Chapter 13 - Ain't nothing but a heartache.

Our Love After Reply 1997

Ain't nothing but a heartache, Ain't nothing but a mistake.

 


 


"ATCH..OOO"
"Did you catch a cold?"


Eunji rubs her nose then answers
"Ahh.. But I'm okay. It's no big deal"
In Guk looks at Eunji with his big round worried eyes. She looked paler than usual, less energetic and as if she had been screaming a heck lot for the past few hours. 
"Should you still be practicing? I mean you don't look so good. "
"Aniya, I'm okay. I need to. The concert is just a few days away." Eunji blows her nose into a tissue that In Guk offers then goes over to her members to join the feast. 
But before Eunji can reach for a pair of chopsticks from the table, In Guk pulls her away from the table of food and into a corner of the room. 
"Cha, this one is yours. It's special." In Guk hands the bag tucked behind the door over to Eunji. 
Eunji s the top of the bag. 
"There's warm pear tea inside and also a special lunch set I made for you. Keke." In Guk proudly flaunts his cooking skills. 
Eunji pulls out the tumbler of tea made for her then looks back up at In Guk, touched that he did this for her even though he's really busy. 
"Araso, I have to go now. Filming for Rascal Sons is starting soon. Don't over exert yourself okay! " He gives Eunji his famous cheesy grin. 
She pouts and gives her puppy eyes but in the end reluctantly lets him leave. In Guk says his goodbyes to the Apink members and staff in the room. 
"Brother-in-law! Thank you for the food! Come visit us more often!" Namjoo shouts. 
"Deh! I will try to come more often! Continue eating kids! " In Guk replies, pulling open the door and going outside. 
"I'll send you off." Eunji says as she sniffles in between the words. 
"Ya, it's minus 8 degrees out there. Besides you've got a cold. Just say in here and eat the lunch I prepared for you okay!" In Guk convinces Eunji. 
Before he leaves he takes a peek of their surroundings to make sure no one is around then gives Eunji a peck on the cheek. 
"I'll call you later okay! If you don't feel too good text me. I'm going now. " 
In Guk goes down the flights of stairs. Eunji stares at that familiar figure slowly disappear down the stairs. She gives out a deep sigh then goes back into the practice room to enjoy her special lunch and the rest of the tortuous practice in her condition. 

--

After Apink's practice. 


The Apink members and staff begin to file out of the room one by one. The members go down to their car while the staff get ready to lock up. Eunji leaves the room last. She throws her thick winter jacket over herself and zips it all the way up to her neck. As she exits the practice room, she notices a small bag at the entrance. Eunji picks up the paper bag and peeps inside. There's a note, a box of cold medicine, a bottle of water, tissue packs and a combo pack of gummy bears. She pulls out the note.

"Chagiya~ I know you wouldn't have the time to go to the doctor or get some medicine so here's some. I got the non-drowsy ones for you, you workaholic. Anyway, the gummy bears will help the medicine go down easier, they say its bitter. Get better okay love, I miss you lots already. Hee. Remember to take them 30 minutes after meals. I love you, feel better. Gukkie's and Rim-me's and my strength is with you! <3"

Eunji grins after reading the note. She peels open the packet of gummy bears, popping a few in before she heads down to the car. 

--

 

Eunji is in the car on the way to In Guk’s filming site. They decide to film this week’s WGM episode where In Guk is since he’s busy and it’s more convenient that way. Winter was harsh this season, the temperature dropped every day and it didn’t help with filming conditions. Eunji was bundled up with at least 4 layers of clothes and thick winter boots. She learned from experience that being barefoot in a minus 10-degrees surrounding definitely wasn’t pleasant, so she came prepared. The filming location wasn’t that far, about a 10 minute car ride and they had arrived. Eunji slipped on the fur hood of her coat over her head, messed with her bangs then pulled open the door of the van and braced the cold.

 

In Guk is currently filming for Rascal Sons with Yoon Se In and their on-screen son Hong Eun Taek. Eunji always had a soft spot for kids, when she was young she used to dream about her future, having a wonderful husband with many kids. Never did that fantasy include becoming an idol but it somehow happened. She snapped herself out of that fantasy, returning to reality and the WGM filming. No doubt did In Guk’s on screen family look good together, with such a good, cute kid like Eun Taek, every family would be happy. Eunji shook her head furiously, then went to greet the other actors on stand-by. She met with Lee Sungjae and Ryu Soo Young, In Guk’s on-screen brothers, introducing herself as In Guk’s other ‘virtual wife’ and offering some snacks she prepared for the cast and staff.

 

“Oh, it’s nice to finally meet you. In Guk’s mentioned a lot about you.” Sungjae receives the hot drink from Eunji. She grins but inside is really jittery thinking about what In Guk might have said about her.

 

--

 

“CUT!”

 

--

 

“Good take guys. In Guk you’re off the hook. See you on Friday!” The director shouts from behind screen.

 

“Deh director! You’ve worked hard!” In Guk replies. He is about to leave the set when he hears Eun Taek shout out to him.

 

“APPA! Bring me with you!”

“Keke, wae? Are you gonna miss me?”

Eun Taek nods as In Guk carries him.

“Aigoo, our Bo Ram is growing bigger every day.” In Guk pats him on the head.

Just then Se In joins the duo.

“Yeah, he’s much bigger now as compared to when we first met him.” Se In ruffles Eun Taek’s hair from where In Guk’s carrying him.

Se In’s gaze shifts to In Guk, “In Guk-ah, your hair’s all messed up.” She tucks a few loose strands of hair from In Guk’s forehead behind his ear.

 

--

 

Eunji rushes down to the set to go meet In Guk and start filming for WGM. She pushes open those heavy doors and enters the set, seeing the on-screen family having some off-screen family time. Eunji watched them for a while, how natural they all were together, it made more sense that In Guk would be more compatible with someone like Se In, age-wise anyway. For a moment Eunji actually felt like she was the third party, the one who might break up a perfectly normal and ideal family. It was a horrible feeling, Eunji felt her heart fall and she fought back the tears that were relentlessly trying to make their way out of her eyes. It was a ridiculous thought but every bone in her body was telling her that she would be the one who ruins In Guk’s life.

Pushing those heavy doors open again, Eunji runs out of the set, leaving the WGM crew behind. She knew the crew would find something odd and rumors might start flying but she couldn’t give a damn about it now, all she wanted to do is find somewhere to hide and just cry her heart out. If she knew loving someone would be this difficult, she wouldn’t have started doing so in the first place. Eunji ran through the corridors in search of somewhere to sob her eyes out, she sought refuge in the stairwell, slamming down onto the steps, igniting the waterworks to start. Her heart was beating furiously against her ribcage, she just wanted to rip it out so that she could be emotionless, feel nothing, not pain, not even love. Eunji reached into her pocket for her phone and called her manager. Even though she couldn’t speak coherently due to the sobbing she still managed to get her manager to come to where she was. Eunji couldn’t take it any longer, the secret of dating In Guk, the pain and jealousy she had to suffer when she was with him. Of course the situation wasn’t ideal, she was only 20 and In Guk was six years older than her.

Her manager hears a full confession from Eunji, when they started, how they started, etc. But Eunji says something that breaks her manager’s heart.

 

He is looking for someone to marry, not just to date for the fun of it. That person just isn’t me.

 

Her manager couldn’t believe that Eunji at such a young age had to go through all that, dating in secret was already difficult enough but having to go through all the ups and downs of love alone with no one to talk to, it must have been tortuous.

“Unni, I can’t do the filming today. I mean look at me, I’m a mess. Can you help reschedule for me? I know it’s difficult but I just can’t do it today. Say that I’m sick or something, please?” Eunji wipes her smudged mascara and tears off her face.

Eunji and her manager go back to the van, Eunji settles into the back seat while her manager goes back to inform the WGM crew of the situation. She puts on her headphones and blasts music so that all other noise is blocked out. Eunji closes her eyes and leans her head back onto the head rest, she is so tired of everything, having to hide yet somewhat reveal her feelings.

 

What happened to those happy endings in fairytales and cliché love stories that we hear people talk about, what happened to love?

 

Eunji was getting a massive migraine from all this drama.

“I’m only 20 for god’s sake, can’t I just live a somewhat normal life?” she screamed from inside the van.

 

--

 

In Guk disbands from his on-screen family to prepare for the WGM filming. He spots the WGM crew on the set and scans the crowd for any sign of Eunji but he doesn’t see her, surprisingly he sees her manager instead. He walks over to the crew and expects to be rushed to get his microphone on but the mood is all weird and solemn, the crew is just idling around as if waiting for instructions. Eunji’s manager talks to the head of the production crew away from the others, In Guk tries to hear what they are talking about but it was hardly audible. Sensing that something is wrong, In Guk snoops around with the crew, trying to find out what the heck is going on.

 

“I just saw her storm out of the set then I haven’t seen her since.”

“Yeah, it’s weird we were just about to start filming then she runs out as if she’s crazy or something.”

“So now what? Are we still filming or not?”

Some members of the crew gossip amongst themselves but inadvertently are heard by In Guk. He has finally gotten the gist of what is going on and it definitely has got to do with Eunji. In Guk immediately pulls out his phone and dials Eunji’s number.

 

--

 

“Incoming call

 

Guk-Gukkie~ <3”

 

Ignore.

Eunji taps the button on her phone then raises the volume of her music to get her mind off everything.

 

--

 

“Im sorry. The number that you are trying to reach is currently unavailable, please try again later.”

In Guk redials the number, this time he runs out of the set in search of her.

 

--

 

“Incoming call

 

Guk-Gukkie~ <3”

 

Ignore.

 

Eunji turns off her service provider so she won’t get any more calls.

 

--

In Guk keeps trying her number as he sprints through the corridors and stairs.

Then he sees something out the window, it’s Eunji’s van.

 

--

 

“Tell me why, Ain’t nothing but a heartache. Tell me why, Ain’t nothing but a mistake. I never wanna hear you say, I want it that way.” 

 

Eunji feels tears well up in her eyes again, this time she doesn’t try to stop them from falling, she just lets them flow from her eyes. How could the song playing now fit perfectly with how she's feeling. Eunji skipped the track, playing another song that wouldn't make her feel so depressed.

 

“EUNJI-YA! OPEN UP! EUNJI-YA, JUNG EUNJI!”

She hears a faint voice amidst her music. She opens her eyes and sees In Guk outside the van. Shocked, Eunji closes her eyes shut, hoping that he will leave and not see her in this state.

 

“EUNJI-YA! OPEN THE DOOR! IT’S ME, IN GUK! CAN YOU HEAR ME?” He keeps slamming his hand against the window to get her attention.

 

Eunji finally gives in and opens the door; she didn’t want to attract any attention or for him to freeze to death. In Guk rushes in and shuts the door behind him.

 

“Jung Eunji, can you tell me what the heck is going on?”

Tears continue to fall from Eunji’s face, she doesn’t look up, she doesn’t dare to. She takes off her headphones and puts them around her neck, wiping away her tears at the same time, she didn't want him to see her like this. In Guk grabs Eunji’s hands and holds them tight in his.

 

“Eunji-ya.. what is going on? Why are you crying?”

 

Eunji senses fear in In Guk’s voice, the insecurity of not knowing what’s happened and what’s going to.

She shakes her head profusely, unwilling to say anything.

 

“Eunji-ya, say something. Please. Don’t do this to me, tell me what happened.” In Guk tries to stay calm but whatever comes out of his mouth is filled with worry and fear.

 

“I can’t do this anymore. The hiding, the fear, everything. I just can’t. I’m sorry” Eunji blurts out, sobbing even harder after that.

 

In Guk unknowingly tears up as well, he didn’t like to hide their relationship either, seeing Eunji in pain because of it made his heart ache. He slumps back into the seat not knowing what he can do to make the situation better. In Guk knew one thing though, that he loved Eunji and he wasn’t going to give her up this easily. He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the van.

“Let go! I’m not going back in there!” Eunji shrieks as she gets pulled by In Guk.

In Guk doesn’t respond, he just drags her all the way back into the building.

“LET ME GO! SEO IN GUK, YOU'RE HURTING ME.”

Soon they are back where the set is.

In Guk finally lets go of his grip on Eunji and shouts.

 

“Everyone in here listen up!” Eunji tugs at In Guk to try to shut him up but he doesn’t react the way she wants to. All eyes are on the couple, In Guk holds Eunji’s hand tightly.

 

 

“Eunji and I are dating!”

 

 

 


 

So HAI GUISE. :D

Okay I made this somewhat a serious chapter. :O not a lot of spazzy moments but a major one at the end?

Please don't kill me for like making In Guk announce it. HAHA I really do hope that Eunji and In Guk get together in real life though. :( It's been too long already. Keke, anyway hope you guise liked this chapter :) Subscribe, comment and upvote if you enjoyed it, it makes me happy to know you guys liked it :) THANKS~ Eunguk forever. HEH. See you guise with next update! Sorry for the gif spam btw. 

  bbyong~ anneong! :P

 

@kyhyunnia : HAHA HAI AGAIN. :) Thanks for not abandoning the story. Heh~ Still contemplating on whether to do a sequel but will tell you guise soon! :D

@bowties :  IKR! My feels exactly. Lol, I am just waiting for them to get together already.

@supergeneration09 : By see him, I assume date in real life? I hope they do, like really-i-will-die-if-they-do-not. :P

@SujuXLove : So now you know who sneezed. ;P

@pandagirl753 : HAHAHHAA HAAAAAIIIIIII~ :) Keke.