Chapter 12

Just Keep Swimming (Old Version)

Nicole managed to get home in a short time, thankfully because there wasn't any traffic, so it was as short as could possibly be. She just kept replaying the day in her mind, wondering why in the world Andy would come to Korea in the first place, and why he would even want to see her again after what he did to her.

She pushed those thoughts into the back of her mind as she walked through the front door. She took a few steps in, before being bear hugged by a shirtless Chanyeol.

"I missed you!!! That bad man took you away for so long!" He said while still hugging her. She tried to push him off, but realized it was futile because she knew how much he loved long, tight hugs.

"I missed you too....I guess. Please let go of me and put on a shirt. You're still a little chubby so it ruins the y factor." She said with a light tone to her voice, teasing him for "being chubby" even though he had a pretty decent six pack.

"Oh come on, you LOVE my belly. That's why you always hit it whenever I say something not particularly smart.

She just laughed and pushed him off. He let go of her as he realized she's probably tired from seeing her gross ex and showing him around the vast areas of Seoul.

"Hey, Chanyeor, I'm really tired so do what you want today, I'm going back to bed. Okay?"

She left before he answered. She walked into her room and shut the door until only a crack remained opened. She changed into some super comfortable cotton pajamas and crawled under the blankets, her mind racing with thoughts again.

She was finally about to drift to sleep when she felt her bed dip and noticed her door opened more.

"Chanyeol, why are you in here?" She asked without even having to look.

"You said I can do anything I wanted, and I wanted to come in here and be with you. Is that okay? I mean, I'm sure you're trying to force that gross person out of your head, but yeah..." He said sheepishly.

She sighed and replied, "fine, but please be quiet. You don't make a lot of noise anyway, but I really just want to sleep right now. Too many thoughts going through my head and it's giving me a headache."

He nodded and layed down, putting his arm back around her like it was when they originally fell asleep together.

He was very much awake, seeing as though it was the middle of the day, and didn't try to go to sleep, despite her having quickly fallen asleep and relaxed.

He stayed in the same position, not wanting to wake her, and started thinking.

'Why does she have a headache? What did that jerk do? Please don't tell me he wants to get back together with her, or that he only wanted to see her to yell at her like he used to. Crap. Okay, it's decided, the next time she hangs out with him, which I'm sure there will be a next time, I'll make sure me, Kris, or Donghae come with. Yeah. Protection.'

~~~

The next day, Nicole went over to her friend Mina's house for some good fangirlling, while Chanyeol and Tao, Mina's boyfriend, had to prepare for an upcoming SM event.

"Miiinnnaaa!!! Help me! Come on, Andy just randomly comes back and he's all like 'oh, i miss you...im a jackass lululuuluuhhhh' GOSH! I HATE THIS!"

"Come on, it's okay. He's a jackass and we know that and that's that. Now, TELL ME HOW IN THE WORLD YOU MANAGED TO EAT A MEAL WITH FREAKING DONGHAE!!!"

Mina started jumping around like a crazy person as Nicole told her the story of meeting Donghae in the practice room.

~~

"Kris, help me." Chanyeol said quietly.

"What's wrong? Nicole?" Chanyeol nodded.

"These feelings...it's too much right now. Andy is here in Korea and took her away for like, an hour and a half to hang out with her. She came back saying she had too many thoughts and had a headache. My heart broke at the thought of her being with him again. What if she still likes him!?"

"Don't worry. You of all people know how he made her feel after he broke up with her. You helped her be bright and smiley again." Kris said encouragingly.

"I didn't. Donghae hyung did. But please, help me get to the point where I only think of her as a friend. Andy being back and seeing her fangirl over Hyung is a little too much to handle. I was almost crying the other day when she said she was leaving to hang out with Andy, and her having lunch with hyung caused me to be stressed."

Kris put his hand on Chanyeol's shoulder.

"I'm sorry, but I can't help with that. I wish I could, but I can't."

Chanyeol was left trying to deal with his feelings. He was sure they would go away again like they usually did, but as of now, he couldn't guarantee it.

 


oh my god. i am so sorry if its and getting slow. this always happens. i have a good idea, it goes well, then i do something to screw it up and i dont know what to do anymore. so, im sorry if updates will be uuber slow after this. ill try to keep up with them, but i cant guarantee daily updates or even updates every other day. but please dont unsubscribe <3 i love everyone who actually reads this and likes it and subscribes <3