Chapter 2 - Reality or Fantasy?

Our Love After Reply 1997

Apink's Dorm

 
"정은지"
 
"Jung Eunji "
 
Eunji: What?.. ME? 
 
Bomi and Chorong charge up to the WGM crew, demanding that there is a mistake and that either one of them is the wife. 
 
Chorong: Ey! Director! There must be some mistake. Eunji is only 19, how can she be getting married already? 
Bomi: Maja! 
 
They both show aegyo as an attempt to convince the director to change his decision. 
 
Hayoung: OHHHH~  Unni! Chukahamnida! 
 
Eunji doesn't respond, still in shock from learning that she is the wife. 
The sudden rush of emotions cause memories to flood back into her mind, she tries to recall where she had seen the ring. 
 
Then it finally makes sense, everything falls into place. 
 
Eunji : This ring... It's really me. 
 
 
Jellyfish Entertainment 
(Practice Room) 
 
In Guk: Me? Not the kids (VIXX)?
 
He asked the WGM crew with a puzzled face. The crew nods and In Guk hesitantly reaches out his hands. 
 
As he takes the blue box from the crew. The members of VIXX gather round him. 
 
Hongbin: Hyung! What's that? 
 
In Guk looks at him and shrugs his shoulders. He pulls the cover of the box off, revealing the WGM mission card. 
 
In Guk gasps while the members of VIXX celebrate for him. Never did In Guk think that he would be chosen as a husband for this variety show. 
 
 
As the members of VIXX rummage through the contents of the box, In Guk sits on the couch, reading and re-reading the mission card, unable to accept the fact that he was really chosen for this programme. 
 
" To:  Virtual Husband
Idol couple recruitment has chosen you as a virtual husband. The items in the box are of your virtual wife's. The two of you will meet in a week's time at the Lotte World amusement park and exchange items.  On that day you will decide whether you would like to continue this journey or end it."
 
*clink* 
 
In Guk's attention shifts towards the object that fell out of the box and rolled over to his feet.  He bends over and picks it up. 
 
A ring? 
 
In Guk looks at the ring. His eyes widen as he recalls. 
 
In Guk: This ring.. 
 
A week later. 
Beauty Shop
 
Eunji: Unni! Please make me look pretty! 
 
Stylist: Araso! You want to look pretty for your new husband huh! 
 
Eunji: Aniyo! What are you talking about! 
 
Eunji blushes as she looks away. 
The stylist does Eunji's makeup and hair then Eunji changes into a pastel colored dress and puts on the ring that was in the box. 
 
 
Eunji: I'm done! How do I look? 
 
Chorong and Yookyung who are also in the shop turn to face her. 
 
Chorong: Wa. Jung Eunji! I didn't know you were that pretty! 
Yookyung: Maja Unni! You look really pretty. 
 
Eunji checks herself one last time in the mirror before she heads down to the car and leaves for Lotte World. 
 
 
Lotte World Amusement Park
 
 
In Guk is sitting on a bench amidst  the rides with a small bouquet of flowers and the mission card in his hand, anxiously waiting for his 'wife' to appear. He keeps twisting the ring on his finger and checking his appearance through the reflection of the cameras. 
 
In Guk: Will it really be her? 
 
 
Eunji's car pulls up at the building of Lotte World. She gets out of the car and walks towards the entrance. Before she enters, Eunji straightens out the crease in her dress and fixes her bangs. 
 
With a fluttering and anxious heart, Eunji walks into the amusement park. 
 
Eunji: Will it really be him? 
 
Eunji walks through the different rides, looking for her 'husband'. Then, she sees a familiar silhouette. Those broad, firm shoulders and confident stance. Eunji grins as she calls out to him. 
 
Eunji: Yoon Yoonjae-ssi! It been a long time. 
 
In Guk immediately turns around, grinning from ear to ear. 
 
In Guk: Ya Sung Si Won! It's been a really long time. 
 
He stands up and walks towards her.  In Guk wraps his arms around Eunji and hugs her tight. Eunji's face flushes red, shocked by what In Guk did. 
 
In Guk: Ya, Jung Eunji, I missed you so much. 
 
 
Eunji: Nado..