A drink.

Boundaries of the Heart

Jongin returned home with fury and rage. How dare Minrin initiate this separation? She actually had the audacity to legally get rid of him! 

He took off his shirt, feeling the heat from his anger take a toll on his body temperature. He went to the kitchen and opened the fridge to grab a cold can of beer. Jongin returned to the living room and automatically saw an old picture of him and Minrin at their high school graduation. He walked towards the picture and looked at it with nostalgia. He put his can of acid down and picked up the framed memory. 
 
Slowly, the picture evoked a small grin on his lips. They looked so young, happy, and pure. He had almost forgotten how beautiful Minrin was. She had her own natural glow of beauty. However, as their relationship continued, her stunning aurora morphed to a miserable, opaque shadow trying to find a light of rescue. 
 
Had he damaged to her as so to take away her youth and innocence? Just the thought of that made him furious. Why was he blaming himself? He obviously wasn't to blame. It was the 's own goddamn fault! She basically accepted all that was given to her, so it's her fault for being with him in the first place. All the love he gave her over the years became pure bull to her, obviously proven by this segregation. 
 
His grip on the frame tightened. He clenched his teeth and growled out a loud grunt as he set it back down on the table and threw his can of beer at the door.  
 
As he did so, the entrance door was kicked opened by a squad of policemen, knocking the can out of the way. "Freeze! Put your hands in the air!" One of them yelled as they all surrounded him at gun point. 
 
"What the hell?!" Jongin shouted as his arms were being pulled behind him. 
 
"You are under arrest for the the conduction of ion. You have the right to remain silent. Everything you say and do can and will be used against you."
 
Jongin scoffed and resisted the men ferociously with all the strength built within him. He was shoved to the wall brutally as his Miranda Rights were given to him. The herd of officers alone couldn't out power him, that is until one of them pushed him down on the table and handcuffed him there. 
 
The impact caused the picture frame to tip then tumble. As the frame shattered, so did his heart. His life flashed before his eyes, he saw in a split second the reality of his life at the moment. Kim Jongin, a medical engineering college drop-out, was a twenty-three-year old thug. In less than a year, he became dependent on drugs and alcohol, leading to his addiction to them. He became a  leader, amongst the three, of a notorious underground gang conducting in ion and drug dealing. 
 
His girlfriend and desired-wife is settling a restraining order against him and he was being arrested for being someone he wasn't. For the first time in years, Kim Jongin experienced remorse, repentance, pain, and pity for himself. 
 
As he was escorted to the police vehicle and was driven away from his apartment, he looked back at the home and crumpled inside: he knew it was too late for changes and apologies. 
 
 
Minrin looked at Kyungsoo with bewildered eyes, "Jongin was arrested this morning?"
 
Kyungsoo nodded, "I was saying if you'd still like to continue the case. He is going to be in prison for a very long time, I know that as a fact. However, for liability issues, do you still want to continue the case?"
 
Minrin took a glance at her fumbling hands then looked at Kyungsoo, "May I see him?"
 
 
 
"Hey kid," Jongin looked up at the guard then looked around, checking to see if he was speaking to him. "Yes you, you've got a visitor." The guard confirmed. 
 
Jongin stood up and was released, along with a handful of other men. The guard led them to the visiting area and placed Jongin at a table by himself. He sat there until a door opened with visitors. He scanned for a familiar face. Could it be Zitao or Sehun that came to visit him in assurance? No, it couldn't be. At this point, all three men were screwed. Jongin watched as the other men were greeted happily by their friends, family, and companions while he still remained alone. 
 
Then he noticed a woman stand by the door but hesitantly walk in. His eyes made connection with hers but she looked away, not being able to look at him. 
 
Minrin sat down across from Jongin's table but still didn't look at him. She placed her hands on top of the table and looked at her thin fingers. She swallowed the fear clogged in and opened to speak, "Jongin," she started, "I came here to talk about the case."
 
"Minrin," Jongin lowly said as he placed his hands on top of her. The woman jumped from the sincerity of his voice and the gentleness of his touch. Jongin looked into her eyes, "I am deeply sorry for all the things I've done to you." He looked at her, observing how she didn't respond to him. "I don't know what has gotten into me over the years. You were right," he confessed as he softly tighter his hold of her hands, "I did change; I've transform into a monster that even I can't recognize, and it finally hit me yesterday. If you don't forgive me, I understand; even I can't forgive myself for all the cruel things I've done to you."
 
Minrin continued to look at her lap as tears were continuously steaming down her face. She retreated her hands back and wiped her tears away. She gripped onto the handle of her shoulder bag and stood up abruptly, "Goodbye, Jongin." She quickly mumbled and abruptly left him.  
 
 
Kyungsoo looked at the people around him smoking. He grew a bit jittery. It has been nearly a month since he stopped smoking, and he knew he didn't want to begin again. He found himself take a step towards a man lighting up a cigarette in his mouth. 
 
Get your together! He scolded to himself. His teeth clenched along with his fist as he felt the temptation grow rapidly into his sea of desires. With the strongest force on earth, he just wanted to enjoy the stick of nicotine and let it explore his yearning lungs with satisfaction. 
 
He looked beyond the smoker and saw Minrin and remembered why he had stopped. He caught her looking emotionless and a bit dire. "Are you okay?" He asked as he opened the passenger door for her. She remained silent and entered the car. A fine line was printed on his lips. Something happened in there and he knew it. Did Jongin threaten her? Did he frighten her in some way? Kyungsoo frowned and walked to his side of the car and got in. 
 
"Kyunsoo-sshi," she mumbled as she sat in the car with him. 
 
Kyungsoo looked at the woman as he buckled himself in, "Yes?" 
 
She wrote on the fogged window then looked at it. Let's go get a drink~ it read.
 
Kyungsoo looked at her, completely baffled, "A drink?"
 
She nodded with a soft grin, "My treat."

So I made a minor change: I changed Yirin's one week "pregnancy" to three weeks because my sister laughed at my face about it and made me feel dumb, SO I CHANGED IT! A N D
I MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!!
I want to thank you all again for sticking with me even after mah hiatus!! 
 
Okay, story time:
-Poor Jongin, do you guys think he deserves a second chance? Just wondering~
-I think you guys are smart enough to know what happened after their "drink" (or should I make a bonus chapter of their fun time? ;D)
 
Anyway, if you guys have been keeping up, 2 months are about to pass. You know what that means
And as always, I love you guys!
*receives a hug from me~*

Comments are appreciated