Chapter 11 - Hello 2013 and ring?

Our Love After Reply 1997

goodbye 2012, hello 2013 and ring?


 

"Deh. Anneonghaseyo! Apink-eu Jung Eunji-imnida. I hope you have a blessed 2013."

The recording is shifted to the Taxi. Eunji settles into the passenger seat behind and straps herself in.

 

Recording resumes.

 

“Eunji-ssi, where should I you to?” Hyun Moo asks.

“Me? Ahh, for now, there’s a man I need to meet, so could you take me to Tanhyeon.“ Eunji answers.

--

The recording carries on with the MCs asking Eunji about Reply 1997 and the other details of her life.  Being the Busan ahjumma she is, her satoori came flying out as she spoke. Eunji also mentioned her new drama, “That Winter, The Wind Blows”. Having the opportunity to speak from the heart, Eunji didn’t expect to change after Reply 1997. Yes its popularity helped to fatten up her schedule but it had a much larger impact on her than she had expected. Her mother told her that she had changed, she couldn’t see the old Eunji anymore and that made Eunji’s heart wrench a little. She puts on a brave front and fights back the tears as she explains how she struggled when her mother told her those words.

--

“What’s your ideal type?”

“I like the sad looking types, those with a kind of soft charisma. In Guk-oppa has his charms but he’s like an unrefined chunk.”

It was true, In Guk wasn’t Eunji’s ideal type at all, the total opposite in fact. The soft charisma and sad-face traits were definitely not in In Guk’s genes, he liked to kid around and be all dorky. But for some reason that was what appealed to Eunji, that made her like him.

 

--

It wasn’t long before they had arrived in Tanhyeon. Eunji had already unbuckled her seat belt and was ready to get off to meet In Guk. Then he emerged from the building he was filming in, bundled up with a two-toned scarf and a long chic jacket.

As usual, looking gorgeous as ever.

 Eunji thought to herself as In Guk walked towards them.

“Oppa, anneonghaseyo.” Eunji says then giggles a little as In Guk greets the MCs with bows. He somehow positions himself next to Eunji, (naturally maybe) before the MCs speak again.

“This is the nation’s lotto, right here.” Gura says pointing to the couple.

“It’s been a while since you’ve seen her right?” He asks.

“Aniyo, we met up not long ago for the end of year awards ceremony.” In Guk explains. Eunji nods in agreement even though the last they’ve seen each other was on their date a few days ago.

Everyone hops back into the cab and they drive off to meet someone with a deep connection to the couple.

Eunji is seated in the same seat while In Guk in the other. He looks over to Eunji and gives her that why-are-you-wearing-so-little-in-the-winter-again look. Eunji then shrugs her shoulders and buckles in her seatbelt.

Filming resumes as the taxi drives off. The MCs ask In Guk about his schedule and love calls from variety shows which gets In Guk talking about his previous experience with tvN Taxi and the crazy viral love confession to Eunji that was announced to the world through Eun Ji Won. Now that the two of them were together, Eunji thought it was cute for In Guk to do that even though she knew he was kidding around, it felt different.

“I became someone who was dumped by Apink’s Eunji. It was so difficult for me” In Guk confesses. Eunji laughs, speechless to what he said as it is quite ironic of how they are together now.

--

The MCs start talking about Reply 1997 with the couple, saying that the cast list was kind of worrying for the viewers.

“We started off with a lot of distrust.” In Guk jokes.

“I too wondered if the drama would be okay with In Guk oppa. If Oppa was a top actor, I ..”

“She is going to diss me isn’t she?”

“No I’m not going to diss you!” Eunji bursts out into laughter, not expecting that what she said would have sounded like that.

“She’s dissing me isn’t she?

“She is dissing you.” Hyun Moo agrees from behind the steering wheel.

--

The taxi reaches its next stop with the very special guest waiting. As the taxi comes to a stop, Eunji and In Guk both lean forwards to try to have a glance of this special guest.

“AH. I was right!” Eunji quickly unbuckles her seatbelt and climbs out of the taxi.

“Director! Why have you gained so much weight!” Eunji screams with a shocked expression on her face as she stands at the door of the taxi. Everyone is shocked by her honest comment but find it cute that she said that, especially with her Busan satoori.

“Director!” Eunji excitedly comes out from behind the car door and stands beside him.

“Ya, it’s our director!” In Guk exclaims too.

It felt nice to see Shin Wonho PD-nim, the filming of Reply 1997 really bonded everyone together so this felt like a family gathering instead of recording for a variety show.

Again everyone hopped back into the taxi, this time Eunji sat in the middle with In Guk on her left and Wonho PD-nim on her right.

As the recording went on, numerous topics were raised and discussed, even the weird ‘love line’ between JoonHee and Yoonjae was said to be the director’s most unexpected sweet love line. He also emphasized that Eunji and In Guk’s success was based solely on their own efforts, not Reply 1997 so they didn’t need to keep thanking him. The couple understood where their director was coming from but some part of them still felt that they owed him something.

--

The taxi’s last stop is a ddeok shop to start off the New Year. Shin Won Ho PD-nim leaves first and the couple enters the shop with the MCs. The four get first-hand experience on how ddeok is made and have supper. After finishing about 4 rolls of ddeok with honey each the MCs wrap up the show after receiving their ‘taxi fare’ and ask the couple to give their farewells.

“Viewers, I hope you spend a joyful New Year watching Taxi and hope you will have a successful year. Until now, we have been Reply 1997’s Sung Shiwon,” Eunji looks at In Guk who is currently devouring his ddeok.

“and Yoo..n Yoon..j.ae – imn..id.a..” He says with practically his whole mouth stuffed with ddeok.

Eunji laughs at this sight.

 

Aigoo, you’re such a dork yeah Guk-Gukkie?

 


 

FILMING ENDS.

 

Eunji and In Guk gets their mics taken off then get ready to go back home to rest, it is after all the first day of the New Year. The couple say their goodbyes to the staff members then return to their own cars and drive off separately.

 

In Eunji’s car.

Eunji gets into the car which oddly smells good for once, like really good in fact, maybe Kung Fu Panda finally cleaned the car for the New Year. She pulls off those annoying heels from her feet and makes herself comfortable in the car. Her phone beeps.

“Guk-Gukkiya~ <3”

Chagiya! Good work today, thanks for dissing me in public. Heh~ kidding merong! Happy New Year Chagiya! May 2013 be an even better year for you and us! <3 I love you, saranghae~

Ps. Check the boot of your car ^^

 

“Eyy, what is he up to again? It better not be some cliché cheesy event okay or he’s gonna get it from me. “ Eunji changes into her spare sneakers then goes back outside to check the boot. She pulls open the door of the boot revealing a red rose, attached with a note lying next to a small box. She grabs the bunch then goes back into the car before she freezes to death.

Eunji’s manager gets into the car after finishing up with the crew members then drives her home.She reads the note first, leaving the other items on the empty seat next to her.

 

To: Jung Eunji, my chagiya. <3

Eunji-ya, anneong! It’s another year now, so firstly Happy New Year! I wish you the best and success in everything you do! I feel so fortunate to have met and known you in the past year, you have been such a great joy in my life and I really don’t know what I would have done without you in my life. Thank you for tolerating my nonsense for the past half-year and for all the wonderful memories together. So to celebrate the new year and a new chapter of our relationship, open the box now.

Eunji grabs the box from the empty seat and opens it, revealing a simple yet elegant ring. Eunji’s free hand flies to , she is utterly shocked by this.

She continues reading the letter.

So have you seen it? Isn’t it pretty! Hee~ This is for you, I have mine on right now, actually I was wearing it during the recording if you noticed. ^^

Eunji-ya, these rings will be our couple rings, always keep it by your side and don’t lose it okay! I want this to signify a promise, a promise to each other during our relationship. I love you Eunji, thank you for everything. Saranghae!

Your gukkie/chagiya/dork, In Guk.

Eunji pulls the ring out from the box and fits it onto her finger, tears begins to fall from her face as she runs her fingers over the ring. She takes her phone out and video calls In Guk. She fits her earphones into each ear then calls him. He picks up and soon they see each other’s’ faces. Eunji’s tears fall uncontrollably when she sees In Guk’s face on the screen, she is so thankful and touched that she is speechless.

“Eunji-ya! Why are you crying! Pabo-ya, don’t cry!” In Guk says.

All Eunji can do is bow her head down at the screen and sob quietly.

“Ya! Where has my strong Busan ahjumma gone! Don’t cry!”

Eunji’s head jerks up after hearing him call her ahjumma.

“I’m not.. an ahjumma.. okay!” She says in between the sobs.

“Araso araso.. Stop crying okay. Look!” In Guk lifts his left hand up to the screen and shows the couple ring fitted snugly on his ring finger.

Eunji does the same then smiles at In Guk.

“Since when did you know how to be so romantic?”

“Tch! Like since I was born. Why are you always doubting my romantic-skills” In Guk scoffs.

Eunji shakes her head then says into the mic

“Oppa-ya, gomawo. I really wasn’t expecting anything but you never fail to surprise me so thank you.. and I love you.

“I love you too Eunji! I’ve got to go okay! I’ll call you later!” In Guk makes a kissy face at the camera then hangs up. Eunji cringes at the sight of this then puts her phone down. She looks back down to the ring and twists it in her hand.

 

A New Year, new surprises but love never changes, it just grows. 

 

 

 

 

 

New year and tvN taxi chapter! didnt put in a few details because i disnt want to make it seem as if i am narrating the whole episode. So hope you guys like it! ;) HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! HAVE A GREAT 2013 AHEAD, TRY THINGS YOU'VE NEVER DONE BEFORE! :P Haha, so hope you like this chapter, please comment, subscribe and upvote! It helps keep me motivated. Lol~ Also watch my foreword page for a new poster (coming soon) courtesy of LUXICITY Graphics for accepting my submission! :) 

 

@aerachoi : HELLO NEW SUBSCRIBER. HAI~ haha sorry hope I didn't scare you. Welcome to the Eunguk ship :) Thank you for loving this fic, its kinds bleh but :) check back for more updates! 

@pandagirl753 : LOL I kinda thought that In Guk wouldn't be the type to get jealous but MEH i made him jealous anyway! :P

@timmytam : HAHA~ yeah thats why I had to make a gif of it :P 

@SujuXLove : I secretly think they are dating in real life so it's okay. :P I will consider the sequel!

@supergeneration09: IKR. They are dating, I don't care, I'm gonna assume. HEE~ :)