Chapter 3 - The Long Awaited Meeting

Our Love After Reply 1997

Lotte World Amusement Park

In Guk pulls away from Eunji and the both of them walk over to the bench and listen to the next mission. 

 
 WGM Crew : Since the two of you now know who is your husband/wife, it's now time to decide whether you would like to continue your journey or end it. 
 
In Guk and Eunji look at each other. 
 
In Guk: Ya, you want to be my wife right. 
 
Eunji blushes then says
 
Eunji: Tsk! Who says I want to be your wife. 
 
In Guk: YA JUNG EUNJI!  How can you say that! 
 
Eunji giggles and looks back at the crew
 
WGM crew: Now, the two of you will have some time to think about your decision and in about 15 minutes time and meet back here to confirm your decisions. 
 
In Guk and Eunji get up from the bench
 
In Guk: Eunji-ya, think about it carefully. 
 
Eunji: Araso oppa. 
 
They get up and walk in opposite directions
 
[ Eunji's POV ]
 
Aigoo.. It's really In Guk Oppa.. 
 
*chime*
 
Eunji's phone alerts her of a new message. She pulls her phone out and reads the message. 
 
"In Guk Oppa "
"Eunji-ya, truthfully, did you know it was me before we even met today? "
 
Eunji replies
 
"Deh oppa, because of the ring. It was the ring we had in Reply 1997"
 
*chime*
 
"In Guk Oppa"
"Nado.. So have you decided on whether you want to ( be my wife) yet? "
 
[In Guk's POV] 
 
In Guk anxiously awaits her reply, clutching his phone in his hand. 
 
What will she say? 
 
WGM crew: Cha, Jung Eunji-ssi and Seo In Guk-ssi, it's time to go back to the meeting place now. 
 
In Guk and Eunji both look up from their phones and make their way back to the meeting place. 
They sit back down on the bench, too shy to look at each other. 
 
WGM crew: Cha, I hope the two of you have made a decision. 
Seo In Guk-ssi. Are you willing to continue this journey? 
 
In Guk tenses up but confidently answers
 
In Guk: Yes. I am willing to. 
 
WGM crew: Jung Eunji-ssi, what will be your decision? 
 
In Guk looks nervously at her, hoping that she will give the same answer. Eunji looks at In Guk. She blushes and her heart races. 
 
Why I am like this? 
 
After composing herself, Eunji clears and finally speaks. 
 
 
Eunji: Deh.. I am willing to continue this journey. 
 
In Guk grins from ear to ear then  jumps up from his seat and punches his fist in the air. 
 
In Guk: Asa! 
 
Eunji bursts into laughter from the awkwardness and embarrassment
 
Eunji: Oppa-ya! Stop it! It's so embarrassing. 
 
WGM crew: Since the two of you have decided to continue this journey. You are now officially WGM's new couple. Chukahamnida!
 
Eunji and In Guk end the filming, bowing to the crew to thank them for their efforts. 
 
[ end of filming ]
 
[ After filming ]
In Guk and Eunji are outside, each waiting for their cars. 
 
In Guk grabs Eunji's hand and looks at her sweetly. 
 
In Guk: Eunji-ya, now that I'm your 'husband' you have to take good care of me, okay?
 
Eunji shocked by this quickly lets go of his hand and looks at In Guk sarcastically. 
 
Eunji: Oppa, don't worry. I'll treat you as how Sung Siwon would treat you. You'd like that won't you! 
 
In Guk scoffs at her remark
 
In Guk: Ya! Don't you dare okay, you are Jung Eunji now, not Sung Siwon. This is not Reply 1997, it's WGM! 
 
Eunji: What! So what if its WGM! You know how my character is, yes? 
 
In Guk: Aigoo.. Araso Araso! 
 
Just then Eunji's car pulls up. 
 
Eunji: Oppa, I'll leave first okay! 
 
In Guk: Mm.. Araso! I'll text you later! 
 
Eunji hops into the car and shuts the door. She looks out the window and sees In Guk waving to her, smiling widely. 
 
That smile, the familiarity and warmth of it made Eunji's heart flutter.
 
Eunji: What's wrong with me? Why am I like this? 
 
She waves back and the car drives off. 
 
Eunji face flushes red hot as she remembers In Guk's smile. 
 
Eunji: Ya Jung Eunji! Get a hold of yourself. Why are you acting like this! 
 
[ In Guk's POV ]
In Guk watches Eunji's car drive off and disappear in the distance. He sighs, knowing that he won't be able to see her until the next filming
 
 
In Guk: Jung Eunji, I think.. I think
I really like you. Not as Sung Siwon. But as you , Jung Eunji.