Chapter 10 - Legally Blonde & Out in the cold.

Our Love After Reply 1997

Legally Blonde and out in the cold * 


 

 

 

In Guk makes himself comfortable in the audience seat as he watched Eunji’s musical. He was enjoying everything, the musical numbers, Eunji’s awesome vocals and acting skills, Eunji. All in all, he was just happy that it was Eunji up there performing, he knew how good Eunji was. In Guk was seated near the front of the stage with his manager, he specifically chose those seats so that he could see Eunji clearly but Eunji wouldn’t and get jittery during the performance. As the musical progressed on, a few teenagers sitting behind In Guk became quite chatty. Unfortunately it wasn’t because they realized In Guk was sitting in front of them but that a certain scene was coming up.
 

“Kyaaaa~ the kiss scene is coming up! Ottoke! Eunji-unnie is so lucky! ”
“Maja! It’s Tim-oppa’s lips hers will be touching. But nevertheless the kiss scenes are always the best.”

 

The two teenage girls squealed behind In Guk. Of course In Guk knew that there was a kiss scene in the musical but he just couldn’t process it in his mind. Eunji’s lips were going to touch another man’s, not his. His heart wrenched inside of him and jealousy filled his eyes as he continued to watch the musical. He couldn’t focus on the musical anymore; he was just waiting for the kiss scene to be done with, for him to explode internally and then get over it. Then finally nearing the end of the musical, Eunji and Tim appear on stage, alone. In Guk looks down and clenches his teeth, trying to block out everything. He refuses to give in to jealousy, jerking his head up to watch the performance. Just at that moment he sees the kiss, the two lips meet, Eunji’s head so close to Tim’s. The kiss lasted for at least a few seconds before Eunji pulled away from Tim and the musical continued. In Guk got up from his seat and raced out of the theatre just as the bridge of the next number played. He couldn’t bring himself to stay in that theatre any longer, if he did it would be betraying himself and his love for Eunji.
 

“In Guk-ah!” his manager tried to shout-whisper in the theatre.
 

In Guk pushed the big doors of the theatre open and ran outside, to the cold. The harsh wind slapped across his face as he stopped in his tracks. Swirls of smoke formed as In Guk tried to catch his breath, he was bent over, hands on his knees. The cold air filled his nose making it even harder to breathe. In Guk felt like he was being strangled by the cold but also by love.
 

Why is love so difficult, shouldn’t there be happy endings and rainbows. What is this.
 

“AGHHHHHHHHHH.”
 

In Guk screamed at the top of his voice. He didn’t care about the few passer-bys staring at him, he was disguised top to toe so they would have thought he was a crazy guy.
He wanted to scream and scream and scream until he vented all the frustration building up in him. He shouldn’t feel jealous, it’s just acting, what he and Eunji have done before.

 

“It’s acting, just acting. There are no feelings. Wake up In Guk, wake up.” In Guk mumbles to himself. He makes his way over to a bench on the opposite side of the building and flops down, exhausted by the devilish efforts of jealousy.

Its curtain call in the theatre, Eunji’s waiting backstage to go on stage and take her bow. She straightens out the blonde wig on her head and anxiously waits for her name to be called. She knows In Guk is in the audience, probably waiting for her to appear as well.

 

“Our main cast, Jung Eunji, Tim Hwa…”
 

Eunji walks out from the side curtains taking center stage and giving a big bow to the audience. Her eyes immediately scan for either a crazy man who is cheering at the top of his voice or a crazy man who is cheering at the top of his voice, but she doesn’t see In Guk. Her eyes frantically search for his familiar figure, those broad shoulders, that firm stance, those beautiful dark eyes.
 

He’s not there.
 

Eunji felt her heart fall a little and her whole mood drifting away. Where is he? He promised to cheer the loudest in the audience. She takes a few steps back and prepares to finish off with their last number. Eunji snaps out of her sudden confusion and finishes the musical with a fake smile plastered on her face even though she’s aching inside.
 

It was a promise, was it not? Guk-ah, where are you?
 

 

The curtains fall, leaving the stage semi-dark. All the co-actors begin to say their goodbyes and ‘good-work’ speeches. Eunji stands there dazed, confused by what happened. She runs off the stage before any of her other actors speak to her, running all the way to her dressing room. Eunji slams the door shut behind her then reaches for her phone to check if In Guk messaged or called her. 
 

Nothing. 
 

There is a knock at the door behind her. 
 

Eunji-ya! It's In Guk's manager! Could you open up please. 
 

She immediately turns the handle and swings the door wide open. His manager looks inside as if looking for something, someone. 

 

Oppa, where is Guk-Oppa? I didn't see him in the audience at the end of the performance. Did he leave? Why did he leave?
 

Uhhhh... He rubs the back of his head with slight confusion. 
 

Actually.. I don't know where he went either. I thought he was here with you, I guess not. Halfway during the performance he just ran out the theatre, like he was crazy. I thought he really needed to pee or something so I didn’t follow him.
 

Eunji's face turns slightly pale, she pulls off the blonde wig and hair net on her head, letting her hair fall across her face. She frantically grabs her coat, abandons her heels and rushes outside, attempting to look for In Guk barefoot in the middle of winter. Eunji runs through the corridors, putting one arm through the arm hole of the coat then the other. She reaches the main doors of the theatre in no time, pulling up the zipper on her coat and cursing herself for not putting on any shoes. Eunji braces herself for the cold then pushes the huge doors open. The cold hit her hard, she immediately shivers as the winds lash out at her relentlessly. Eunji fights the cold, searching around for any trace of In Guk. Stepping onto snow and ice wasn’t a nice experience but that was not important, she needed to find In Guk.

 

Eunji runs round the perimeter of the building, checking every nook and cranny for any trace of In Guk. Then she sees him, that familiar figure, that frim stance. She runs across the bridge towards the bench where In Guk is seated at.

 

“Oppa-ya!” Eunji is barely able to scream after running around like a mad woman. In Guk recognises that voice, he immediately turns around and sees Eunji charging towards him. He gets up from the bench with a shocked expression on his face. Eunji slams right into In Guk after being unable to stop herself from running too fast, right into his warm embrace. She breathes heavily into his chest, trying to catch her breath.

 

“Oh, Eunji-ya. What are you doing here?” In Guk says as he wraps his arms around Eunji who is currently plastered to him. Eunji doesn’t say anything, probably from the fact that she’s literally shaking from the cold. She places her feet onto In Guk’s so as to avoid stepping on the cold floor. He looks down at Eunji’s feet, puzzled as to why she’s doing that. In Guk sees Eunji’s bare feet, all red and numb from the cold. He doesn’t say anything but immediately crouches down and motions Eunji to get on his back. She obediently does as she’s told; climbing onto In Guk’s firm back then locking her hands round his neck. In Guk places his hands round Eunji’s legs then runs as fast as he can back to the theatre. She buries her face into In Guk’s shoulder, shielding herself from the wind.

 

They finally reach the theatre and are greeted by pleasant warmth as In Guk pushes the door open. He runs through the corridor and towards Eunji’s waiting room at full speed. The door is already open so In Guk rushes in and plops Eunji onto the sofa before grabbing a basin from the room and rushing out again.

Eunji is numb with cold, she can't even feel her feet anymore. In Guk returns with a basin full of warm water, he plops the basin down in front of Eunji and grabs a towel from the side of the dressing table before squatting before her. Eunji had pretty much predicted the whole situation and hid her feet under the sofa before In Guk had settled down.

 

“Jung Eunji’s feet! Come out from hiding this instant.” He jokingly said to hopefully persuade her to place her feet into the water.

Eunji shook her head profusely, unwilling to move her feet an inch.

“Eunji-ya, if you don’t then your toes might fall off and I’m not kidding. You might get frostbite. In Guk’s tone changed, this time he was really serious, worried about Eunji.

After hearing this, her feet came out of hiding and submerged themselves into the warm water. In Guk placed the warm towel he had soaked onto one of Eunji’s feet, patting it up and down her foot. She was definitely embarrassed by this; no one had ever touched her feet like this, not someone out of her family at least.

“Pabo-ya, couldn’t you have worn shoes before you came out looking for me?”

“Well I didn’t know what happened and where you were so of course I went looking for you, even if it was without shoes.”

“Ohh~ Eunji-ya. When did you care for me this much?”

Eunji’s face flushed red as she said in her strong Busan accent.

“Of course. If I don’t then who will? I’m your girlfriend now.”

 

In Guk grinned foolishly to himself as he continued to pat down Eunji’s feet.

 

Girlfriend, she says she’s my girlfriend.

 

“Chagiya, gomawo. For caring and loving me.” In Guk puts down the towel and seats himself next to Eunji on the sofa, putting one arm around her shoulder then pulling her towards him.

“Ya Guk-ah!” She shouts as In Guk hugs her tighter.

“Ah let go already! I can’t breathe!” Eunji gets frustrated.

In Guk releases his grip round Eunji just enough so that he can give her a light peck on the lips before allowing her to move away from him.

 

Eunji’s feet slowly warm up in the water and she regains the energy lost searching for In Guk.

“Oppa, you know our recording for tvN’s Taxi. I heard you will be filming at that time.”

“Mhmm, you ride first then I’ll get on when you guys reach my filming location. That’s how its arranged.”

“Oh.. Araso.” Eunji said quite dejectedly.

“Ya, what’s with that reaction?”

“Aniya, I just wish that you could film the start with me.”

In Guk cups Eunji’s face in his hands and says

“Pabo-ya, I’ll always be with you, in here.” He pats his chest where his heart is.

“What is this, so cheesy all of a sudden” Eunji says as she elbows In Guk.

“YA! You ungrateful creature! Come here! ” In Guk headlocks Eunji and ruffles her hair.

 

 


 

 

 

 

tvN Taxi Recording Site / 31 Dec 2012

 

We see Eunji getting ready for the show, the crew sets up her microphone. Eunji is fiddling with her phone when a message pops up.

 

“Guk-Gukkiee~ <3”

 

“Chagiya! The filming here is ending soon~ Can’t wait to see you later! Bbyong~”

 

Eunji grins as she reads the message.

 

Dork. Why do I like you?

 

She locks her phone and slides in to her jacket pocket before going through the script of the show.

 

“Jung Eunji-ssi, we will be starting in a few moments. Please get ready” A crew member tells her.

 

Eunji nods then prepares for her entrance.

 

“We have Eungchil couple’s “Eung” with us! Here is Apink’s Jung Eunji everyone!”

 

 

Hiya guise! Haha here's chapter 10! Couldn't really edit and check it much because im so nervous for my exam results tomorrow. *fingers crossed* So please excuse any gramatical errors and weird sentences! I know I was supposed to make this chapter on the Taxi episode but I just thought of this storyline. HEH! Hope you guys liked it! Please comment, subscribe and upvote, it becomes encouragement for me to write more of this story. 

By the way, I might be ending this story soon. :O PLEASE DO NOT START A MOB AND COME AFTER ME. Haha, I was planning on doing a sequel to this story so if I end it earlier that means new storyline. :S Please tell me what you think in the comments below! THANK YOU AND HELLO TO ALL THE NEW AND OLD SUBSCRIBERS. I LOVE ALL YOU GUISE. 

ps. poster not mine

Eunguk 1997 :) <3 

 

@Novemberfest : Thank you! :) It means a lot. 

@supergeneration09 : Thanks! :) Revenge is sweet. :P

@kyuhyunnia : Here's the update! :) HAHA im so honored to be called Author-nim. HEE~