Chapter 11

Just Keep Swimming (Old Version)

"Chanyeor! I'm leaving! I should be back in about an hour or so!" Nicole shouted to Chanyeol who was in his room while she was about to walk out.

It was the day she was going to show Andy around, and she was not looking forward to it. Sure, it had been a few years since she had last heard from him, but that doesn't mean she ever fully forgave him for what he did to her. But the least she can do is seem nice and hopefully make him feel guilty for dumping her.

'Hey Andy, I'm across the street from my apartment at the little green cafe.' She texted him.

'On my way and almost there! ....I think...' He replied in a couple of minutes.

She sat there and waited for about 10 minutes before he walked in the door, looking almost exactly the same he did when she last saw him. She had grown her hair out and gotten less little-kidish, but he looked the exact same; stubbly facial hair, shaggy hair, a little pudgy, and still really tall. He looked more hipster now than teenage skater boy, which is good for her case because she really did NOT like that look.

"Hey! Long time no see! Ready to go?" She tried to sound as enthusiastic as possible.

He didn't say anything, but just went up to her and hugged her very tightly.

"I missed you. Let's go. I can't wait to see what you have to show me." He said in a low voice and let go of her.

~~~

They walked around for about an hour, her pointing out key shopping areas and fun touristy places. She was taking him to Lotte World as a last place to visit.

As they were walking around Lotte World, they decided to catch up and talk about what they've been up to.

"So, what's new with you, Nicole? Any boyfriends since we broke up?"

She shook her head.

"No, but you remember that EXO-K poster I pointed out?"

He thought for a couple of seconds and nodded.

"Well, I live with the tallest guy, the curly blonde one. His name is Chanyeol. I think he's completely friendzoned me, but I get a little tingle in my belly every once in a while."

He laughed a little.

"Oh, he's very.....handsome. Seems like an idiot, but handsome."

"Don't talk bad about people you don't know. He's really bright and cheerful. His other group mates and fans call him Happy Virus."

"Like you! I remember eaves dropping on your conversations and hearing Mina and Rin call you Happy Virus. Was it off of that?"

"Well we were fans at the time. Oh! You remember that Donghae guy I used to be OBSESSED with?"

"How could I forget?"

"Weeeellllllll, Chanyeol is in his same company and I GOT TO HAVE A MEAL WITH HIM!!! I had to try to not cry the whole time or scream. It was AMAZING!!! AAHHHHH!!!" Nicole started slightly hopping just thinking of her meal with him. She can never quite seem to grasp that it actually happened.

"That's awesome!"

They got on the first ride, which was a drop tower ride. It was over in a matter of seconds and they continued talking.

"So, what about you? Any girlfriends?"

"After the girl I dated after you, no. No other girls seemed.....good enough."

"...like, how?"

"They were either too ty or too shy or too prude-ish. I need that nice balance...y'know?"

Nicole was a person who did not want to have with a person she had been dating less than a year, so she could be considered "too prude-ish."

"No, I don't. You know my stance on that matter."

"Right...forgot. Anyway, I think we should go. I know we just got here, but I just wanted to spend some time with you. Maybe we can hang out again?"

She was slightly confused but agreed. He left surprisingly quickly and she was left to go home on her own.