Unexpected

Boundaries of the Heart

Kyungsoo rubbed his aching head as he sat up on his bed. He flinched from the sun's powerful rays and clumsily got up to shut the blinds. With one eye closed and the other half-opened, Kyungsoo scratched his bare chest and jumped in his bed.

"Mmm," a soft, muffled groan was heard.
 
Immediately, Kyungsoo split his eyelids wide open and looked at the lump under his arm beneath his sheets. No, he gasped in his head. Slowly, he grabbed the hem of his blanket and lifted it up.
 
Minrin threw her arms over the covers, feeling suffocated by them. She clung her arms and legs over her long pillow. Still half asleep, Minrin noticed how her long pillow wasn't fat and fluffy. Instead it was human and breathing. Wait...Don't tell me— She peeked over her "pillow" and saw the bewildered look on Kyungsoo's face. "No," she whispered as she sat up. Kyungsoo fell out of the bed but scrambled his way up. She gasped as she slapped her hands over her eyes; his bare body was exposed to her sober eyes.
 
Kyungsoo yelled as he pulled the covers to wrap around his hips. “Minrin, I-I...” He stammered as he tried to let the situation sink in.
 
Minrin hugged her knees, covering her body, and squeezed her head, “No, no, no, no, no...” She whispered over and over again with her eyes shut. Everything slowly came back to her. From the ridiculous amounts of liquor, soju, and beer that they shared to the mindblowing . “Oh god,” she groaned in a regretful voice as she fell back in the bed. “Is this really happening right now?” She whispered to herself as she stared at the bland ceiling.
 
Before Kyungsoo could even find a reasonable response to her, he looked at his digital alarm clock and began scrambling around. “!” He hissed as he quickly picked up her clothes from the floor and threw them at her, “We’re late for our appointment!”
 
“What?!” Minrin sat up in his bed and raked her clothes towards her. “It’s today?!” She exclaimed as she quickly clasped her bra on. She got out of Kyungsoo’s bed and quickly rolled her clothes on.
 
"Yes!" Kyungsoo confirmed as he messily threw an attire together. He ran to the bathroom and quickly took out his toothbrush and brushed his teeth. Minrin stood behind him and looked at him from the mirror. With his toothbrush still in his mouth, he nodded towards the Listerine. He spat out the foam and rinsed his mouth, “Just use the mouth wash, I’ve never had this happen before so I’m sorry for not preparing."
 
She sighed and shook her head, “Why are you apologizing for?” She twisted the cap open, “This was a complete mistake anyway.” She poured the mouth wash in the cap and gurgled it in .
 
This was a complete mistake. That single, harmless sentence was a blade through his heart. Yes, perhaps their morning was chaotic as hell, but had she regret everything? Yes, this was formally recognized as a One Night Stand, but was it truthfully negative on her behalf? Did she really not feel anything for him? Love? Affection? Adoration? Not even acknowledgement of his feeling towards her? Was she really that oblivious or was he just a great bluffer?
 
For a good second, Kyungsoo stood there a bit dumbfounded. He felt like an idiot. Of course she didn’t love him or in fact see him as a person of affection whatsoever. He was just boring, old Do Kyungsoo.
 
 
 
 
Joonmyun tapped his pen on the surface of his desk. "Where are they?" He mumbled as he grew worried. Kyungsoo was never late for work and if he were, he'd be sure to call beforehand. As for Minrin, Joonmyun often found himself concerned about her. 
 
Just when his anxiety grew, both Minrin and Kyungsoo barged inside the office. 
 
"Sorry!" They both apologized at the same time with a bow. 
 
Joonmyun's brows furrowed from their flustered arrival. Minrin opened , unsure of how to explain their story. She nudged Kyungsoo with her elbow, indicating for him to come up with something. 
 
"Uh, we—I stayed up late overlooking files. How we came here at the time time was a complete coincidence." He lied. 
 
Of course Joonmyun knew that he lied—he was a lawyer for crying out loud—but the last thing he wanted was for time to be wasted. Joonmyun nodded his head, "That's fine." The two took a seat as Joonmyun grabbed some files. "As you all know, Jongin was arrested last night." Upon hearing this, Minrin looked down at her lap. Sitting directly across from her, Kyungsoo looked at her felt the urge to hold her hand. Joonmyun continued, "As a lawyer, all of our cases are confidential however I thought I should let you know. He's charged with human trafficking and drug trafficking which would be a maximum of fifteen years to life in prison." Joonmyun looked at Minrin and saw the pained look on her face, "I know this is a lot to swallow but I was just making sure you know what's headed for him." Her gave her a concern looked, "I don't want to pressure you or anything but—"
 
"Joonmyun-sshi," Minrin interrupted. 
 
He stopped and nod, "Yes?"
 
She tightly gripped onto the hem of her pencil skit and sighed with closed eyes, "I want to drop the case."
 
Both lawyers were shocked. Kyungsoo looked at her with wide and confound eyes. Joonmyun glanced down at his pen then smiled handsomely. Minrin looked at the two and nervously chuckled, "What's the point? He'll be gone for a while anyway. That give me enough time to get away and start new." She stood up and bow to both Joonmyun and Kyungsoo, "Thank you for helping me out on this case. I'm sorry that I wasted your time by not even committing to it but I've realized now that it's all a waste." She bowed again, "Thank you Joonmyun-sshi for everything that you've done." She turned to Kyungsoo and lowered her gaze. She bowed, "Thank you Kyungsoo-sshi for also helping me." She gave the two men a last grin and left the room. 
 
Joonmyun sighed with a smile and put her case file away. Kyungsoo looked at him and scoffed, "What's with the stupid smile?"
 
Joonmyun turned to him and laughed, "What? Can't a man smile?"
 
"After a case has been dropped? No." Kyungsoo stood up and stretched, "So for their cases, did you meet with Luhan and Yixing?"
 
Joonmyun stood up, "Yeah," he laughed, "They already know that they're screwed." He chortled. "Luhan has that Sehun fellow and Yixing has Zitao; I guess it'll be easy for Yixing since Zitao is Chinese."
 
Kyungsoo stopped, "Wait, then who would be defending Jongin?"
 
Joonmyun lightly chuckled and pat him on the shoulder, "You."
 
That's why Joonmyun was laughing
 
 
 
 
Hayeon quickly jogged to the ringing office phone as she hurriedly chewed on her bite of food. She swallowed her food then cleared , "Han Creations Architecture, this is Lee Hayeon speaking. How may I help you?"
 
"My god do you sound fake. Is this how you regularly greet customers?"
 
Hayeon frowned upon hearing the voice of the menacing imbecile. She sighed, obviously annoyed, and sat down on the swivel chair next to her, "Speak of the devil."
 
Kris laughed at her remark. He loved messing with Hayeon. If this was an occupation, he'd be the CEO of it. Something about the competition and battle that they had with each other was so exhilarating. He chuckled , "I'd say you're quite the demon also, missy." 
 
Hayeon grunted, "What the hell do you want?"
 
Kris laughed, "Woah, is that a way to speak to—"
 
"Your boss' future husband," she finished for him in a mimicking tone that sounded nothing like him. 
 
"Already have it memorized, I see." He replied smugly, "It's good you know."
 
"Someone as selfish as you is easy to predict," she sneered. "And like I've answered many times: dream on." 
 
Kris clenched his jaws over the phone and gripped let out an irritated sigh. Hayeon smirked upon hearing his frustration, "If you called to annoy me, you're obviously doing a terrible job at it, therefore I am hanging up." 
 
Before he could have had the chance to process her sentence in his head, Hayeon hang up and grinned to herself, "Hayeon: countless times. Devil: (as always) zero. Assa!" She cheered to herself. 
 
"Hayeon," Yirin took off her shades and handed the girl her bag. 
 
"Good morning," Hayeon greeted. "Have you finished your blueprint for HVC's corporal building?"
 
Yirin smiled, "Of course, it was easy-peasy and I'm absolutely positive that they'll love it." She opened the door to her office and plopped down on her office sofa, "Any new projects?"
 
Hayeon looked at her organizer, "Ah yes, a client wanted a constructed home in Hampyeong."
 
"Hampyeong?" She cocked her head, "That's really off." She took a sip from her coffee, "What's the customer's name?"
 
"Oh, she couldn't be here today but her name is Hwang Minrin."
 
Yirin spit her coffee out and hissed as she burnt her tongue, "Hwang Minrin?!"

Dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnn!!!! Kyungsoo has to defend Jongin and Yirin has to build Minrin a home in Hampyeong!!! Holy asdfghjkl what will friggin happen?!

Hey, have I already told you guys how much I love you?

I know it sounds like I'm smothering you, but I really do and this really just proved it. A subscriber, specifically exoticandeverything wrote an amazing review/recommendation for my story!

I am really touched, like really. I wish I could come to each of your doorsteps and bring you freshly baked cookies and hug you all. I have THE BEST SUBBIES EVER!!!! Anyway as mentioned in the review/recommendation, I know my updates has been lacking like really bad BUT I WILL TRY TO IMPROVE ON THIS!

 SHAPPAR LOVES YOU!

[my nickname that my friends made for me]

AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND UPVOTE!