Chapter 1 - The Unexpected Surprise

Our Love After Reply 1997

 

Apink's dorm
 
The WGM crew knocks on the door and Chorong's head pops out. 
 
Chorong : Anneonghasayeo! What is this? 
 
They pass her a blue box 
Naeun and Namjoo appear as Chorong opens the door to let the crew in. 
 
Namjoo: Unni! What's that? 
Chorong: Nado molla. We'll find out soon
 
Chorong gathers the members ad they all settle down in a circle. 
Hayoung and Yookyung look at each other suspiciously. 
 
Yookyung: Ya, doesn't this look like something WGM would do? 
Hayoung: Yes. It does look like it. 
Eunji: Ey! Are you sure? The both of you must have watched too much TV. 
Bomi: Ya! Open it. I'm so curious that it's killing me! 
 
Eunji opens the box and takes out the items one by one.The mission card,  A polaroid , a letter and a ring. 
 
A ring. 
 
Where have I seen this before? 
Eunji thought to herself as she twisted it  between her fingers. She felt a sudden warmth within her, that 
familiarity was a pleasant feeling, one she hadn't felt in a while. 
 
Bomi's sudden squeal caused Eunji to jump and snap out of her deep thought. 
 
Bomi: KYAAAAAA~ it really is WGM! 
 
Everyone squeals in delight, Bomi drags Chorong from her seat and the both of them begin to jump on the couch. 
 
Chorong: Ya! I think it's me because I'm the Unni. 
Bomi: Why must it be you! I hope its me and the husband will be a popular handsome idol! 
 
Eunji ignores the exaggerated reactions of the two and faces Naeun sitting beside her. 
 
Eunji: So does it mean that these photos are hints that point to who the husband is? 
Naeun: It must be. But.. who among us is the wife? 
 
Everyone except Eunji squeals again, imagining that they would be the one. 
 
The ring is the husband's? So I know him? 
 
Namjoo: Everyone calm down!  Let's read the mission card. 
 
She reads it aloud : 
 
" To:  Virtual Wife
Idol couple recruitment has chosen you as a virtual wife. The items in the box are of your virtual husband's. The two of you will meet in a week's time at the Lotte World amusement park and exchange items.  On that day you will decide whether you would like to continue this journey or end it."
 
Hayoung: Unni! Peel off the sticker! Let's find out who will be the lucky wife! 
 
Where have I seen this? 
 
Namjoo peels off the sticker that says 'Virtual Wife' to reveal the name of the lucky member 
 
"정은지"
 
"Jung Eunji "