Chapter 7 - I Love You, Saranghamnida

Our Love After Reply 1997

 

 

I love you, saranghamnida. xoxo


Eunji woke to the smell of coffee and eggs. She appeared from under the duvet, ruffling her unkempt hair while pulling back the covers. She slipped on the bedroom slippers and went to freshen up before heading downstairs, towards that irresistible aroma wafting throughout the house. Eunji walks into the kitchen and sees In Guk hard at work, flipping the eggs and making the coffee with toast. He still hadn't noticed Eunji so she crept up behind him then clasped her hands around his waist, giving him a morning backhug. It all came naturally to her, it didn’t feel awkward after sharing their kiss last night, it only felt right that she gave him a hug.

'Oh! You're awake! I didn't see you come in'
Eunji nods as she wraps her hands tighter around In Guk
'Ya, you're gonna suffocate me you know.'

Eunji pouts at In Guk then releases her grip around his waist. It felt so good to be around him, it made her want to hold onto him forever, like how a fish needs water, it made her feel complete. 

“Araso.. Oppa what’s all this?’ She asked as In Guk plated up the scrambled eggs and poured another cup of coffee.
‘Americano-style breakfast~ for my sweet’ In Guk flashed the cheesiest smile at Eunji as he tried to do the rodeo dance of Gangnam Style.

Eunji giggled and danced along. She never used to do these things, not until In Guk influenced her and made her do these crazy things with him.

 

That’s what love does to a person, you experience new things, whether good or bad.

 


 

 

 

"Oppa, do you have to film your drama later today?" She asked as she settled into the seat.
In Guk nods as he places the breakfast in front of Eunji who immediately digs in and is in awe with In Guk’s breakfast-making skills. 
"I have to leave at 11 am. The journey there is quite long so I have to leave slightly earlier."
Eunji pouts again, this time jutting out her lower lip more to show her displeasure of being alone. 
In Guk ruffles Eunji's hair. 
'Mianhae, I would do anything to spend time with you but I have to film. '

 

Eunji sighs before taking a sip of her coffee and eating her toast. In Guk seats himself down as well, munching noisily on his half burnt toast. He had obviously spent much more effort to prepare Eunji's breakfast. It looked perfect, the coffee was brewed to perfection and the scrambled eggs on toast looked as if it came out of an Instagram picture. His on the other hand was the opposite. Semi-blackened toast with curdled scrambled eggs and half a cup of leftover coffee. Eunji was too oblivious to notice In Guk's sloppy breakfast as she chomped everything down in a jiffy, only then realizing and feeling guilty. 
In Guk didn't mind anyway, he was glad that Eunji had a good breakfast.

 

This was what love was about, sacrificing yourself for the person you loved. Even though it was new to him, he still steadily accepted the change. 

"Oppa, I'll do the dishes. Go wash up, you have to leave soon. Your manager-Oppa will be here soon. "
In Guk gets up from his seat then helps Eunji carry the dishes to the sink before planting a kiss on her cheek and going upstairs to freshen up. 

Eunji decides to pack light snacks for In Guk while he is busy freshening up. She pulls out the rice and leftover ingredients from last night, making two rolls of kimbap quickly then putting them in a lunch box for In Guk to bring.

 


 

 

 

In Guk emerges from upstairs, dressed in a simple hoodie and jeans.

“How could someone look so good in just casual attire?” Eunji thought to herself as she stared at In Guk head-to-toe.

“Wae? Why are you staring at me like this? Do I look funny?” In Guk asks Eunji whose eyes are almost making their way out of her sockets.

“Aniyo, you look good!” Eunji passes In Guk the lunch box, sticking out her hand, too shy to look up at him

“Cha, eat this when you are in the car or when you are having breaks during filming.”

In Guk takes the bag from her hand then pulls her towards him. Eunji is thrown forward but is greeted by In Guk’s warm embrace.

“Eunji-ya, gomawo.” He whispers softly into her ear before placing his lips onto hers.

 

Eunji is still in shock by the sudden jerk but recovers quickly after feeling In Guk’s lips on hers. She kisses back, causing the two to unexpectedly make-out for a while.

 

*HONK*

Eunji reluctantly pulls away from In Guk,

“Your manager-oppa is here. You better go, don’t want to be late right.” She says softly to In Guk.

In Guk nods, he slings on his backpack before giving Eunji one last kiss and heading out the door.

“I’ll call you later!” He shouts from halfway down the path waving at Eunji.

Eunji watches In Guk’s car drive away then returns to the house, alone.

The feeling of being alone and idle, Eunji hated it. She liked to be around people, she enjoyed the company.  It was Eunji's day off, she had nothing to do and she wanted to spend it with In Guk but he had to film. She spent the first few hours cleaning up the WGM house after the party last night before pulling out her phone to check the time.  '1:20 p.m' She texted In Guk in hopes that he would reply despite filming. "Oppa! I miss you! Are you almost done with filming?" She typed into her phone and pressed send. 

“UGH I HATE BEING IDLE AND BORED!” Eunji exclaims. And as if literally a light bulb went off in her head, she decided to surprise In Guk at his filming site and bring snacks for everyone. She called her manager who agreed to drive her to the filming location.

Soon Eunji was in the kitchen cooking pots and pots of Kimchi stew and rice after ordering fried chicken. She packed all the food into big containers then got ready to leave the house.

 


 

 

 

Eunji was dressed in jeans, sneakers and a hoodie as well. She didn’t even notice that she wore something similar to In Guk after she left the house, maybe it was because the image of In Guk was dead set in her mind.

 

Eunji reached the filming site after a 2 hour car-ride, she kept asking herself if it was too much to be bringing food for the staff and going to his filming site, she didn’t want to seem needy and clingy to In Guk. She couldn’t do anything about it now that they were already there. Eunji put on her jacket then hauled bags and bags of food off the car, making her way to one of the resting areas and greeting staff on the way. It felt so awkward, doing surprise events for her ‘husband’ and boyfriend, that wasn’t Eunji.

 

As Eunji walked back to the car to carry more bags, she spotted In Guk who was currently filming his scene with Yoon Se In, his on-screen ‘wife’. She stopped in her tracks, watching In Guk’s acting, how he snuggled up to Se In and acted cute for her. Eunji felt her heart drop slightly, she couldn’t picture In Guk, the guy who she just shared one of her most passionate kisses with was now with another girl. Eunji turned to face the wind, hoping the cold would wake her up from the jealousy. She then charged forward to the car and brought down the last few bags of food. As Eunji walked down the same path, she looked straight in front of her, trying to avoid looking at In Guk.

 

Eunji set up the food platters on the table and called the staff to have some hot food during the break. The table was soon full of staff getting food, Eunji stepped aside to let more staff have access to the food. She chatted with her manager, holding another bag of food especially packed for In Guk. She tightly clutched onto the handle of the bag, contemplating whether to give the food to In Guk or just give it to her hungry panda-manager beside her.

 

“Jung Eunji, what’s wrong with you? You were never the jealous type, what’s gotten into you?”

 

She snapped herself out of the jealousy and actually went to look for In Guk herself. Eunji walked to the end of the set and found In Guk sitting with some of the actors. She walked up to him, greeting the other actors.

“Anneonghaseyo, Apink Jung Eunji-imnida. Nice to meet you, I’m In Guk’s ‘wife’” Eunji said loud and clear then giving a 90 degree bow to the actors.

In Guk was extremely shocked by Eunji’s presence, he didn’t expect her to come all the way here.

“Oh, Eunji-ya, what are you doing here?” In Guk stood up from his seat still in shock.

“I brought food for the staff and actors.” She said to In Guk then invited the other actors to head to where the food was. 

As the actors made their way past In Guk, they either pat him on the back or nudged him, each giving him that ‘You’re a lucky guy, In Guk’ look. In Guk rubbed the back of his neck as his fellow actors left the table.

Soon it was only the two of them left. Eunji reached out her hand and passed In Guk the bag, “Cha, eat it while it’s still hot.”

In Guk sat back down on his seat then pat the chair next to him, motioning Eunji to sit with him. He pulls out the lunchbox and unlocks the lid, revealing a hearty lunch of samgyupsal with rice and vegetables.

“WAH, Eunji-ya did you make all this for me?”

She nods then whispers, “Oppa, only you have the samgyupsal, eat it quickly before someone sees.”

In Guk grins then puts his hand on Eunji’s showing his gratitude.

“Hurry, eat. Before it gets cold!” In Guk obeys, stuffing rice and meat into his mouth then tries to goof off with Eunji. He was glad that Eunji came. To see that smile, those eyes and those perfectly shaped lips again it made his day even better. He pulled out his phone and took a picture with Eunji who was reluctant to, setting it as his wallpaper so that he could always see her face.

Eunji slightly shivered next to him after being out in the cold for a while now. He unravelled the scarf around his neck, putting around Eunji’s instead.

“Don’t take this off, I wore it all day so it will smell of me~” In Guk said exactly as in Reply 1997. Only this time Eunji didn’t give him the ‘are you crazy’ look like Shiwon did in Reply 1997. She tucked the scarf into her jacket then watched In Guk eat his lunch. After In Guk wolfed down the last bit of his rice, he turns to Eunji then gives her a big hug.

"Eunji-ya, gomawo.. Saranghae~" He whispers into her ear then gives her a kiss on the cheek before pulling away and packing up his lunch.

 

“First love is a time. Once it passes, it’s gone. Now you have to give a new love and a new time a chance. It might not be the experience or the purity of first love, but out of that scar is a love that grows and becomes a little more mature — you have to wait for an adult love. Only those who wait can dream of love.” – Yoon Jae

 

 

 

 

 

HEEE~ HI GUYS. So I see everyone enjoyed the kiss in the last chapter. (HAHA) Anyway made this chapter a little longer with more spazzy moments. 

Side note: I won't be able to update for quite a while, im going overseas from the 5th to 21st of Dec. SORRY FOR THIS! :( Anyway! Don't forget about this fanfic okay, I will be back~ leave comments! IT MAKES ME HAPPY :) ANYWAY IF YOU ARE STILL READING THIS, THANK YOU. :)

 

 

@bowties : Haha thanks! Hopefully the next few chapters will be much cuter~

@yeolflipped: I KNOW THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH HOGUK AND SO LITTLE EUNGUK~ Will read your fanfic when I get the chance too! Eunguk hwaiting!

@eyah012 : KYAA EUNGUK~ :) HAHA. Maybe I should have included Hoya.. :S

@November-Angel : Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy the other chapters! 

@gyne422 : HAHA IKR! I think i should have included the kiss earlier, anyway. Should I have included Hoya? Haha!