Chapter 6 – "Firsts"

Our Love After Reply 1997

There are always the "firsts" for humans. First introductions, first loves, first kisses.


 

 

Eunji and In Guk stood rooted at the front door, surprised by the unexpected guests.

“Omma, what are you doing here? You didn’t tell me you were coming.” Eunji ‘s hand flew to , in utter shock that her mother would be here.

“Appa, you too. How did you get here?” In Guk said as he grabbed the bedroom slippers from the cabinet and placed them on the floor for their guests.

“Well, aren’t you going to invite us in?” Eunji’s mother said.

In Guk reached for the bags Eunji’s mother was carrying and led them inside. The four settled into the living room where the newlyweds gave their first and official introductions to their “in-laws”.

Eunji started first, giving a big and polite bow to the elders and introducing herself as “In Guk’s wife”, promising she would try her best to be a good wife to him. Eunji’s mother giggled softly causing Eunji’s face to flush. Then In Guk continued, also giving a polite, big bow then introducing himself as “Eunji’s husband”.

The terms “Husband” and “Wife” hadn’t registered in In Guk or Eunji’s minds. Eunji just turned 20 so marriage was out of the question at this time but for In Guk, marriage was something he hadn’t really thought about. Yes, his mother was pressing for him to get married but he didn’t feel it was the right time, he hadn’t met the right girl at that time. But Eunji came into his life and this mentality of his changed, he wanted to get married, start a family and have children, it made him feel complete.

But he had to constantly remind himself that this was not his real marriage, just a virtual one.

“We just stopped by to see you guys, see how you settled in the new house” In Guk’s father spoke. Eunji’s mother nodded as she went to the kitchen to help her daughter put away the banchan she brought.

In Guk’s father dragged him out to the porch and spoke softly, “In Guk-ah, you like her don’t you.” “DEH?” In Guk blurted out. “Appa, what are you talking about?”

“The way you look at her and the connection between you two is undeniable, son, it was the first thing I felt when I stepped into the house. You two are perfect for each other.”

“APPA! What’s wrong with you! What’s with all this talk, is this Mum’s marriage psychology stuff again?”

 “You do know that it’s about time you got married right, settle down and start a fam..”

“Appa enough, not now okay.”

In Guk knew how he felt for Eunji but he didn’t know how to tell her, not now at least.

 


 

 

“Omma, it must have been a long drive from Busan to Seoul, go rest, I can do the rest.” Eunji stacked the rest of the banchan into the fridge. “Eunji-ya, do you like In Guk?”

“As a close oppa and friend, yes.” Eunji said as she looked down at the counter, knowing that the inevitable question would soon be asked.

“Not just as a friend.. more than tha..”

“OMMA! What are you talking about? Why are you acting all weird..”

“Just thought that you liked him, after all you two have already kissed so it’s no surprise. Eunji-ya, I like In Guk, he’s a good kid, he’ll treat you well.”

Eunji felt her whole face turn red with embarrassment, she knew what her mother meant and honestly, she did feel something for In Guk but never had the courage to face that feeling. She quickly brushed off her mother’s comment.

“Omma enough! You are spouting nonsense!” She raced to the living room to get away from her mother.

 


 

 

“Araso, we’ll get going now! You two lovebirds get along well okay! In Guk-ah be nice to Eunji” In Guk’s father teased. Eunji nudged In Guk, giving him that “look”, the “you heard that right” look.

“Eunji-ya, come home soon, Minki misses you.” Eunji nods as she fights back the tears that well up in her eyes as her mother wraps her arms around her tightly. The couple watch their parents leave then go back into the house to continue preparing for the party.

“Oppa we have to hurry, So Yul Unni and Ji Won Oppa will be here soon, my members and VIXX too!” Eunji’s pace quickened as she continued her cooking.

As Eunji plopped the pot of stew onto the table the doorbell rang.

“Oppa! They’re here!”

In Guk pulls open the front door. So Yul and Ji Won are standing at the door

“WOOOO~ Chukahamnida! You two really! Why didn’t you tell us you were dating, we only find out after you’re married? Jung Eunji, you’ve really disappointed me!” So Yul screams at the couple excitedly. “Ya, keep it down, they’re right in front of you not miles away.” Ji Won says as he slips off his shoes and goes into the house. In Guk and Eunji look at each other and giggle, as if they had a brief conversation through the “ha-s” and “hee-s” each made.

“The house is nice, better than that apartment In Guk could barely afford in Reply 1997.” Ji Won jokingly said. In Guk threatened Ji Won jokingly as they walked through the house.

 

*Chime*

Eunji’s phone alerted her of a new message.

 

“Hoya Oppa”

“Eunji-ya, mianhae. I won’t be able to make it for your housewarming party. Even though it won’t be as fun without me, have fun! I’ll come by next time. Help me inform the rest."

 

“Hoya Oppa can’t make it for the party” Eunji said out loud, texting her reply back to Hoya.

"Araso~ It's such a pity, if he was here, it would be a Reply 1997 reunion!" So Yul screamed from soemwhere in the house.

“Do you and Hoya talk a lot nowadays?” In Guk blurted out.

Eunji looked up from her phone and stared straight into In Guk’s eyes, as if ready to burn In Guk’s soul alive. He immediately regretted what he said. It was a petty comment, the kind that girls hate because they think men are too paranoid. A text from another guy when you are attached is as if a whole cheesy Korean romance drama was about to begin. In Guk slowly felt the walls cave in on him, those eyes, those beautiful eyes made him suffocate. No girl had ever made him feel like this, only Eunji.

“Yeah, we do. A lot actually” Eunji said mockingly.

“Oh yeah, more than we do?” In Guk said jealously.

“Yeah, A LOT MORE!” Eunji shouted back.

“Ya, you two are married now, play nice. You guys aren’t Yoon Yoonjae and Sung Shiwon now. Quit the petty fights” So Yul screamed from the second floor balcony.

It was true. Now, it was the story of Seo In Guk and Jung Eunji, not Yoon Yoonjae and Sung Shiwon. But it was something the couple could not apprehend, they were so at ease with each other that they forgot who they were, lost in their own little world, together.

 


 

Soon all their guests arrived and the party was in full swing, with games, food, dancing and noraebang, time slowly ticked away. Their little gathering only ended at 1 am and the couple was utterly exhausted by then. In Guk convinced Eunji to pack up tomorrow and led her up to the bedroom so that she could rest. In Guk pulled open the door of the master bedroom and pulled the duvet off so that Eunji could rest comfortably. After Eunji settled into the bed, In Guk wrapped the duvet tightly around her and brushed her fringe away from her eyes. Eunji flinched as In Guk’s hand touched her face. Her heart thumped harder and she was short of breath, In Guk’s face was closer now and she was staring straight into those round and deep eyes. In Guk leaned closer and their lips touched. Eunji felt In Guk’s lips curve around hers but she didn’t back away, it all felt right to her and she liked it. It wasn’t the fireworks that everyone said would happen when you’ve met the right person, but it still felt right. .

 

In Guk pulled away from Eunji and gently her face, “It’s time for you to rest.” He got up and was about to leave until he felt a tug at his hand. Eunji wrapped her hand tightly around In Guk’s arm and tugged at it. “Don’t sleep downstairs; the couch is hard and stiff..” In Guk smiled then whispered into her ear, “Aniyo, it’s okay. Our little princess needs her sleep.”  In Guk grinned widely at Eunji and left the bedroom. Eunji tossed and turned in the bed, fan-girling by herself, alone, in the dark. She now was certain about how she felt about In Guk and how he felt about her as well. But one thing she wasn’t certain of was how dating would be like as an idol especially.

 

This was the start of a new experience, a new love. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HELLO~  IM SORRY FOR THE SUDDEN M.I.A~ WAS BUSY WITH OTHER STUFF. ANYWAY WOOOO~ EUNGUK KISSED HAHAHA. I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE THINKING. LIKE FINALLY~ HAHA WELL HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER! :D CONTNUE TO READ AND SUPPORT THIS FANFIC!

(SIDENOTE: YOSEOB FROM B2ST HAS RELEASED HIS SOLO ALBUM. LIKE WOOOOO~ SO GO LISTEN!)

EUNGUK HWAITING! REPLY 1997 HWAITING! YOSEOB HWAITING! THE FIRST COLLAGE HWAITING!