi and laughing in a flirtatious manner, well in his eyes however.  Chanyeol gasped deeply and a bit over dramatically, “Oh. My. Gosh!” he spazzed out, “Yirin’s cheating on Kris!!! I have to tell him!” He stopped, “But then what if-”

 

“THE LIGHT’S GREEN, MORON! GET ON WITH IT!”

 

“Oh !” Chanyeol jumped from the sudden honking of horns. He had almost forgotten that he was driving. He stepped on gas and started driving. 

 

That’s her soon to be ex-husband,” Kris said idly not looking away from his paperwork.

Chanyeol fondled with his fingers, “Oh...” he scratched his head not knowing what else to say. He awkwardly stood in front of his boss's desk. He rocked front and fro on his tippy toes and let his eyes observe the room. “Well  guess I’ll go then.” he stated after he felt the awkward atmosphere. He his heels and walked to the door but stopped. “Oh, and one more thing,” he turned around, “Can you not tell Yirin-sshi about this? I don’t want her to think that I’m snitching on her,” he said with a small laughing fit.

 

Kris stopped paying attention to his files and gave the man a bitter smile, “But you did, technically.” he emphasized scornfully.

 

Chanyeol stopped laughing and cleared his throat. He nodded and bowed then quickly got out of the tense office. 

 

Once Chanyeol left the office, Kris leaned back in his chair. He folded his hands together and frowned. “Yirin was with that bastard today? And she didn’t tell me?” He scoffed in disbelief, “The nerves of this girl.” He opened his drawer and took out his phone and texted her.

To: My Lovely Yirin

From: Your Jagiya

 

Hi babe, I miss you. What are you doing?

He sent her that text and waited. He stared at the phone with an electric glare until it blinked, signaling a response back.

From: My Lovely Yirin

To: My Handsome Giant

 

Nothing, just at work. I’m really busy right now, honey. I’ll see you later okay? Love you <3

Kris tightened his hold on the phone. He threw his phone at the leather love seat. As much as he hated it, she was lying and he knew it. Kris clenched his fist and bit his knuckles, “Kim Joonmyun, why are you so bothersome?”