Chapter 16

Just Keep Swimming (Old Version)

Two weeks passed and Exo and Super Junior were doing a wonderful job of hiding their plan from Nicole. Because Chanyeol wasn't a main dancer by any means, she got suspicious when he kept saying he was going to practice. But she figured it was him getting more help for Exo's dances. Chanyeol had invited Donghae over a few times in order to see how Nicole reacted around him and he around her. Donghae was all too eager  to help out when it cmae to Nicole. He was a very caring guy, yet Chanyeol had always seen him reject things like this because he was tired from his previous schedules or extra workouts. Chanyeol became suspicious of Donghae having feelings for Nicole, which not surprisingly, irked him...a lot. Nicole began being able to act perfectly normal around Donghae, feeling very comfortable with him around. Once he left, however, she would resume fangirlling and squealing about any moments they "accidently" touched hands.

"Donghae hyung, do you want to come over again? We can be in the living practicing some Exo dances whenever Nicole's around. I Just want to make sure I can do the dance in an area that isn't the practice room."

"Sure. I would love to. You've been working on Exo's dances as well, right?" Donghae scolded.

"....yes?" Chanyeol shyly smiled to the side, turning away from Donghae.

"You may be taller than me, but I am your hyung and I am a lot stronger than you. Do you the dances." Donghae said, only meaning about 1/8 to be threatening, yet Chanyeol was still cowering and nodding ferociously.

"Come on, I'm kidding. Just work on the dances when you get the chance. The concert is sooner, so once that's out of the way, then start cracking down on Exo moves." Donghae smiled. Chanyeol let out a deep sigh of relief, worried Donghae would hurt him.

"Oh, hyung, have you been working out more? I've noticed you leaving the gym a lot more."

"Yeah. Gotta stay in shape so I don't disappoint the fans with my lack of abs. Gotta keep them up and defined." Donghae pat his stomach and flexed his arms. Chanyeol just laughed.

"See you tonight then. Be there at around 7. Nicole is leaving at 7:30 to go to Mina's house and spend some time with her friends."

Donghae nodded and walked off to leave the SM building.

~6:54~

*Knock Knock*

"Coming!" Nicole shouted to the person at the door. She wasn't extremely surprised to see Donghae there, yet her heart still fluttered. She maintained her cool.

"Hello Nicole, is Chanyeol here?"

"Yeah, come in. Here to eat dinner or something? I can order for you two before I leave. I know Chanyeol isn't a very good cook." They both giggled, Donghae shook his head.

"No thanks. I'm not very hungry. Where are you going out to?"

"Tao's girlfriend, one of my close friends invited me and Kai & Lay's girlfriends over. We've all been friends for years and haven't had a party like we used to for a loong time."

Donghae nodded. "Why don't they just come here?" He asked, hoping he could find a way for her to stay.

"Well...our parties are us fangirlling over Kpop guys. It would be extremely awkward fangirlling over you if you were actually here." She said, blush forming on her cheeks. Donghae just slightly laughed.

"What about Chanyeol? Do you guys freak out about him and Exo?"

"We used to. They still do even though they're dating Exo members. I don't know. Living with Chanyeol, yet not dating him would just make it weird if I was screaming 'Oppa! I love you sooo much! I wanna marry you!' and I live with him. It just gets awkward."

"Then...why don't you date him?"

Nicole was about to answer, but stopped herself, not really knowing the reason why.

"I...don't know. I just don't." Donghae felt a pit in the bottom of his stomach.

I know she loves me, but that's as a fan. She might really love Chanyeol. Damn.

"Oh. Okay. Well, he's not a bad guy. He cares about you a lot."

"Thanks. Let me just go talk to Chanyeol before I go and I will get out of your hair."

Nicole walked into Chanyeol's room to see him on his computer with his headphones in.

"Chanyeor, Donghae's here. I'm leaving."

"Okay." Was all he said. She wasn't used to him being quiet.

"You okay?" She asked, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"He loves you. You know that, right?" Chanyeol blurted, taking Nicole by surprise.

"Who? Andy? If he loves me then gross."

Chanyeol closed his eyes and shook his head.

"No, Donghae."

Nicole froze, her heart pounding.

"He...does? He doesn't seem like it."

"Just trust me. A guy can tell when another guy loves a girl." Especially a girl that the first guy loves as well.

 

 


i failed. this was supposed to be something dedicated to donghae and it was more about chanyeol. sorry if im rushing this story. i tend to do that. just remember to give suggestions in the comments below :)

 

happy birthday donghae!!! saranghae!!!